NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 10:38 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
If I'm not mistaken, the Toyota hybrids are all FWD?

The configuration of the AWD hybrid system may be different.
My NX 300h is AWD and I believe most if not all Toyota hybrids come with that option.
Old 08-11-17, 10:22 PM
Caliman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any suggestions on best tires for stock replace?
Old 09-06-17, 07:27 PM
aribter
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got to experience how the rain sensing wipers work. Wow! The wipers automatically start when it senses rain, then speeds up accordingly as the rain fell down harder, then slowed down as the rain abated, till it stopped when it stopped raining.

Old 02-12-18, 04:25 AM
sarhento
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A disapponting discovery for me is that the 2018 F Sport 3 does not have the kick sensor to open the back door. I also found out that unlike my 2015 200t, it does not come with power rear seat adjustment. The F Sport 3 is the most expensive in the line up, you thiught it would have all the features that are found in less expensive models.
The following users liked this post:
rexleonis (04-22-19)
Old 04-25-18, 02:18 PM
victory18
Driver School Candidate

Default Bulll Reflection when headlamps are turned on!!

Old 04-28-18, 01:15 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Bad thing.
Stupid aluminum trim reflection on the windshield. Not that i didn't see it when test driving. Just didn't realize how annoying it is in long run. WHY? Designers didn't see it or something?
SLOOOOOWWWWWWW switching between any display or music modes. For crying out loud, people, in the era of electronics, does it really have to be that sluggish?

Nice and just discovered: when you start navigation and then switch to a different display, say - mpg - navigation continuous in the center small display. That's actually nice.
Old 04-28-18, 01:20 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I'm here to prove to you that my NX does use the ICE to reverse.

Engine warmed up, battery full, reverse gear and when accelerator pushed past ECO:

Put the car back to D:

I owned two Toyota hybrids. 07 Camry and 12 Highlander. On both, reverse is strictly electric. Yes, I did see the tach handle showing 1000 rpm. Just saying. Across the entire PSD - Power Split Device in HSD - Hybrid Synergy Drive by Toyota, reverse was electric only. I am not saying they didn not changed it for NX hybrids, just saying - car makers tend to not to develop odd solutions for small production models. It's too costly. So if it's same G'ol HSD - reverse is electric. So is AWD.
Old 04-29-18, 04:20 PM
iizbor3d
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I found the perfect location for holding my phone without any mounts. This fits my pixel 2 perfectly, doesn't slip and hides the charging cable no mount needed.
Old 11-16-18, 06:32 PM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's something I've just confirmed after 11 months, thinking I was losing it... My bass settings change when the car slows down. Not the volume, not the mids, or the treble, the bass ONLY. My bass increases as the speed increases. Freaking HATE it, because I HATE bass. Anyone know how to turn this crap feature off?
Old 11-17-18, 04:55 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

I think that's because you active audio turned on. DSL, DLS, something like that. it's designed, just like GM (has Toyota slept with GM or something? They are monkeying GM) cars. Sound is going louder when you accelerate. Go to Audio setting, there is 2nd tab with it.
Old 11-19-18, 03:31 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Here's something I've just confirmed after 11 months, thinking I was losing it... My bass settings change when the car slows down. Not the volume, not the mids, or the treble, the bass ONLY. My bass increases as the speed increases. Freaking HATE it, because I HATE bass. Anyone know how to turn this crap feature off?

Old 11-21-18, 08:39 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
Bad thing.
Stupid aluminum trim reflection on the windshield. Not that i didn't see it when test driving. Just didn't realize how annoying it is in long run. WHY? Designers didn't see it or something?
SLOOOOOWWWWWWW switching between any display or music modes. For crying out loud, people, in the era of electronics, does it really have to be that sluggish?

Nice and just discovered: when you start navigation and then switch to a different display, say - mpg - navigation continuous in the center small display. That's actually nice.
1st point, system needs a faster processor, remind me of my so slooow Ford Edge with the « Sync/My Touch » system in 2011when first version of software was use. It got better over updates, thank God ...
2nd point, I’m lucky enough to be in Canada and have the HUD option and can confirm that Nav directions are also in the HUD and it’s waaayyyy better than on the center display
Old 12-01-18, 09:38 PM
Grahaminat
Driver

Ha! I didn't know that was a "phone slot". I've been using it to store my sunglasses. (I wish the NX had the push down box above the mirror for storing sunglasses).
Old 01-30-19, 02:52 PM
VeeZee
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone remove the Qi Charger. I don't use nor do I like in the box. It only gets in the way.
Old 01-02-21, 10:09 AM
NX200t16
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pesttt
From what I understand, there needs to direct contact with no elevation in order to charge. At least that is how the desktop Qi chargers I've seen work....but don't take that as a hard answer unless someone tries it.
There are wireless Qi charging receiver cards that slide between your current case and your iPhone on amazon that I may try...they sell for 14$ so its not a big deal if its a bust.

Amazon.com: Firstway®Thin qi wireless charging receiver card for iPhone 6 Plus qi wireless charger card / Chip,adding any our favorite phone case to cover it.Qi wireless charger needs the qi pad + qi receiver(built-in or added-in) BOTH for MUST!-The qi pad NOT included here!: Cell Phones & Accessories
I know this tread is old, however, my NX doesn’t have wireless charging and I’m kinda glad it doesn’t being as I own an iPhone 12pro and previously came from an iPhone 10r, neither of the 2 phones would have fit in that spot so I took it upon my self to buy the tray that was in place of the Qi charger being as my didn’t come with tray (bought my NX used) long story short I added wireless charging to the NX myself, I’ve attached some pics, its not the prettiest but I just gotta smooth it out and may throw some paint it.
My iPhone 12 fits perfectly in that spo and I Han otter box symmetry case on it.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)