NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-17, 01:07 PM
2016 RX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveInNY
went to buy, but ended up leasing instead, as the payments were cheaper monthly and we could just buy it out end of lease. Also really liked the RX, so after 3 years, we might end up getting an RX instead depending on how everything turns out. Totally new to leasing, but can you tell me how my deal went?

2017 NXFsport $48,608 MSRP, pretty optioned out.

$825 at signing, $549/month 36months, $28k buy out. And here's a pic.

Thats a great deal what dealership did you go to. Wife wants to get rid of her IS300 for the NX.
Old 07-23-17, 07:15 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Subscribed for information. Wife is interested in one of these, since I will be driving it too sometimes will go for the F-Sport , will make a nice garage mate to the Supra. Anyway don't plan to buy one for another 12 to 18 months.
Old 07-24-17, 06:24 AM
Lucas2497
Driver School Candidate

Picked up Aug 2016.
Leftover...
2016 NX Fsport AWD $47980MSRP
36 months $485 monthly $2000 down
Old 07-26-17, 05:54 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveInNY
went to buy, but ended up leasing instead, as the payments were cheaper monthly and we could just buy it out end of lease. Also really liked the RX, so after 3 years, we might end up getting an RX instead depending on how everything turns out. Totally new to leasing, but can you tell me how my deal went?

2017 NXFsport $48,608 MSRP, pretty optioned out.

$825 at signing, $549/month 36months, $28k buy out. And here's a pic.

I bought the (almost) EXACT same car….same MSRP ($48,608), but mine is Atomic Silver.

In April went to the Lexus dealer in Portland, Oregon (the only Lexus dealer within a two or three hour drive) looking to buy a used RX, but the new 2017 NX AWD F-Sport caught my eye.

After next to no negotiating I was told I could drive it away for $44,117. Wasn’t sure if that was a good price, but when the dealer offered $10,637 for my trade-in 2006 RX 400h that had a KBB value of $6,008, I wrote a check for $33,480 (plus license and fees…no sales tax) and drove the NX home.
Old 08-01-17, 10:37 AM
wheelson8
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,
So after sitting in luxury and premium package, the leather seems to be pretty soft for both so I've decided that NX with premium package is sufficient. What do you guys think about this offer. 2017 NX 200T AWD with premium package with MSRP of $44,887 for a selling price of $39,950 or roughly 11% discount?
Thanks in advance
Old 08-01-17, 11:13 AM
wheelson8
Driver School Candidate

just to be clear, the sell price of $39,950 is without any incentives or rebates as none are applicable to me
thanks again
Old 08-01-17, 12:32 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelson8
Hi all,
So after sitting in luxury and premium package, the leather seems to be pretty soft for both so I've decided that NX with premium package is sufficient. What do you guys think about this offer. 2017 NX 200T AWD with premium package with MSRP of $44,887 for a selling price of $39,950 or roughly 11% discount?
Thanks in advance
just to be clear, the sell price of $39,950 is without any incentives or rebates as none are applicable to me
thanks again
I'm a bit confused because there is currently a $1500 manufacturers rebate for cash purchases, and I believe that the rebate applies nationwide. Also note that that current $1500 rebate expires today, and I expect that, for August, there will be a rebate that could well be higher as we are now well into the time when dealers want to rid themselves of 2017 inventory.

Also, note that the Premium package seating is not leather. Instead, it is NuLuxe. The NuLuxe is actually somewhat softer than standard Lexus leather (but not as soft as semi aniline leather available on other Lexus Models), but the leather does have other advantages over the NuLuxe.
Old 08-01-17, 12:58 PM
wheelson8
Driver School Candidate

What I meant to say is that I will be taking advantage of the 1.9% Lexus Financial is offering and as a result the $1,500 rebate will not be applicable to me.
Agreed that the rebates/incentives will be higher than August. I guess what I'm asking is for the 11% discount I'm being offered, how likely is it the dealership will go even lower since we are in August now?

Correct that the premium isn't leather. I was speaking to more of the comfort level between the two are negligible. As far as the NuLuxe being softer, is that a disadvantage or advantage regarding durability and comfort? What advantages does leather have over NuLuxe?

Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the help I'm getting here
Old 08-01-17, 12:58 PM
coving29
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone,
New to the community. I've learned a ton from lurking the past few months on a few minor issues we've had with my wife's NX200t FSport.
Thought I'd share how we got ours. We wanted to get the FSport in Obsidian exterior with the Black interior. We shopped around for a month before we purchased.
We were lucky as a local dealership had informed us the day before that they had one in the black/black coming in.
I waited at the dealership for the car to show up and negotiated what I think was a great deal.
I think it really benefited us that we bought the car on the last day of September (last day of the month and the last day of the 3rd quarter).
MSRP: $48,608
Paid: $41,800 (before tax)
We've had the car 10 months (17k miles) and absolutely love it. Plan to drive it into the ground.
Attached Thumbnails NX price paid/ Lease-cf1b1987-9360-4888-87e8-2aa967e6972f.jpg  
Old 08-01-17, 08:01 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Correct that the premium isn't leather. I was speaking to more of the comfort level between the two are negligible. As far as the NuLuxe being softer, is that a disadvantage or advantage regarding durability and comfort? What advantages does leather have over NuLuxe?
We have the premium package on both our ES and NX. We have had the standard leather on previous Lexus models. So far, the NuLuxe has proven to have all the advantages of leather, including a similar feel, but it doesn't develop cracks along the stretch marks in the animal hide the way our previous leather seats did. The 2013 with leather wasn't terrible in terms of seat wear (although we sold it at just over three years), but the lines were definitely visible. After 2.5 years with the ES and NuLuxe, there isn't so much as a hint of stretch marks. The only thing I see that is a drawback after owning both is the smell. I like the leather smell, but I can live without the extra cost. So my wife and I are very happy with the NuLuxe seats and don't feel it is that much of a compromise. A number of passengers that have ridden in the car have complimented the leather anyway and they are surprised when we tell them they aren't leather.
The following users liked this post:
wheelson8 (08-02-17)
Old 08-01-17, 08:50 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi all,
Thanks in advance
You've decided the premium package is "sufficient." Maybe buying a car is not as crucial as picking the right spouse, but can you imagine how many more unhappy marriages there could be if we all settled for "sufficient?"

Buy a car that excites you, but if "sufficient" is good enough, buy it! The price you were quoted should be enough to excite you for a little while at least.....but maybe you can get an exciting price on an exciting car if you push a little.....that's what I did.
Old 08-02-17, 06:00 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

I see that Lexus has announced its rebates for August, and they appear, for most models, to be at the same levels as they were for July. The rebate for the NX continues at $1500.

I've been monitoring the inventories of a few Lexus dealers, and I've noticed that those inventories have gotten much smaller through the month of July. Considering that the shipment to dealers of additional 2017 vehicles seems to be done, that means that the selection of vehicles, colors, packages, and options will soon be getting much smaller.

As inventories are pared down, not only does that mean fewer choices of vehicles for buyers, but, also, dealers will feel, with remaining inventories at manageable levels, less need to give deep discounts. So, even if rebates get a bit better in September, August might still be the best time, considering both selection and pricing, to buy for those who are interested in a 2017 NX or other Lexus model.
The following users liked this post:
wheelson8 (08-02-17)
Old 08-02-17, 06:29 AM
wheelson8
Driver School Candidate

Ward - Thanks for the valuable input regarding the wear and tear of the NuLuxe. Honestly love the car but the one thing I was a little hesitant on was the quality/comfort of NuLuxe but now I'm more at ease.

Lesz - Definitely something I didn't consider regarding the inventory so will try and lock that NX up soon.
Old 08-02-17, 06:47 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Ward - Thanks for the valuable input regarding the wear and tear of the NuLuxe. Honestly love the car but the one thing I was a little hesitant on was the quality/comfort of NuLuxe but now I'm more at ease.

Lesz - Definitely something I didn't consider regarding the inventory so will try and lock that NX up soon.
At one of the Lexus dealers whose inventory I've been monitoring, in early of July, they had about 30 NXs in their inventory. As of this morning, they have only 2 left in their inventory. With that few NXs left, my guess is that they will not be inclined to be giving deep discounts off of MSRP to try to move them.
Old 08-03-17, 02:35 PM
baldi41
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this good lease for 2017 lexus NX200T fwd basic package no nav

349/month with tax
3100 down
.00080 MF
36 mos

could get tire and wheel protection and excess wear and tear for 389/month included in lease
2 year mx (oil change, tire rotation)
thoughts? suggestions? tips?
trading in lexus is250 2009 110,000 appraised for 6900

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease