NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Which color would you PURCHASE on the NX?
Atomic Silver
22.31%
Eminent White
24.70%
Obsidian
8.76%
Matador Red Mica
7.17%
Ultrasonic Blue Mica
9.16%
Fire Agate Pearl
2.39%
Meteor Blue Mica
3.59%
Nebula Gray Pearl
16.33%
Silver Lining Metallic
5.58%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?

Old 07-12-14, 09:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?

Which color would you purchase on the NX?

Maybe you will factor in:
- another vehicle color you currently own or color popularity in your neighborhood
- upkeep
- environmentals (weather, dusty area, 4-seasons, etc)

Atomic Silver:

Eminent White:

Obsidian:

Matador Red Mica:

Ultrasonic Blue Mica:

Fire Agate Pearl:

Meteor Blue Mica:

Nebula Gray Pearl:

Silver Lining Metallic:

NG, EW, USB:

Obsidian, AS, EW, MRM:

USB, EW, SLM, AS:

AS, Obsidian:

NGP, EW, AS, Obsidian:

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-13-14 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-12-14, 11:48 AM
MiFu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard choices....the NX looks good in so many colours. Each colour highlights different aspects of the car well. I'm leading towards Atomic Silver, nebula grey or sonic white. I will have to see in person how the colours blend with the black fenders n Fsport rims. Feel the two tone rims may look better in certain colours as we'll.
Old 07-12-14, 02:23 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose "Atomic Silver" but reserve the right to change my mind I am really torn right now. As stated prior I love Atomic Silver in most instances, but sometimes it looks too beige to my eye (lower evening light, cloudy days). I am waiting to see it on the NX in person.

Overall I feel like the lighter colors show off the angles of the NX best and look better with the contrast of the dark fender flares. Not sure I care for the dark flares in general. Almost always I like black exteriors best, but not in this case. I do however love the front in the black F Sport.

Very disappointed in no F Sport or Sport Appearance package on the 300h (likely available after RX is redesigned). Would also love to be able to get the non two tone F Sport wheels on the 300h.

Order of preference as of now:
1) Atomic Silver
2) Eminent White
3) Silver Lining Metallic

Close call between the top 2 ...
Old 07-12-14, 02:43 PM
sbkim
Rookie

BIG THANK YOU for putting up all the colors!
Old 07-12-14, 02:54 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Yes ... Thanks to corradoMR2
Old 07-12-14, 04:09 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MiFu
Hard choices....the NX looks good in so many colours. Each colour highlights different aspects of the car well. I'm leading towards Atomic Silver, nebula grey or sonic white. I will have to see in person how the colours blend with the black fenders n Fsport rims. Feel the two tone rims may look better in certain colours as we'll.
Yes, very touch colour choices. I am with you with the same three colours but the order goes Atomic Silver /Sonic Titanium in tie with Sonic Quartz/Sonic White. Nebula grey never was appealing to me in other Lexus but for NX, it looks pretty good.

Must see the car in person.
Old 07-12-14, 04:21 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

thanks corrado.... I guess I can point out which I like the least on those pics - silver lining and meteor blue... rest is all great looking.

i think the difference will be seeing them live
Old 07-13-14, 06:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

You're welcome. It's easier to discern your favorite color when they're all side-by-side, even for me!

Which, BTW, I haven't voted yet since I don't have a favorite yet

As of this writing, Atomic Silver is the most popular at 41% and as some of your know, I'm not convinced (yet) on this color. I'm REALLY trying to like this color since the paint quality and depth, are unsurpassed (I have seen it in person on the IS).

1. Here's the only tone I really like. It's this molten aged nickel with a predominance of silver. I threw in the IS as it also shows this superb tone.

2. Good acceptable tone I can live with. You can see some slight "brown-series" hues starting to mix in with the superb molten silver above.

Here are the other 3-4 tones I don't like (on the NX F-Sport) which in short have various degrees of "brown". Reminds me of one of the tones I disliked that emitted off my older Gen 2 Bamboo Pearl RX.

3. Dealbreaker tones: Tan, Beige, Light-taupe Bronze

AndyL, as an Atomic Silver owner of the latest IS, can you shed some "light"? How predominant are the brown-series tones versus the pure silver tone in a typical day? Any pics?

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-13-14 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-13-14, 07:55 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

CorradoMR2, this is a picture taken on a sunny day around noon time.

I won't call it brown or I am used to various tones of this colour.

Actually I find "Atomic Silver" is a poor name for this colour. Where do we see a silver colour? Maybe a medium tone silver. Probably the original name --- "Sonic Titanium" is the best description of this colour.

When you think brown, try to think titanium instead. Titanium is a bit brownish at times.

If one likes pure and bright silver, silver lining metallic is a good choice. On the other hand, if someone likes silver but wants to have a twist since having too many silver vehicles in the past, atomic silver/sonic titanium is the way to go. I belong to the 2nd group.
Attached Thumbnails Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-atomic_silver_3is_on_bright_day.jpg  
Old 07-14-14, 07:13 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
You're welcome. It's easier to discern your favorite color when they're all side-by-side, even for me!

Which, BTW, I haven't voted yet since I don't have a favorite yet

As of this writing, Atomic Silver is the most popular at 41% and as some of your know, I'm not convinced (yet) on this color. I'm REALLY trying to like this color since the paint quality and depth, are unsurpassed (I have seen it in person on the IS).

1. Here's the only tone I really like. It's this molten aged nickel with a predominance of silver. I threw in the IS as it also shows this superb tone.

2. Good acceptable tone I can live with. You can see some slight "brown-series" hues starting to mix in with the superb molten silver above.

Here are the other 3-4 tones I don't like (on the NX F-Sport) which in short have various degrees of "brown". Reminds me of one of the tones I disliked that emitted off my older Gen 2 Bamboo Pearl RX.

3. Dealbreaker tones: Tan, Beige, Light-taupe Bronze

AndyL, as an Atomic Silver owner of the latest IS, can you shed some "light"? How predominant are the brown-series tones versus the pure silver tone in a typical day? Any pics?
I think the Atomic Silver takes in a lot of hue from the surrounding environment. It itself, it has a nice molten metal look, but put it next to a red brick wall, it'll shift to light brown.
Old 07-14-14, 08:19 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Eminent/Sonic white if they manage to get the options I want! The pearl effect on the white is awesome, I guess its a successor to starfire pearl which is my favourite colour!
Old 07-14-14, 11:32 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

AndyL, thanks for the pic. You nailed it when you pointed out the international name for Atomic Silver, aka, Sonic Titanium. I never realized this name is exactly the color in relation to the real element. N.A. name is misleading.

And jhs82, you're right about the color picking up some tones from its surroundings if one carefully observes the pictures.

Old 07-15-14, 12:46 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Which color would you purchase on the NX?
Obsidian. But I'd love to see an NX photo-shopped in satin black.
Old 07-17-14, 07:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

In the quest to decide (and vote) on color....

I went to a nearby Lexus dealer on my way home from work in the hope I'd see an Atomic Silver IS. Lucky me, it was there! AS is growing on me and I'm beginning to see it's not "just beige" but a fluidic titanium color. Just look at the sheen in some of those spots, especially the second pic along the belt line crease.
Attached Thumbnails Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-as_is.jpg   Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-as_is1.jpg  
Old 07-18-14, 11:33 AM
sbkim
Rookie

Is this really AS? I've seen this color on RX before and looked hideous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?