NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Popped into Lexus of Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 09:34 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Popped into Lexus of Sacramento

Popped into Lexus of Sacramento and asked if they had any NX on display. The salesman said they "got six in, and sold four".The h and the t was on the lot. The h was black on black with nav and other options that brought the sticker up to 49K. The t was atomic gray (I think) with black interior, base model, 39K MSRP.
I just sat in them for the first time. The seat was unbelievably comfortable. No test drive.
I agree with the people that said photographs of the car do not do it justice. The car sells itself, but it's not in the budget for us right now.
Visibility through the rear window not so good, but salesman said the side mirrors have blind spot monitoring.
In conclusion, first impressions were very good. I was grateful for the opportunity to get up close and personal with the NX.
Ray A.

Last edited by raylor4; 12-02-14 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-02-14, 01:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Good to hear the positive in-person impressions. More importantly though, where are the mandatory pics, Ray?
Old 12-02-14, 03:32 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
Visibility through the rear window not so good, but salesman said the side mirrors have blind spot monitoring.
Ray A.
Come to think of it I did not pay much attention to rear visibility during test drive. But I did test the blind spot monitor. It is designed to work when car is travelling above 10mph. It worked great.
Old 12-02-14, 06:22 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Good to hear the positive in-person impressions. More importantly though, where are the mandatory pics, Ray?
I'm so sorry I didn't have my camera with me. The Lexus stop on the way home wasn't planned, however, I got an email from Peter at Lexus of Roseville inviting me to have a look at a newly arrived NX. There was a beautiful t parked right out front. AWD, no NAV, memory seats. MSRP 38,750. Sorry, no sticker picture. The tint made the sicker difficult to see. However, the salesperson, Peter, showed me something I've not seen on this forum. At the tail light, the space between the inside and outside lens has a little light in the hatch jamb to fill in the space. A nice Lexus touch to be sure.
Here are the pics taken today.

Note the little red light about dead center. It's on the hatch jamb to fill in the space between the lenses.

Three light arrangement in the tail light. Directional blinker?

The door handles are a thing of beauty.

Yours truly wishing this car was in the budget. Thrilled to see it. Front seats very comfortable.

This is the best I can do for now.
Ray A.

Last edited by raylor4; 12-02-14 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-02-14, 07:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Good shots Ray, especially the last one.

The rear light was smartly designed to ensure one continuously lit light at night. One thing I did learn was the blinker is made of what appears to be three small orange LED bulbs - another mystery solved as some of use wondered about that. Rear reverse lights appear to be incandescent though hard to say.
Old 12-03-14, 04:42 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The rear light was smartly designed to ensure one continuously lit light at night. One thing I did learn was the blinker is made of what appears to be three small orange LED bulbs - another mystery solved as some of use wondered about that. Rear reverse lights appear to be incandescent though hard to say.

For sure, the rear reverse lights on NX are incandescent. Someone on Minkara Carview has already changed it to LED.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...6647/note.aspx

I have this LED as reverse light on my RX as well and it illuminates the rear pretty well.
Old 12-03-14, 07:36 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Popped into Lexus of Sacramento and asked if they had any NX on display. The salesman said they "got six in, and sold four".The h and the t was on the lot. The h was black on black with nav and other options that brought the sticker up to 49K. Ray A.
Ray,
This is the first I have heard of ANY Hybrid's being delivered to a dealer. As you CERTAIN it was a Hybrid? If so, can you get a picture of the sticker? Those of us waiting on Hybrids have been told that they will all come as a SINGLE configuration with ZERO options. That configuration was supposed to have been in the $47K range (including destination charges) so the figure you posted looks to be about $2K higher than it shoudl be. As a potential buyer, I would like to know if that dealer "padded" the profit on that one.
Old 12-03-14, 07:44 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nx h

Originally Posted by bunka
Ray,
This is the first I have heard of ANY Hybrid's being delivered to a dealer. As you CERTAIN it was a Hybrid? If so, can you get a picture of the sticker? Those of us waiting on Hybrids have been told that they will all come as a SINGLE configuration with ZERO options. That configuration was supposed to have been in the $47K range (including destination charges) so the figure you posted looks to be about $2K higher than it shoudl be. As a potential buyer, I would like to know if that dealer "padded" the profit on that one.
I drove an NXh last week in Honolulu. they are bringing in 3 versions . $42,000 $49,800 and $52,300

Your region is probably different
Old 12-03-14, 07:58 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
I drove an NXh last week in Honolulu. they are bringing in 3 versions . $42,000 $49,800 and $52,300

Your region is probably different
Thanks for the info on the 3 varients! I am hopeful that there may be surcharges for bringing them to the island that may have the fees a bit more than they might be here on the continent.
Old 12-03-14, 08:38 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Originally Posted by bunka
Ray,
bunka - Yes, I'm certain it was a hybrid. The first thing I noticed was the blue color within the logo badge on the front. Seemed odd to have a black hybrid. I would have to go considerably out of my way to photograph that particular car, but if I'm in the neighborhood, I'll do it for you. Lexus of Roseville, different dealer, had a hybrid tucked away in the prep area, but I did not check it out. I'll see if I can photograph that sticker for you. The price I mentioned at Lexus of Sacramento is the factory sticker price, including destination charges, $895 I think. No dealer surcharge. As I recall the bottom line was $49,800, same as GrdnRxR mentioned. Personally, it seemed overpriced to me.
Ray A.
Old 12-03-14, 10:19 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

bunka - Yes, I'm certain it was a hybrid. The first thing I noticed was the blue color within the logo badge on the front. Seemed odd to have a black hybrid. I would have to go considerably out of my way to photograph that particular car, but if I'm in the neighborhood, I'll do it for you. Lexus of Roseville, different dealer, had a hybrid tucked away in the prep area, but I did not check it out. I'll see if I can photograph that sticker for you. The price I mentioned at Lexus of Sacramento is the factory sticker price, including destination charges, $895 I think. No dealer surcharge. As I recall the bottom line was $49,800, same as GrdnRxR mentioned. Personally, it seemed overpriced to me.
Ray A.
Ray - No need to go out of your way. It does sound like the Hybrids are now starting to be delivered so I've reached out to my local sales rep to see if he has any information on what is now (apparently) available or available to be ordered. $50K is about $5K more than what we had calculated from the pre-release pricing but if that price includes the "pre-collision system & full speed cruise control" (Equivalent of Mercedes "Distronic") and LED headlights then perhaps the price could be warranted.

Last edited by bunka; 12-03-14 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-03-14, 10:33 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Ray. Might just swing by there tomorrow.
Old 12-03-14, 10:37 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Love that dealership... Modesto is closer to my office and I gladly drive in the other direction to Sacramento.
Old 12-04-14, 07:19 PM
lilfool
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

those 3 small LEDs are actually the brake lights... under the "strip lights" you will see the turn signal bulb which isnt LED. I discovered this in a number of videos and u can tell from the picture as well although the 3 small LED bulbs show in the photo due look orange, they are not lol
Old 12-05-14, 02:17 PM
raylor4
Instructor

bunka - Here are the pictures of the sticker you requested. I was unexpectedly on my way past the dealer, so here you are.
Of the six that came in, I believe this is the last one.
Ray A.

Last edited by raylor4; 12-05-14 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Popped into Lexus of Sacramento