NX price paid/ Lease - Page 68 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

NX price paid/ Lease

Old 01-29-19, 02:47 PM
claarn
Driver School Candidate

would definitely need msrp at the least for the one your talking about and could evaluate with just that. but to really get a good idea if it's a good deal, would need all of the above mentioned figures

one notable is that you NEVER want to put money down on a lease. EVER! I wouldn't even like to roll in my equity from a trade to be honest... see my post above from a few days ago for explanation...
Old 01-29-19, 02:52 PM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Offer

Would a deal with 15k miles for 39 months on the base f sport for $415 a month be a good deal in your opinion with no money down except tag and first month?

msrp 40,250
residual 54%
Im putting down 7 MSDís
Old 01-29-19, 03:45 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by ryanb32 View Post
Thanks a lot for the explanation. It definitely makes more sense now. I think 39 month lease makes more sense since I wonít have to worry about tires or brakes hopefully.

Would a deal with 15k miles for 39 months on the base f sport for $415 a month be a good deal in your opinion with no money down except tag and first month?
I still don't understand why you don't want to do 36 months. With 39 months you may have to pay for an extra year of registration plus other maintenance items.
Old 01-29-19, 04:09 PM
claarn
Driver School Candidate

It doesn't sound like a terrible deal but I wouldn't feel like jumping out of shoes to go get it. To cezar9 's point, the only reason that they are going to push you to a 39 month lease is because it's going to lower the payment which isn't a terrible idea but they are still running off of the 36month residual calculation...
you need to clarify with them on the mileage usage details. I estimate your deal to have a net cap cost ( or termed 'lease price' ) to be in the 35-36k range...
Right down to it, I think you can find a better deal...
Old 01-29-19, 04:29 PM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Offer

I got them down to 399 a month with 15k 39 months. Same info as above with zero down and 7 msd. Is this is a deal that I should take and run?
Old 01-29-19, 06:39 PM
claarn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ryanb32 View Post
I got them down to 399 a month with 15k 39 months. Same info as above with zero down and 7 msd. Is this is a deal that I should take and run?
They are moving in the right direction. Try to get them down in the 380 range. I think itís feasible and a pretty good deal based off of whatís provided but you do what feels comfortable to you.
One thing I would dig into is the total allotted mileage for the total 39 month term. Is it 45k miles, 60k miles or a prorated for 3mths after 36 totaling 48,750? If itís more than you need, adjust down to save more $$ BUT donít undercut yourself on miles over say 20$ / month because it could turn costly at lease return.
Old 01-31-19, 11:29 AM
my250sfp
Rookie

Originally Posted by claarn View Post
my250sfp check out nalley lexus. they are corporately owned by asbury automotive meaning you could get a hell'ish of a deal like we did... you need to target a 12%+ discount off msrp. their trade values are very respectable if you can negotiate as always, get a preliminary quote from carmax to set fair market value if you're trading anything
claarn I will have a trade in..my 2011 Lexus IS250 F Sport. It has low mileage and in good condition. You mentioned my post earlier was a good deal as long as no trade in was involved. Since I do, you think it's not? I figure as long as they give me kbb value then it's good or should I ask for more? I don't plan on dropping the trade in info on them until we agree on a final price. Feel free to PM me if that's easier.
Old 01-31-19, 11:53 AM
claarn
Driver School Candidate

KBB is just OK but I don't use it make a deal based off of what it generates. Run it to CarMax to get a fair market value and use that as your trade offer. If the Lexus dealer comes within say 5% or so of CarMax's offer then I would definitely take it because it will save you on sales tax on the new deal (assuming you have equity in the trade of course).
Old 01-31-19, 11:56 AM
my250sfp
Rookie

Originally Posted by claarn View Post
KBB is just OK but I don't use it make a deal based off of what it generates. Run it to CarMax to get a fair market value and use that as your trade offer. If the Lexus dealer comes within say 5% or so of CarMax's offer then I would definitely take it because it will save you on sales tax on the new deal (assuming you have equity in the trade of course).
I do, it's completely paid off. I'm the original owner. Bought it brand new. Lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: