NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 04:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by DPK
35/31/33 mpg is not sufficient for me to get the FWD NXh with no ML. It looks like I will wait for the 2016 RXh or Prius. Very disappointed in the MPG. I am an ESh driver and I like my 40 mpg. Seriously, the RAV4 and CR-V get 31 highway with no hybrid.
Prius and NX are very different vehicles... NX's premium audio with sub (Pioneer) is likely going to be better than Prius's JBL audio option.

I also expect that real life, you can get 30-50% better mpg in NX compared to Rav4.
Old 07-09-14, 04:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I believe I read the 18" rims on the standard grill NX above are the rims for the top of the line 300h ... Another disappointment. Given all they've left out ... This thing better be priced right versus the competition.
top of the line hybrid has the best rims IMHO... they are different from the base level and different from 200t rims as well.
Old 07-09-14, 05:16 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Prius and NX are very different vehicles... NX's premium audio with sub (Pioneer) is likely going to be better than Prius's JBL audio option.

I also expect that real life, you can get 30-50% better mpg in NX compared to Rav4.
I am in the same boat considering the new Prius as well when it comes out. I think the original poster means the lower than anticipated EPA fuel economy on the NX makes it easier to not choose it ... I don't think anyone mistakes the NX for a Prius, but at least for me the lower the fuel economy on the 300h the easier it becomes to choose to give up AWD and luxury for better fuel economy. In the past I have forgone amenities in the name of fuel economy, but the idea of a small fuel efficient SUV has me reconsidering. I still think we will choose the NX despite wishing for a bit better fuel economy.
Old 07-09-14, 05:20 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

top of the line hybrid has the best rims IMHO... they are different from the base level and different from 200t rims as well.
Could've swore I saw the 300h was coming with only one rim option in North America ... The split spoke ones rather than the ones on the "sport grill" model in past posts in this thread.
Old 07-09-14, 05:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

I am in the same boat considering the new Prius as well when it comes out. I think the original poster means the lower than anticipated EPA fuel economy on the NX makes it easier to not choose it ... I don't think anyone mistakes the NX for a Prius, but at least for me the lower the fuel economy on the 300h the easier it becomes to choose to give up AWD and luxury for better fuel economy. In the past I have forgone amenities in the name of fuel economy, but the idea of a small fuel efficient SUV has me reconsidering. I still think we will choose the NX despite wishing for a bit better fuel economy.

And remember, from experience with two Lexus hybrids, you have a lot of control on how efficient you can be with a hybrid and you can beat the EPA figures with just some minor changes in driving style. I bet you can easily get 35 MPG combined and dare I say, push 40 MPGs in the city so try to keep this figure in mind when making a decision.
Old 07-09-14, 06:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
And remember, from experience with two Lexus hybrids, you have a lot of control on how efficient you can be with a hybrid and you can beat the EPA figures with just some minor changes in driving style. I bet you can easily get 35 MPG combined and dare I say, push 40 MPGs in the city so try to keep this figure in mind when making a decision.
yep, in european driving cycle, NX300h is rated to get 50% better MPG than Rav4 2.5l.
Old 07-09-14, 06:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Could've swore I saw the 300h was coming with only one rim option in North America ... The split spoke ones rather than the ones on the "sport grill" model in past posts in this thread.
they are not connected as much as I noticed... not sure what markets will get the deeper "normal" bumper as approach angles are pretty bad with it... looking over at all euro specs that I saw so far, i didnt see that mentioned anywhere yet, they didnt mention it anywhere...
Old 07-09-14, 08:34 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
That's been my experience with Lexus and Toyota hybrids as well.
Old 07-09-14, 08:36 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

they are not connected as much as I noticed... not sure what markets will get the deeper "normal" bumper as approach angles are pretty bad with it... looking over at all euro specs that I saw so far, i didnt see that mentioned anywhere yet, they didnt mention it anywhere...
I am assuming US models will not get the deeper normal bumper, but was using the above reference to state which rims I heard were going to be the sole option on the 300h. The bottom picture of the three.
Old 07-09-14, 08:39 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

This is definitely true but it's quite annoying to not be able to get a signature top of the line stereo (the ML) on a luxury car when you know it's available elsewhere.
Old 07-10-14, 04:10 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

This is definitely true but it's quite annoying to not be able to get a signature top of the line stereo (the ML) on a luxury car when you know it's available elsewhere.
I would not be... looking over European prices for top of the level equipment - it is significantly more expensive than base ($30k difference in Europe). And base these days is greatly equipped - unlike before where I had to buy IS220d Luxury to get nav screen instead of stupid buttons, now we get great looking car in base form too. Also many people say both IS and GS have great sounding premium audio from Pioneer, so it should be quite good.
Old 07-10-14, 07:09 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

I agree with this. These wheels are awesome and completely make the look of the NXh. These wheels might just make me accept the 33 mpg figure and no ML and buy the thing! But still, I have yet to see anything showing the official wheel choices in the US. Has anyone else?

Last edited by DPK; 07-10-14 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-10-14, 07:26 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Exactly. 33 mpg makes it easier to choose something else ('16 Prius) or easier to keep driving my ESh, or to wait for the '16 RXh which figures to get 30 combined. And yes, all of these are very different from each other. I know that driving style matters, but the fact remains that the NXh gets 7 mpg less than the ESh with the same powertrain. I have driven my ESh 38k miles and only broken the 40 mpg level on two tanks, so it is likely that I would only break 33 mpg on rare occasion with the NXh since my driving style is likely not to change. I've always factored fuel economy into my vehicle choices, even with 80-cent gas. I would never consider the NX200t because of the fuel economy and the premium fuel requirement.
Old 07-10-14, 09:33 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ If the F-Sport was available in the 300h in N.A., hands down that would be my choice (like with the IS 300h) instead of the 200t for the quieter drive and better fuel economy (and costs - 87 octane)
Old 07-10-14, 04:53 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DPK
Exactly. 33 mpg makes it easier to choose something else ('16 Prius) or easier to keep driving my ESh, or to wait for the '16 RXh which figures to get 30 combined. And yes, all of these are very different from each other. I know that driving style matters, but the fact remains that the NXh gets 7 mpg less than the ESh with the same powertrain. I have driven my ESh 38k miles and only broken the 40 mpg level on two tanks, so it is likely that I would only break 33 mpg on rare occasion with the NXh since my driving style is likely not to change. I've always factored fuel economy into my vehicle choices, even with 80-cent gas. I would never consider the NX200t because of the fuel economy and the premium fuel requirement.
i have no idea how do you figure to get 30 MPG from RX450h and 33 from NX... does not work that way... ratings are not perfect - in EU rating, NX gets same MPG as ES300h.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread