NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-19, 03:55 PM
claarn
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes agree with cezar... I can NEVER EVER justify the down payment on a lease for one reason and one reason only... If you drive it off the lot and total it, boom, you're out your down payment ! Plain and simple ...
Old 01-23-19, 05:21 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rino924
Working with the dealer now on getting a 2019 NX. Wife has leased 2 CT200h's and her lease is due in a couple months but we qualify for early turn in.

Really want a low $400-430 payment with a sign and drive. Looks like some people secured this on here.

Deal the dealer is telling me is $399 before taxes and fees (typically $25-35 extra), 35/10k, $3999 down with an MSRP of $42,433. Residual is .52 and waiting on the MF.
I second what others have said. For $3k down and $399 a month, I leased RX350. No reason for you to have the same lease payment for a cheaper car.
Old 01-23-19, 01:04 PM
rino924
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Still waiting to see what they can do. Wife doesn't need anything loaded up as far as options. Her current CT is the atomic silver F sport special package. We don't need to do anything like that again. Plus if we travel I have a GX.

I found a deal they would match for $409 w/ zero down but the MSRP is based on just under $39k which is front wheel drive. Again, to us doesn't matter though.

All wife cares about is caviar on glazed caramel :P
Old 01-27-19, 06:51 PM
GreyGooseNX
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone in the Atlanta area bought one recently? Would love to know what people are actually getting vs what I have been told via email. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-19, 06:36 PM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Is this a good deal on the NX F sport base

Im in FL and was quoted today $404/month for 45 months with 7 MSD's and 12,000 miles. Zero down + $250 tag fee + 1st month

Is this a good deal? It's for a base f sport model with msrp 40,250. What is the sweet spot monthly price for a lease with same miles and MSDs?

This is my first time leasing so I'm not too sure on how to negotiate a lease price.
Old 01-28-19, 06:49 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanb32
Im in FL and was quoted today $404/month for 45 months with 7 MSD's and 12,000 miles. Zero down + $250 tag fee + 1st month

Is this a good deal? It's for a base f sport model with msrp 40,250. What is the sweet spot monthly price for a lease with same miles and MSDs?

This is my first time leasing so I'm not too sure on how to negotiate a lease price.
You need to ask for the details:
Money factor before and after MSDs.
Dealer discount.
Incentives.
Seems like it should be a lower payment at that MSRP. I believe there are some decent lease incentives. You sure you want to lease for 45 months?
Old 01-28-19, 07:00 PM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

What does all that mean like money factor, dealer discount, and incentives? This is my first time leasing so I feel like an idiot with this stuff.

I really want $375/month for 45 months 12k miles a year and same only tag fee and first month down
Old 01-28-19, 07:23 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanb32
What does all that mean like money factor, dealer discount, and incentives? This is my first time leasing so I feel like an idiot with this stuff.

I really want $375/month for 45 months 12k miles a year and same only tag fee and first month down
if you are starting with the monthly payment you are doing it backwards. You should focus on MSRP and discount assuming base MF. After you negotiate the price tell the dealer that you want to put XX MSDs. From my experience some GMs freak out when they see a monthly payment that appears too low. Why do you want to do 45 months? Are you going to buy it after the lease ends? If not you may want to consider 36 months. With 45 months you may have to pay extra for maintenance items such as brakes, tires etc.
Old 01-29-19, 08:22 AM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Offers

So I have two offers:
7 MSD’s, tag and first payment down, 12k miles, 45 months in both offers
  1. $404 including tax a month but also free maintenance (everything except actual tires and brakes)
  2. $379 including tax but no free maintenance
Which deal would you take?
Old 01-29-19, 09:02 AM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I wouldn’t lease for 45 months.

What’s your total out of pocket cost after 45 months for each deal and what residual value are they giving you?

Really need to know what the money factor is, the dealer discount off MSRP and the lease incentive.

Without those details we can’t tell you if it’s good or not.
Old 01-29-19, 09:16 AM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Offer

the total cost of the lease over 45 months is 18,400. Why is residual value and money factor and discount important if I’m leasing and only care about my monthly payments? I’ve never leased before so I don’t understand any of this stuff.
Old 01-29-19, 09:36 AM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default offer

I got some data from the dealer.
Msrp 40,200
Selling price 33,478
Residual value 50%
Money factor .0006

This is for a 45 month lease. 379 a month including tax. Tag and first month down. Is this a good deal?
Old 01-29-19, 01:32 PM
claarn
Driver

To hopefully ease your confusion...
With a lease you are basically renting a vehicle for the depreciated value + interest + fees over the course of a desired term & mileage. You NEVER want to lease a vehicle longer than the manufacturer basic warranty and / or extended period such as 45 months as you're looking at because you are going to start to burn through tires and brakes. So my suggestion you should look to a 3yr lease because the last thing you want to do is get to the end of the lease and they bill you for new tires on a car you don't own... again, my suggestion

So you ask why these are important...
MSRP = will indicate vehicle spec and baseline for discounts etc
Salesprice = just that, a sales price which includes dealer and manufacturer discounts.
Residual value = estimated value of vehicle / asset at the end of a given term based on mileage. Think of this as a matrix diagram. Top left is the cheapest because it is the lowest term, lowest mileage allowance and highest residual (least depreciated). Then there is the bottom right which is the longest term, longest mileage and lowest residual (most depreciated). Importance is that you want a higher residual value to keep your payments lower and then the flip to that is the lower the residual, the higher the payments. Cannot be negotiated as it is set by manufacturer / finance company.
Money factor = multiply money factor by 2400 to show as an APR. Can be negotiated but more likely they will just be shifting money to appease you, so watch out.

The deal sounds good but with a 45 month lease, your total 45 month expense / out of pocket (total cost of ownership) may be high especially at lease turn in due to wear etc vs a flat out purchase. Leasing is best for people who like to flip into something new every few years, for keeping expenses lower than finance (afford the payment and not the asset) or to get out from under their upside-down trade-in. Everyone is different... I always like to purchase vehicles (lexus, toyota etc) that are known to have excellent reliability , warranty and resale value (high residual). I will lease vehicles that have reliability issues , shorter warranty periods and lower resale values which generally translates into a low residual but at least I won't be stuck with a piece of junk.

In your case, do as you wish but make sure you look at ALL of your options. Market is flattening with the rise in rates and dealer inventory days of supply are growing so you might just hang tight, keep in contact with the dealer and wait them out closer to Toyota / Lexus's fiscal year-end March 31...
Old 01-29-19, 01:36 PM
ryanb32
Driver School Candidate

Default Offer

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It definitely makes more sense now. I think 39 month lease makes more sense since I won’t have to worry about tires or brakes hopefully.

Would a deal with 15k miles for 39 months on the base f sport for $415 a month be a good deal in your opinion with no money down except tag and first month?
Old 01-29-19, 01:43 PM
claarn
Driver

@my250sfp check out nalley lexus. they are corporately owned by asbury automotive meaning you could get a hell'ish of a deal like we did... you need to target a 12%+ discount off msrp. their trade values are very respectable if you can negotiate as always, get a preliminary quote from carmax to set fair market value if you're trading anything

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease