NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote Start with FOB

Old 03-16-17, 03:06 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My local install guy is installing the bypass module next week that will allow permanant remote start with factory FOB without subscriptions. $290 installed.
Old 03-16-17, 07:12 PM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DP03
My local install guy is installing the bypass module next week that will allow permanant remote start with factory FOB without subscriptions. $290 installed.
What is this you are taking about? Care to share? I'd have an interest in this. Buying the subscription from lexus is ridiculous IMO. Too many other brands which aren't luxury offer it for free. Bad business model IMO!
Old 03-16-17, 08:25 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hadiguy05
What is this you are taking about? Care to share? I'd have an interest in this. Buying the subscription from lexus is ridiculous IMO. Too many other brands which aren't luxury offer it for free. Bad business model IMO!
I just asked the shop about remote start options, expecting a Viper or other solution requiring a separate FOB. He pulled the model up on his computer and said it's one he can program remote start using the stock FOB. Don't know much more than that, but he made it sound pretty routine. He told me it would take 3 presses on the lock button and that the car would shut off after opening the door (just like the Lexus operation). I'm not good with car electronics but it must just bypass the link required with the app.

I'll try to get some more info from him prior to install and I'll share it.....
Old 04-18-17, 08:28 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DP03
I just asked the shop about remote start options, expecting a Viper or other solution requiring a separate FOB. He pulled the model up on his computer and said it's one he can program remote start using the stock FOB. Don't know much more than that, but he made it sound pretty routine. He told me it would take 3 presses on the lock button and that the car would shut off after opening the door (just like the Lexus operation). I'm not good with car electronics but it must just bypass the link required with the app.

I'll try to get some more info from him prior to install and I'll share it.....
any update on your remote start?
Old 06-21-17, 09:00 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I am pretty disappointed that even car manufacturers are creating bogus web services so that they could charge monthly/yearly fees for something that your car is already capable of doing without the need to subscribe to anything. Car should be able to remote start with the fob alone, and the subscription should be an option if you want to start the car from a distance further than what the fob supports.
Old 06-21-17, 02:51 PM
Craigis350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Rip Off

Originally Posted by gompka
I am pretty disappointed that even car manufacturers are creating bogus web services so that they could charge monthly/yearly fees for something that your car is already capable of doing without the need to subscribe to anything. Car should be able to remote start with the fob alone, and the subscription should be an option if you want to start the car from a distance further than what the fob supports.
Hello,

I was lied to when I leased my loaded 2015 IS350 F-Sport (Lexus of Albuquerque) Told car had remote start, period. The next day when I activated it I was told I had a year until I needed to fork over another $350.00 to keep it! Lexus has chosen to make a profit center out of this and the Infotainment system. This is why there is no Apple or Google Car Play apps with Lexus - Never will be.

I am paying on a 55K MSRP sub compact with no remote start and no auto high beams. We have a Ford Fusion and lowly Escape that has a free auto start app, Apple car play and (imagine) auto dimming headlights. Also the tires are shot at 24K miles!

I cannot wait to get done with this lease. I will NOT be buying another Lexus.
Old 06-21-17, 02:55 PM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by Craigis350
Hello,

I was lied to when I leased my loaded 2015 IS350 F-Sport (Lexus of Albuquerque) Told car had remote start, period. The next day when I activated it I was told I had a year until I needed to fork over another $350.00 to keep it! Lexus has chosen to make a profit center out of this and the Infotainment system. This is why there is no Apple or Google Car Play apps with Lexus - Never will be.

I am paying on a 55K MSRP sub compact with no remote start and no auto high beams. We have a Ford Fusion and lowly Escape that has a free auto start app, Apple car play and (imagine) auto dimming headlights. Also the tires are shot at 24K miles!

I cannot wait to get done with this lease. I will NOT be buying another Lexus.
I agree with you about the remote start but the tires are the price you pay for high performance summer rubber. They are sticky, but as a result they are much softer and wear much sooner, that is not a lexus thing its any care with high performance summer tires.
Old 12-10-17, 07:35 AM
ponteley
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There should be a way to "cut/disable" cell reception on these Enform modules prior to expiration of subscription, so it would retain operational mode indefinitely.
I just hope it's not a "1 year countdown counter to kill", that's being started at activation time.

But even then, 3d party remote start module, that will emulate "Activated" Enform module to work with existing hardware.
Perhaps something like this: https://www.12volt.solutions/product...v2-1-smart-key

Last edited by ponteley; 12-10-17 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-11-17, 01:39 PM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by ponteley
There should be a way to "cut/disable" cell reception on these Enform modules prior to expiration of subscription, so it would retain operational mode indefinitely.
I just hope it's not a "1 year countdown counter to kill", that's being started at activation time.

But even then, 3d party remote start module, that will emulate "Activated" Enform module to work with existing hardware.
Perhaps something like this: https://www.12volt.solutions/product...v2-1-smart-key
Well if someone wanted to try this, if you get enform for a month, you can then disconnect the shark fin antenna by taking out the rear roof child seat anchor and accessing the shark fin plug. Once that is unplugged satellite radio and enform/sos no longer works.
Old 03-10-19, 07:36 AM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Has anyone on the forum tried the 12volt.solutions harness mentioned above? It's $250 - cheap! I have the basest of the base model without enform that I can see. Don't even have Pandora etc (not that I care). It seems to have good reviews on Amazon and is supposed to be a 5 minute hookup. I do dread having to take down the panels under the steering wheels as I have not seen any how-to's there.....
Old 03-15-19, 11:12 PM
jelco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

following. I am also interested in a remote start, but don't want to pay for the subscription.