NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Can I get a nx200t with the F-sport front grill/bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-15, 11:01 PM
kenji4861
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get a nx200t with the F-sport front grill/bumper?

Loving the way the NX F-sport looks like, but I heard the F-sport has a stiffer ride.

I'm looking for the standard comfortable drive.

Does the dealership offer an option for us to get the F-sport front grill/bumper without sacrificing the comfort?
Old 01-24-15, 04:31 AM
leej865
Driver

The F Sport is a package deal. With that said, there is a 'sport mode' for driving, vs regular mode. Perhaps you should test drive one first to see for yourself. In every review I have read or seen on youtube, the sport mode was hardly 'harsh'.
Old 01-24-15, 04:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Agree with leej865 on the test drive since we all have our own personal thresholds and tolerances as to what makes a good comfortable ride and what doesn't. But unlike the Canadian F Sports that can get equipped with AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension), there is no ride (suspension) comfort differences on all US models between "Eco-Normal-Sport".

The F Sport comes with slightly stiffer "F Sport" springs and shocks in addition to lateral performance dampers (which help stiffen the chassis, reduce body roll, and simultaneously smooth out the very minor road vibrations and imperfections).

In short, you must get the F Sport if you want the more aggressive front-end unless you want to perform your own (relatively expensive) "surgery" as a couple have done similarly with their RX.

What vehicle do you currently own to gauge what your ride comfort expectations are?
Old 01-24-15, 06:57 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kenji4861
Loving the way the NX F-sport looks like, but I heard the F-sport has a stiffer ride.

I'm looking for the standard comfortable drive.

Does the dealership offer an option for us to get the F-sport front grill/bumper without sacrificing the comfort?
Just call your dealership's parts dept. & ask to speak with the Parts Dept. Manager.
Old 01-24-15, 09:09 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm sure you could order the part yourself and install it but there would probably be negative effects on many of the fancy systems including clearance sensors, dynamic radar cruise, pre-collision system, the cornering fog lights on the F-Sport likely wouldn't work, etc. Given that, I doubt the dealer would install this for you even.
Old 01-25-15, 01:58 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 11-13-15, 04:58 PM
spooky98
Driver School Candidate

hello everyone, just got my nx200t non f sport today, I love it but just knowing the F sport has the nice spindle grill, it makes a big difference.
I was wondering if there were any updates on this?
Old 11-13-15, 08:35 PM
chuongzzz
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I'm still hesitating now , I will pick up mine 2016 fsport tomorrow because the front look much better than non fsport but it has no ventilated seat so ...I wish I can get the non fsport and replace Front bumper with fsport if it's cheaper but ... I don't think so . Any idea guy ?
Old 11-14-15, 02:22 AM
sotipay
Driver School Candidate

It is possible to swap the f-sport grill on to the non f-sport but only on the international version. When i bought my NX here in abu dhabi, i also ordered the fsport front grill parts ( 4 separate parts) and had it installed. The plate number holder would also need replacement, as the FSport's is different.
Old 11-14-15, 07:08 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

For N. American NX's, one "can" get the regular bumper swapped out for the F Sport via unconventional means like a repair shop or possibly even a Lexus body shop but it will be pricey, my guess easy in the 2-3K range. The entire bumper, grille, fog lights, etc not to mention any possible component or electrical updates with the parking sensors, radar, and fog lights. It's been done with some challenges and posted in the 3RX forum: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...mper-swap.html

For those who haven't pulled the trigger yet due to concerns about ride comfort, consider proceeding with the purchase and if you eventually find it harsh, it's easier on the wallet (and low risk to the car) to swap out the springs/struts and/or dampers to those on the regular NX.
Old 11-14-15, 09:45 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same dilemma when I was researching this car. I had to choose between a comfort ride and the look of the F sport.

In the end, I decided to go with the look of the F sport and deal with the stiffer ride.

After that, what I did to soften up the suspension, was to change the tires to a taller, softer tire. And it made a huge difference. The ride was noticeably more compliant and quieter.

At a cost of $350 [$600 - $250(sold off the oem tires)], it was a great investment. plus the tires are LRT's so I get a small bump in overall mpg. So the move will eventually pay for itself.

one last thing...for those that stuck with the same delimma, I just want to let you that the ride softens up quite a bit after the car is broken in. I noticed that after 8k miles or so the suspension felt noticeably compliant.
Old 11-14-15, 11:04 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I had the same dilemma when I was researching this car. I had to choose between a comfort ride and the look of the F sport.

In the end, I decided to go with the look of the F sport and deal with the stiffer ride.

After that, what I did to soften up the suspension, was to change the tires to a taller, softer tire. And it made a huge difference. The ride was noticeably more compliant and quieter.

At a cost of $350 [$600 - $250(sold off the oem tires)], it was a great investment. plus the tires are LRT's so I get a small bump in overall mpg. So the move will eventually pay for itself.

one last thing...for those that stuck with the same delimma, I just want to let you that the ride softens up quite a bit after the car is broken in. I noticed that after 8k miles or so the suspension felt noticeably compliant.
+1 Tires make a difference and for those folks getting the graphite wheels, they come with the stiffer Bridgestone 55-series summer rubber vs the machined wheels with (softer) 60-series Michelins.
Old 12-16-15, 06:29 AM
ishimoto
Driver School Candidate

Hi everybody, it is my first entry here.

I live in Vienna/Austria currently, and i was at the Lexus Dealer here and asked the same question.

I have a NX 300h Executive. and if it is possible to change the Grill to an F-Sport Grill.

The told me just yesterday for about 700 Euro (include work) the will do that.

So it should not a to bad and not to expensive change.

Also I have seen already in Japan that some didi that, and the size should just fit.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-21-15, 03:00 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

Originally Posted by ishimoto
Hi everybody, it is my first entry here.

I live in Vienna/Austria currently, and i was at the Lexus Dealer here and asked the same question.

I have a NX 300h Executive. and if it is possible to change the Grill to an F-Sport Grill.

The told me just yesterday for about 700 Euro (include work) the will do that.

So it should not a to bad and not to expensive change.

Also I have seen already in Japan that some didi that, and the size should just fit.

Hope that helps.
Thank you Mr. Ishimoto.

That does sound very cheap. That's like $760 USD.
Old 12-21-15, 03:40 AM
ishimoto
Driver School Candidate

I will do it in February, so i can upload a few images at that time.

Greeting

Quick Reply: Can I get a nx200t with the F-sport front grill/bumper?