NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 04:46 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
While Lexus's 6-speed is still a smooth one,[B] it is by no means quick. [B/]Nearly all of the magazines complain about the slowness of Lexus's 6-speeds in many of the recent reviews of any 6-speed Lexuses these days. And the 6-speed Lexuses are also falling behind in fuel economy, as evident by the IS350 AWD, which gets worse fuel economy than the Q50 AWD despite a lower weight and lower displacement/horsepower/performance and the fact the VQ is known to be a thirstier engine. And finally, Lexus's 8-speed is not known to break even with the torque of a 5.0 V8 so your reliability argument is invalid.

Lexus's 6-speed isn't bad, but it's just that the competition is better now in this department.
Really? This is the 6-speed on the GS350. Seems very quick to me. Not as quick as the ISF's 8-speed but still quick

Old 04-16-14, 04:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I was hoping for 240hp as well but when some rumors pointed to "over 200 hp" or "between 220 and 230 hp", I'm more than pleased with the output on the NX.

JDR76: yeah, torque will play a big role: "how much" and "when/where" in the rpm band. I'm hoping for 240 ft-lbs on a fairly flat curve in the mid 2k rpm to 5k rpm.
The 2.0t in the Audi Q5 makes its 258 ft. lb. 1,500-4,300 rpms. I'm not sure about the 2.0t in the X3, but I think that it's probably similar. I would think that the NX will be in the same ballpark.
Old 04-16-14, 05:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ I'm anxious to get confirmation on the torque specs.

As for another detail to post, I brightened up this rear seat pic to see if there was a hump in the middle. No surprises due to its front-drive roots, the floor is virtually flat which makes for an airier, more usable rear seat. The seat also looks fairly high to provide good thigh support and more comfortable seating.
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-nx_rear_bright.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-16-14 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-16-14, 06:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Unique features,

active grille shutters
voice-activated navigation
hands-free liftgate
illuminating “welcome mats” on the ground to both front doors.
Lincoln signature push-button gear shift that controls the automatic transmission.
Overhead console with sunglasses holder!!!!
Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
Remote start
Good highlights.

The sunglasses holder or rather lack of in newer model Lexus's is really annoying. I was told once it was removed so the SOS button could be in prominent view but I can't tell you how many customers have told me they have accidently pressed that button searching for a light, moonroof control or their lack of sunglass holder
Old 04-16-14, 06:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Someones got to say it.. What no rear seat controls?!
Old 04-16-14, 06:23 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Unique features,

active grille shutters
voice-activated navigation
hands-free liftgate
illuminating “welcome mats” on the ground to both front doors.
Lincoln signature push-button gear shift that controls the automatic transmission.
Overhead console with sunglasses holder!!!!
Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
Remote start
IIRC the MKC will come with a 6 speed transmission.
Old 04-16-14, 07:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Someones got to say it.. What no rear seat controls?!
I know... I had the same thought and no rear seat heaters too, but at least it's got the vents. More than the RDX can claim!
Old 04-16-14, 09:46 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Like all of you, I'm looking in the luxury CUV from Lincoln MKC (2.3L), Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and Q5 V6 Diesel, BMW X1 and X3 2.0T Diesel, Porsche Macan, Subaru Forester & Outback, new Nissan Murano, possibly CX-5 SkyactiveD, and what not...

But no courtesy light, no sunglass holder, and no rear heated seats. Is this even a Luxury car? A Honda Accord has courtesy light. A Corolla and even the new Toyota Camry have LED headllights. A Subaru Outback and even the new Nissan Murano have rear heated seats at a lower cost. What's the point of this car?

Don't judge me wrong. I like the NX300h. But when it comes down to comparing what others have to offer, I cannot imagine the little things that are missing for a luxury car @ this price.
Old 04-16-14, 11:53 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This car is imperfect. No one will doubt that.

But if your main goal is to heat your passengers' rears and to have a place to put your sunglasses in, you might as well check out different cars.

My sunglasses go in the armrest storage. My passengers have never complained about having cold butt. I removed all ambient lighting inside my car by choice. Life goes on...
Old 04-17-14, 02:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Psychoart
Like all of you, I'm looking in the luxury CUV from Lincoln MKC (2.3L), Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and Q5 V6 Diesel, BMW X1 and X3 2.0T Diesel, Porsche Macan, Subaru Forester & Outback, new Nissan Murano, possibly CX-5 SkyactiveD, and what not...

But no courtesy light, no sunglass holder, and no rear heated seats. Is this even a Luxury car? A Honda Accord has courtesy light. A Corolla and even the new Toyota Camry have LED headllights. A Subaru Outback and even the new Nissan Murano have rear heated seats at a lower cost. What's the point of this car?

Don't judge me wrong. I like the NX300h. But when it comes down to comparing what others have to offer, I cannot imagine the little things that are missing for a luxury car @ this price.
I doubt that the NX wont have some kind of courtesy light... as to the sunglass holder, those dont fit big sunglasses these days so are pointless.

As to rear seat heating, i guess if you want that, maybe this car is not for you. I have no idea why would anyone want rear seat heaters but ok.

If you think Outback is luxury car because it has one thing NX does not, then buy Outback.

As to your list, it goes from $25k to $100k, thats interesting way to buy cars.
Old 04-17-14, 03:53 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Psychoart

As the others have said, you are the only one that knows your priorities and it may be one or the sum of the courtesy light, rear seat heaters, and sunglasses holder that are missing. But think about this. Today's luxury cars are not any longer set apart by features since you can get a Kia with more features nowadays at 2/3rds the price. You consider one for the build quality, styling, feel, performance, and overall panache. An analogy is this. Why do people (albeit smaller market) still buy a $2K Tag Heuer watch when a $200 Citizen watch "does" the same thing... You can go on and on with thousands of examples on clothing, electronics, and so on. Good luck with your car shopping.
Old 04-17-14, 06:46 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4482
I'm hoping they vastly improve the suspension in the NX and not use the same suspension as in the RAV4. The RAV4 suspension is terrible !
What don't you like about the Rav4's suspension? Too harsh?

Anyway, I am very pleased with 237hp in the 2.0T. Like many others, my hope was ~240hp, and this number is right there. Looking forward to torque and MPG specs!
Old 04-17-14, 08:48 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
As the others have said, you are the only one that knows your priorities and it may be one or the sum of the courtesy light, rear seat heaters, and sunglasses holder that are missing. But think about this. Today's luxury cars are not any longer set apart by features since you can get a Kia with more features nowadays at 2/3rds the price. You consider one for the build quality, styling, feel, performance, and overall panache. An analogy is this. Why do people (albeit smaller market) still buy a $2K Tag Heuer watch when a $200 Citizen watch "does" the same thing... You can go on and on with thousands of examples on clothing, electronics, and so on. Good luck with your car shopping.
+1 Look at the 2015 Toyota Camry that was announced yesterday - it has many amenities some luxury cars don't necessarily have - LED headlights (low and high beam), BSM, RCTA, etc. Luxury brand is separated from regular brand by heritage and experience though it is embarrassing to see a Kia in North America had power folding mirrors where we still need to beg Lexus to include this as a standard equipment for most of their cars. Good credit to Kia for making this 1980 (compared to Asia and European markets) technology widely available.

Last edited by AndyL; 04-17-14 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-17-14, 08:51 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't believe door courtesy light is missing in NX. We need more higher resolution interior pictures to find out.

For sunglass holder, no luck as the trend for Lexus has already started a few years ago if you look at what they did in Asian market. ( e.g. RX)
Old 04-17-14, 09:11 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default 3-Door NX

AndyL, I believe the courtesy light is there too, they might have placed underneath perhaps.

People are already flirting with the NX design. Three-door NX?

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/4/1...or-NX-7719813/
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-nx3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread