NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 12:59 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Cant really be compared as CT200h in Europe gets numbers better than Prius right now... while in the US, it is nowhere close to Prius, of course, it is same engine/vehicle, just different ratings.

In the city, CT200h spends a lot less fuel than IS300h... 2l/100km easily.
On a short trip, shure. But no way on constant city driving. When the battery is empty, the consumption rises quickly.

I've got 3.6l/100km with my IS on a 16km/10 mile trip, so the 300h isn't a gas guzzler either.
Old 06-23-14, 10:14 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

With my CT, I averaged in ~ 4.8 L/100km in the summer, 90% city driving. In the winter, jumped up 1L/100km or about 20%. These figures average out to 50 mpg US, well over the claimed 42 mpg for the CT.

Without making this a hybrid driving optimization discussion, as a driver, you have lots of control on how well you want to stretch your mileage and for some strange reason, the US figures are very low whereas the Canadian one at 4.6 is pretty close and the Euro one appears too optimistic. Also had an RXh and got close to the Canadian ratings.

Regardless of the "on-paper" figures of the CT, NX, ISh, ESh, etc, my hope is for about 6L/100km in real world (summer) mainly city driving for the NX with some care in the driving. 7L in winter. This is about 37 MPGs combined in the US. From my hybrid ownership experience, I think these figures are do-able.
Old 06-23-14, 12:06 PM
PH1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys long time lurker of the forums, current owner of a CT, when my lease expires next June definitely going to trade it in for the NX. Looking forward to seeing this vehicle on the road.
Old 06-23-14, 05:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by vuong05
I'm staying at the Four Seasons in Whistler and they have one entire section of the underground parking reserved for them. Wasn't able to go near enough to take a decent picture with my phone, but I counted at least 10 Nx's down there in various trims and colors.

I believe it is the official global press release with press from coming from different regions (e.g. Day 1&2 is USA, Day 3&4 is Canada, Day 5 is Japan, Day 6,7 is Europe, Day 8 is Middle East and Day 9&10 is Asia). They also have the new turbo engine on display inside the main ballroom with what looks like a spec sheet. I will try to see if I can get a picture for you guys.

Hopefully the entire spec of the NX lineup will be revealed over the next 10 days for each global region. Don't count on too many pictures coming from me as I only have my phone on me (plus I'm stuck inside at a conference over the next week).
Yes, that's it. Got the official word from my dealer's GM who called Lexus Canada today and sent an email to my SA who sent it to me. Note launch date, which BTW, I've asked my SA to challenge the original October - November timeframe

"Lexus International is holding a Global NX press event in Whistler BC. This is not a dealer event or early NX launch. There has been no change with our launch timetable (Dec)"

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-23-14 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-23-14, 07:47 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting. I was just in Europe last week and the majority of the cars are small (no duh). Peugot and Citroen really have some strange designs, but they proliferate the streets. Oddly, the Infiniti FX shows up frequently as well. I have a feeling the NX will do really well in that market where small cars with cutting-edge designs are popular.
Old 06-23-14, 11:48 PM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Global launch for the Canadian market is tomorrow. Don't expect to hear or see anything official until July 7 as there is an embargo. I heard that the press will get to test drive the NX's after the launch tomorrow, so there should be lots of NX's on the streets.

Too bad I'm still stuck inside at my conference or else I would sit outside the hotel all day and snap some pictures for you guys.

Just saw Kato San (the chief engineer for the NX) walk by me in the hotel. Wanted to ask him a few questions regarding the NX, but he had already got on the elevator....
Old 06-24-14, 12:26 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
With my CT, I averaged in ~ 4.8 L/100km in the summer, 90% city driving. In the winter, jumped up 1L/100km or about 20%. These figures average out to 50 mpg US, well over the claimed 42 mpg for the CT.

Without making this a hybrid driving optimization discussion, as a driver, you have lots of control on how well you want to stretch your mileage and for some strange reason, the US figures are very low whereas the Canadian one at 4.6 is pretty close and the Euro one appears too optimistic. Also had an RXh and got close to the Canadian ratings.

Regardless of the "on-paper" figures of the CT, NX, ISh, ESh, etc, my hope is for about 6L/100km in real world (summer) mainly city driving for the NX with some care in the driving. 7L in winter. This is about 37 MPGs combined in the US. From my hybrid ownership experience, I think these figures are do-able.
I think you're pretty close to reality with 6l/100km for the NX.
Old 06-24-14, 06:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jhs82
On a short trip, shure. But no way on constant city driving. When the battery is empty, the consumption rises quickly.

I've got 3.6l/100km with my IS on a 16km/10 mile trip, so the 300h isn't a gas guzzler either.
it is not hard to figure out - CT200h has a lot smaller engine and is a lot lighter, so city driving where there is a lot of start/stop, you will always get better consumption... I could average 5l in my crowded city with old Prius G2 over the tank (while not really trying)., while I would be very happy with IS300h getting 7l in the city. Now on the highway, i wouldn't be suprised if they got similar mpg, maybe IS300h even better while cruising at higher speeds.

Same goes for NX - if it gets 7l/100km in real city drivin (European city), it would be awesome.
Old 06-24-14, 09:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dseag2
Interesting. I was just in Europe last week and the majority of the cars are small (no duh). Peugot and Citroen really have some strange designs, but they proliferate the streets. Oddly, the Infiniti FX shows up frequently as well. I have a feeling the NX will do really well in that market where small cars with cutting-edge designs are popular.
NIce! Europe is following the American trend and even leading the way in some areas with SUVs. The X1 sold so well it delayed the launch here. Sedan sale continue to fall and SUV/CUV sales in Europe continue to grow.

The FX always had a niche in Europe, especially Russia where it is very popular.
Old 06-24-14, 12:52 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw the NX 300h Fsport at the special event at my Lexus dealership. It's a pre-production car in the new white paint. It looks pretty good under the show room spot lights. The new styling is very aggressive. I love the trippel LED head light! The only thing I don't really like is the black "mud guard" around the wheels. I don't think it fits the overal styling of the car.

Interior looks great and the quality is on another level compares to the 3IS. It really makes the 3IS interior feels cheep. The space in the front is ok. It's about the same as the IS. The leg room in the back is ok, while the head room is not so good. I'm 190cm and my head is touching the roof. The car has the panaramic roof so it steals some head room both in the front and back.

It seems that we only get the 300h in Sweden (and in most of European countries?). Which is a shame. As I'm really curious about the new 200t. The 300h does 0-100km in 9,3 secs. While it's enough for daily driving, it is a bit slow.

Anyway, I like the car. It will be interesting to test drive it later.
Old 06-24-14, 12:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
NIce! Europe is following the American trend and even leading the way in some areas with SUVs. The X1 sold so well it delayed the launch here. Sedan sale continue to fall and SUV/CUV sales in Europe continue to grow.

The FX always had a niche in Europe, especially Russia where it is very popular.
X1 pricing in Europe is made to fight likes of Rav4 ... it is pretty affordable to get one in popular spec (and cheaper than same spec Rav4). But SUV sales have been doing really well in Europe for a while now, it just took a very long time for European manufacturers to get their SUV lineups out, and now that they did, everyone is buying them.

I worked for Toyota back in 2006 when Rav4.3 came out and we had year long waiting lists while having great supply, everyone wanted to have one, no discounts plus we sold 4-5k of accessories per car on average... golden years :-)
Old 06-24-14, 01:16 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default this really surprises me.

I thought the interior quality would be that of the IS.I'm happy to read it isn't.
Though the styling is a bit too aggressive to me,I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Just saw the NX 300h Fsport at the special event at my Lexus dealership. It's a pre-production car in the new white paint. It looks pretty good under the show room spot lights. The new styling is very aggressive. I love the trippel LED head light! The only thing I don't really like is the black "mud guard" around the wheels. I don't think it fits the overal styling of the car.

Interior looks great and the quality is on another level compares to the 3IS. It really makes the 3IS interior feels cheep. The space in the front is ok. It's about the same as the IS. The leg room in the back is ok, while the head room is not so good. I'm 190cm and my head is touching the roof. The car has the panaramic roof so it steals some head room both in the front and back.

It seems that we only get the 300h in Sweden (and in most of European countries?). Which is a shame. As I'm really curious about the new 200t. The 300h does 0-100km in 9,3 secs. While it's enough for daily driving, it is a bit slow.

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-24-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-24-14, 01:18 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

The interior of lexus IS is best in class, I have seen it personally, if you think the new NX interior is better I would like to see it personally to believe, don't get me wrong I'm just curious, do you have pics of the event?
Old 06-24-14, 01:51 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pfizer
The interior of lexus IS is best in class, I have seen it personally, if you think the new NX interior is better I would like to see it personally to believe, don't get me wrong I'm just curious, do you have pics of the event?
Yeah, you should see it in person. I have driven the 3IS couple times and I don't think the interior quality is good. The whole center console is very plasticky and rattles terribly in one of the 3IS i have driven and that car is almost new. Although I have just sit in the new NX a short while, the interior quality feels much better than the 3IS.

I have few cell phone photos from the event, but there are better quality photos in another thread that you can see for your self.

Last edited by UpSideDown; 06-24-14 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-24-14, 04:21 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

nice... i read that moonroof offers basically same space as regular model due to roof carving up at the back seat, obviously panoramic roof cant do that... not that I care about space at the back, since I will carry kids only.

glad to hear about quality... it looks that way too, with all that leather.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread