NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

International NX Configurator

Old 06-06-14, 05:55 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International NX Configurator

http://www.lexus-int.com/models/NX/

You can view color and wheel combos at this site. No specific options to configure however. Interesting when you click on the 200t and 200t F Sport it says USA specifications ... Not so with the 300h. I really hope USA gets a shot at 300h F Sport or appearance package.
Old 06-06-14, 07:06 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I noticed only the f sport has black side mirrors while the 200t and hybrid have color keyed side mirrors.
Old 06-08-14, 03:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I noticed only the f sport has black side mirrors while the 200t and hybrid have color keyed side mirrors.
yep, this is F-Sport feature, we have known about this for a while, in pics and their official PR...
Old 06-08-14, 07:28 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
yep, this is F-Sport feature, we have known about this for a while, in pics and their official PR...
I guess what I didn't realize was the black mirrors were for f sport only. Good by me, I think they're ugly. It used to be only the base line models had black mirrors, colored for higher level models.
Old 06-08-14, 08:15 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I guess what I didn't realize was the black mirrors were for f sport only. Good by me, I think they're ugly. It used to be only the base line models had black mirrors, colored for higher level models.
Keep in mind though, that era showcased unpainted, molded hard plastic mirrors often with a grainy texture. No comparison to the sculpted, painted and "F"-inspired chrome accented mirror on the F-Sport. In fact, this is very unique and screams "Premium Sport" to me since even base model cars today have color-coordinated painted mirrors now.

Old 06-08-14, 08:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Keep in mind though, that era showcased unpainted, molded hard plastic mirrors often with a grainy texture. No comparison to the sculpted, painted and "F"-inspired chrome accented mirror on the F-Sport. In fact, this is very unique and screams "Premium Sport" to me since even base model cars today have color-coordinated painted mirrors now.

The mirror looks better vs what other mirror you posted but the black stands out too much and looks ugly with certain colors if not all except black..
Color keyed looks much nicer,IMO.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Toyota go to a colored keyed mirror in the next year or two..

Do you feel the black mirror looks good here?

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-08-14 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-08-14, 08:46 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Think of Audi which has all-chrome mirrors on their S models. The black mirrors is Lexus' way to further visualize their F-Sport model on the NX.

In pictures, I tend to agree the black mirrors would appear to look better on a darker color like Obsidian or Nebula (Mercury) Gray. The finish is so nice I believe the mirrors will be a standout design element in person rather than pictures and will look good despite the black contrast.
Old 06-08-14, 08:53 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ Think of Audi which has all-chrome mirrors on their S models. The black mirrors is Lexus' way to further visualize their F-Sport model on the NX.

In pictures, I tend to agree the black mirrors would appear to look better on a darker color like Obsidian or Nebula (Mercury) Gray. The finish is so nice I believe the mirrors will be a standout design element in person rather than pictures and will look good despite the black contrast.

I think the black mirrors on most colors makes the mirror stand out too much and even cause it to look too big.
Maybe in person the mirror will look better but I doubt it.
It looks absolutely awful on that blue and the red.

Not a real big deal,though.One can always the the mirror shell painted to match body color.
Old 06-08-14, 09:12 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

To the OP, thanks for the configurator. I got to "see" N.Gray and Obsidian but as expected, the colors are off. Perhaps it's my monitor... feedback anyone?
Old 06-08-14, 10:32 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're welcome.

Your monitor likely isn't off ... Always hard to tell from these online configurators what the color actually looks like. I like being able to see the various rims for each model. I like the non-two tone F sport rims but fear they may be too dark but wonder if they're not as dark in person.

Gonna have to practice my patience. Thinking hard about the atomic silver but will wait to see one in person or check out an IS on the lots. Worry it looks too much like beige in certain light.
Old 06-08-14, 04:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ From studying various pictures, the non-two-tone F-Sport wheels appear to be liquid graphite in color, very similar, if not the same as the ones on the IS F-Sport. However, I'm not so sure N.America will get these wheels. Not sure why, just a hunch that we'll only get the machine finished/black wheels.

Atomic Silver definitely has beige in it under most lighting conditions and it's the prominent tone - I've seen it in person several times in the showroom and out on the road. Some angles and lighting you'll see less beige and a little more silver, but not to the extent of just silver. You can see the difference in this picture compared to the "pure silver" Silver Lining ahead of it.

Personally, Atomic Silver is not for me for the same concerns you have on the NX, but in person, it has incredible depth and shine unlike any other paint color I've seen. Looks like flowing liquid (aged) silver. Here's an actual aged silver dish where you can see where Atomic Silver very closely resembles it.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-08-14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-09-14, 10:09 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet! can't wait to order mine! hopefully SOON!
Attached Thumbnails International NX Configurator-nx200t-fs-exceed_blue_me-18_225-33.jpg   International NX Configurator-nx200t-fs-exceed_blue_me-18_235-22.jpg  
Old 06-09-14, 10:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Marc, any insight on whether specifically the 200t F-Sport will be available this fall? I'm concerned b/c based on other market releases, the 300h is first, then the Turbo comes in 2015. Or perhaps it's because N.America will get the first batches of Turbos in 2014 seeing that the other markets really need the hybrid first? When I put a deposit on mine several weeks ago, my dealer didn't know which models they will be getting. Even today, no news yet...
Old 06-09-14, 10:34 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Dang, so you can't configure interior options? Only exterior?
Old 06-09-14, 10:35 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

cha-ching!
Attached Thumbnails International NX Configurator-nx1.png   International NX Configurator-nx2.png   International NX Configurator-nx3.png   International NX Configurator-nx4.png  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: International NX Configurator