NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Old 10-22-16, 06:42 PM
Vinny87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overdog
New Lexus owner here. Bought a 2016 F-Sport. My dealer was just starting to get 2017s in stock.
  • F SPORT PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR W/COMPASS
  • HEATED PERFORATED LEATHER TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL
  • F SPORT PACKAGE W/SUMMER TIRES
  • INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
  • POWER BACK DOOR
  • ACCESSORY PACKAGE 2
  • ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY
MSRP $42,259. Paid $36,750 + TTL (includes $2,000 customer cash through the end of October).
That's a great deal, I'm in Tx too and shopping around. Can you please PM me the details of your dealer and contact ..TIA
Old 10-23-16, 04:18 PM
miky702
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overdog did you get the deal in houston? If you did, can you pm me about the deal? Thanks.
Old 10-24-16, 10:05 AM
notready
Driver School Candidate

I'd love to know name of TX dealer too please, thanks!
​​​​​​​
Old 10-26-16, 10:20 PM
chinesinho
Driver School Candidate

Trying to get an opinion on whether or not this is a good deal...

2016 NX 200t F Sport
MSRP $46K
Pretty much fully loaded sans the following: Rain-sensing wipers, body-side moldings, clear protective film (to prevent rock chips, but not flying chairs)

$42K OTD with lifetime warranty. When asked what kind of lifetime warranty, here's the response:

"Engine, Tranmission, Drive and power parts, so pretty much everything except the electronics and obviously no body damage (that's why we pay insurance companies so much). It's a fantastic warranty and you don't have to bring it here for service either"

Here's the thing though...this offer came from a (out-of-state) dealership that's ~110 mi. away. There's another (local) dealership (~25 mi. away) which quoted $43K OTD (which we vaguely recall them saying casually that they would consider $42K OTD, it's just we haven't really made an effort to negotiate with them yet). Both cars are similar in what they have, except for the body-side moldings (which the local one has). Now I know we can always add that after the fact (which would roughly cost $200?), but as of right now, we're just wondering if the out-of-state offer is worth the trouble/is a better deal.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-27-16, 07:49 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Dollars to donuts the local dealer would no honor the out of state dealers lifetime warranty. BTW I've never had a dealer offer me a lifetime warranty.
Old 10-27-16, 11:14 AM
chinesinho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MKenM
Dollars to donuts the local dealer would no honor the out of state dealers lifetime warranty. BTW I've never had a dealer offer me a lifetime warranty.
I wasn't gonna try to get the local dealer to match the out-of-state dealer's offer, it's just that we haven't made an effort to negotiate with the local dealer yet. Budget-wise, we're trying to get it down to $40K OTD with the out-of-state dealer; however, if they bring it down to $41K OTD, is it worth saving that $1K to go through all the trouble getting it from out-of-state VS starting negotiations with the local dealer and try to get it down to $42K OTD with them?
Old 11-07-16, 11:03 AM
socalcpa
Driver School Candidate

Leased 17 NX200t this weekend in Southern CA. MSRP $40,700, 36/15, $1000 drive off + 9 deposits, $400/mo (includes 9% sales tax).
Old 11-09-16, 08:03 AM
jennyshop
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by Vinny87
That's a great deal, I'm in Tx too and shopping around. Can you please PM me the details of your dealer and contact ..TIA
Hi,
My poor Lexus IS 250 was in an accident and I think the insurance company will total it. Can someone send me a good contact in the Texas area (Austin, Houston or San Antonio) that can give me a deal

Thanks.
Old 11-12-16, 07:10 AM
Klinker10z
Driver School Candidate

I live in NYC and bought a new 2016 Lexus NX 200t. I did a lot of research on this car and TrueCar.com estimated it to be around $40,000 (I don't trust truecar.com anymore), local dealer try to sell me for 39,000 even with October $2000 national rebate (hate that dealer). However I got an offer for $36,760 from a dealer in Connecticut, it was a Edmund e price (highly recommend it, dealer will try to compete for lower price and you can choose the best one). I was really happy and drove 50 miles to that dealer, saved tons of time in negotiation and put down $500 deposit after a test drive. I want to trade in my car to save on tax however before I did that I went to Kelly blue book.com to estimate my old car and I used the instant cash offer option. I went to a Subaru dealer partnered with Kelly blue book and they estimated my car to be 7600, I can sale them my car anytime within 3 days (they don't check the car in details, spent 5 min just on some paint scratch and interior condition). Next day I went to Lexus dealer and he only offered me $4500 for trade in (what a rip off). so I said no trade in and sold my car to Kelly blue book. Another way dealer will make money of you besides car price and lower trade in value is finance APR, the finance manager want to use my bank's APR which is almost 3% for 5 years, bank must have some rebates for dealers if more customers are using this bank. I refused and told them I will like to use Lexus's 0.9% APR finance however $2000 national rebate will become $1000, and so my final car price was $37,670. At last finance manager try to sell me all these things like extended warranty, tire insurance...etc, I refused all of them because you REALLY, REALLY don't need it, Lexus is a far more reliable car compare to other brands and parts can last a long time before change. I escaped all the traps that dealer can make money out of me, so I guess they are really mad and won't return any of my phone calls or emails after I bought the car. But I don't care, I will service my car from a local dealer. I studied ton's car buying tip on internet before and will tell you knowledge is power, and can really save thousands of dollar from your hard earnings. Hope my experience helps.

Here is a list of my car option
  • NAVIGATION PACKAGE
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • HEATED PERFORATED LEATHER TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL
  • INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
  • POWER BACK DOOR
  • ACCESSORY PACKAGE 1
  • ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY
  • POWER BACK DOOR
Old 11-13-16, 11:49 PM
Red Square
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your getting more than 15% off MSRP in Oct to Sept, you're doing good.
Old 11-16-16, 05:12 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by socalcpa
Leased 17 NX200t this weekend in Southern CA. MSRP $40,700, 36/15, $1000 drive off + 9 deposits, $400/mo (includes 9% sales tax).
This looks like a good deal. I think that I am going to shoot for a similar deal. I have several questions. Are you getting 15K miles per year? Is your pre-tax payment around $360? How much money do you have to commit to the 9 deposits and how much would your payment be without the deposits?
Old 11-17-16, 10:52 AM
socalcpa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cezar9
This looks like a good deal. I think that I am going to shoot for a similar deal. I have several questions. Are you getting 15K miles per year? Is your pre-tax payment around $360? How much money do you have to commit to the 9 deposits and how much would your payment be without the deposits?
Yes, 15K miles per year.
$366.xx per month before 9% sales tax
9 deposits x $400 = $3,600
Not sure what it would be without the deposits, i basically told the dealer that I wanted $1000 drive off and $400 / mo with 9 deposits and the dealer accepted the deal. I think you can back into it if you add back 9 x 0.00008 = 0.00072 to the money factor. Edmunds forum should have the current MF and residual.
Old 11-18-16, 09:24 AM
newskater
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Just purchased a new 2016 NX from local dealer, that I have purchased from before. With the good trade in allowance, discount off msrp, sales tax advantage, and ease of transaction, made it worthwhile to me. I'm sure others may have paid less, but the convenience was worth it to me! Best!
Old 11-18-16, 10:34 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by socalcpa
Yes, 15K miles per year.
$366.xx per month before 9% sales tax
9 deposits x $400 = $3,600
Not sure what it would be without the deposits, i basically told the dealer that I wanted $1000 drive off and $400 / mo with 9 deposits and the dealer accepted the deal. I think you can back into it if you add back 9 x 0.00008 = 0.00072 to the money factor. Edmunds forum should have the current MF and residual.
Thanks for the info!
Old 11-28-16, 04:04 PM
NXJim
Driver School Candidate

Purchased a L/Certified 2015 NX AWD with 16k miles for $31900. Options include Premium Package, Navigation, Blind Spot Monitor, Parking Assist, Power Rear Door.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease