NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Test drove a 200t f-sport today

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-14, 05:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by tekbiss
I agree with you completely...test drove the 200T today (non F sport but with Luxury package) with the wife as well as drove the X3 and we were both split - I preferred the NX while the wife preferred the X3. Honestly, the X3 felt more "truck or SUV-like" than the NX which felt more like a car. Both had a firmer ride than our XC60 but the X3 had that "european" suspension feeling and rode similar to our Volvo while NX you could tell was more "japanese" tuned-sport inspired.

We compared both the looks and features and I must say that NX had better value for money than the X3 (not that the X3 was bad) but you just get more features on the NX than X3 for say the same price (options & package wise). Plus, I liked the edgier and more modern look and sportiness of NX than X3 which looked more elegant but bland/safe. Not to mention, the NX looked wicked with those 3-L led headlights & led fog lamps & high beam LEDs! I just think at the end of the day it'll boil down to which car has the best value for money plus the reliability-track record so might end up with the NX...I also told my wife that if the X3 felt very similar to our XC60 in terms of driving then why even switch to the X3?
I like the fact that you're 100% convinced on the NX and you're trying to get the wife away form the X3 and into the NX. But err on the side of caution and remember "happy wife, happy life"!
Old 12-23-14, 01:48 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
Yes NX is sporty enough for me and drives like a car. In terms of pure sportiness X3 probably has upper hand but I like the fresh look on NX. Also Lexus reliability played a key part in my decision. I had es350 loaner a few days ago while NX was getting chip protection and window tinted and I have to say it is a fine car but not sporty enough for me. And yes I went to south high.
I've never been the SUV type so the nx is fine with me...for everyday use I'd like it but in terms of power then no but I don't see myself buying it rather than a 2/3 year lease.. where do you live now? I went to pvphs right up the hill.

Originally Posted by tekbiss
I agree with you completely...test drove the 200T today (non F sport but with Luxury package) with the wife as well as drove the X3 and we were both split - I preferred the NX while the wife preferred the X3. Honestly, the X3 felt more "truck or SUV-like" than the NX which felt more like a car. Both had a firmer ride than our XC60 but the X3 had that "european" suspension feeling and rode similar to our Volvo while NX you could tell was more "japanese" tuned-sport inspired.

We compared both the looks and features and I must say that NX had better value for money than the X3 (not that the X3 was bad) but you just get more features on the NX than X3 for say the same price (options & package wise). Plus, I liked the edgier and more modern look and sportiness of NX than X3 which looked more elegant but bland/safe. Not to mention, the NX looked wicked with those 3-L led headlights & led fog lamps & high beam LEDs! I just think at the end of the day it'll boil down to which car has the best value for money plus the reliability-track record so might end up with the NX...I also told my wife that if the X3 felt very similar to our XC60 in terms of driving then why even switch to the X3?
What years you're xc60? And how do you like it?
Old 12-23-14, 03:49 AM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
I've never been the SUV type so the nx is fine with me...for everyday use I'd like it but in terms of power then no but I don't see myself buying it rather than a 2/3 year lease.. where do you live now? I went to pvphs right up the hill.

What years you're xc60? And how do you like it?
Ours is the 2010 3.0L T6 with 285hp AWD...it's actually a good vehicle and very safe however it's getting to that 5 yrs where it might be good to trade in and still get good value on it. Honestly I find it over powered and heavy on gas plus we are missing a few features that we would like to have like heated steering, built in Nav, keyless system, more fuel efficient vehicle, etc. We're not so much concerned on the power of the engine since we mostly do city driving and only a few cases of highway driving...not that gas prices matter now but for the size of vehicle a 4 cyl engine would suffice.

Few minor issues have been arising on our Volvo like they had to replace the passenger side mirror, driver's side mirror due to heating function wouldn't work, failure of power tailgate, front emblem fell out (recall campaign?), discoloration of one of the LED lights but all were covered under warranty and good thing we got extended waranty...luckily no major issues nor engine/powertrain problems. Like I said minor but the other main consideration why we're thinking of the NX is that the only local Volvo dealer in our area sucks and don't do justice to the brand. I heard good things so far from the only Lexus dealer here aside from the reliability of Lexus brand. We thought of the 4cyl turbo engines that Volvos are coming out with but while they're fuel efficient, they dont have AWD on them and we would ne dealing with the same people for servicing which sucks!
Old 12-24-14, 12:48 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Very true...

It will be tight with 2 kids but I'm a sedan type of guy but thought why not a change... its sporty and drives like a car...our issue with first finding a compact SUV with rest ac...mazda cx5 Acura rdx and a few more don't have it...I was also thinking of a used 2012 Lexus es350 but wanted something g fresh for now...I'd lease my car while my wife would most likely get the highlander now since I took her yesterday to check them out.... did you go to south high?
Doing the same thing right now. Ordered a Highlander Limited for the wife to replace a 15 yr old Windstar. My lease is up in April on the RX but will probably re-up now on an NX or RX. The RX is a better deal but would love to be the first one on the block with an NX.
Old 12-24-14, 09:19 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marqevans
Doing the same thing right now. Ordered a Highlander Limited for the wife to replace a 15 yr old Windstar. My lease is up in April on the RX but will probably re-up now on an NX or RX. The RX is a better deal but would love to be the first one on the block with an NX.
The new RX is coming for 2016 or 2017 and it'll have a 3rd row. For the money the RX is a better deal with. ore room but the nx is so sexy
Old 12-24-14, 11:42 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The new RX is coming for 2016 or 2017 and it'll have a 3rd row. For the money the RX is a better deal with. ore room but the nx is so sexy
I think you are referring to the TX which will have 3rd row for '16/17. All reports here say the 4th gen RX will remain 5 passenger and be out by late 2015.