NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Key connection to memory seat position

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-15, 03:44 AM
HamIsh1028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key connection to memory seat position

Has anyone else been unable to wirelessly connect the keys to the drivers seat position? I'm in Canada. My dealer claims it's doable. Lexus Canada says it's a feature not available on Canadian delivery vehicles.
Old 01-24-15, 08:00 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Based on the Owner's Manual, p147, you should be able to. I haven't tried it yet, but basically, while holding your memory position (i.e. "1"), hold down the door lock switch until it beeps.

Of course, just have one key fob present. Then repeat with the second key fob while keep the first one far away from detection (10+ feet).

Give it a shot and report back!
Old 01-24-15, 01:36 PM
HamIsh1028

Default Already tried

Corrado, I've tried that procedure many times. Still no luck. Would you mind seeing if you're able to do it with your Canadian vehicle? Thanks
Old 01-25-15, 07:55 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Tried it a few times and same result as you. I hear the beep as per the manual, yet keys are not distinguished.

I don't really mind since I just have L1 set to my preferences and L2 set to my wife's. This works out well since when she and I ride in the NX, the car would not get confused or pick up the first fob and set it to that preference. This way, I know I'm always "L1" and press that when I drive regardless of whether both fobs are in the car. Similarly for her.
Old 01-25-15, 11:30 AM
HamIsh1028

Default Very disappointing for Canadian buyers

Being able to have the seats automatically adjust to whichever driver is using the car is a big convenience. It's usually only offered on higher end vehicles. If it isn't supplied on Canadian delivery cars, along with all the other features not provided in this country (Enform, weather, traffic, etc.), it reflects very poorly on Lexus. It appears as if they make their cars for the US market and then, while charging considerably more in Canada, invest the bare minimum to conform to Canadian standards. It seems like they don't care whether Canadian buyers get the complete package because the Canadian market is so small that they don't care if they lose customers in Canada. And so, I suspect, they will.
Old 01-25-15, 08:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by HamIsh1028
Being able to have the seats automatically adjust to whichever driver is using the car is a big convenience. It's usually only offered on higher end vehicles. If it isn't supplied on Canadian delivery cars, along with all the other features not provided in this country (Enform, weather, traffic, etc.), it reflects very poorly on Lexus. It appears as if they make their cars for the US market and then, while charging considerably more in Canada, invest the bare minimum to conform to Canadian standards. It seems like they don't care whether Canadian buyers get the complete package because the Canadian market is so small that they don't care if they lose customers in Canada. And so, I suspect, they will.
Your opinion is respected though avoid emotionally-driven unsubstantiated conclusions that a company such as Lexus Canada "doesn't care" to explain why we lack some features. What can be said that echoes your point is Lexus Canada has missed an opportunity to make available these features that can potentially further add value to those buyers who seek them. Ultimately though it is in the buyer's control to decide whether the features (or lack thereof) lead to the purchase of the vehicle (or not). Keep in mind the 10-times-larger US market does not get get offered HUD, AVS, and all the safety features we get on the F Sport Series 2. Moving on, I hope you can enjoy your NX. Good luck!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 01-25-15 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-26-15, 10:55 AM
Leelyss
Driver School Candidate

My wife's key recognizes her and adjusts her seat position accordingly. The key when programming each remote: The remote you are NOT programming needs to be well out of the Near Field Zone of the NX.