Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Affordable Car Wash Place in Bay Area

Old 08-13-18, 12:24 AM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Placed an order for the power washer; foam cannon; Meguiar Gold Class shampoo and conditioner; drying towels; and Nu Finish car polish.
Old 08-18-18, 07:22 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Originally Posted by nuraman00
Placed an order for the power washer; foam cannon; Meguiar Gold Class shampoo and conditioner; drying towels; and Nu Finish car polish.
I got all of the parts today.

I was having a hard time connecting the spray wand from the power washer, to the foam cannon. It just wasn't a tight fit.

Spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it wasn't getting a secure fit.

Then went to Home Depot, with the spray wand and foam cannon.

They showed me that you have to pull back on the connector from the spray wand, to secure it to the foam cannon. They showed me right away, as soon as they saw it.

Glad that's solved.

Tomorrow will be the first wash.
Old 08-20-18, 11:16 AM
nuraman00
Instructor

I didn't have time to try the NuPolish, but other than that, it worked out pretty well.

I had to figure out that I needed to turn the foam cannon dial all the way to the (-) position to get foam.

As for the pressure washer itself, it didn't seem to spray with much pressure at all, even before attaching the foam cannon. I didn't need much more after attaching the cannon.

But I need to try the high pressure nozzle, to see if that can generate more pressure, in case I ever need it.
Old 08-26-18, 12:30 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

I experimented with the different nozzles today.

I noticed that if I disconnect the hose, then the water from the spout actually has sufficient pressure.

However, the water coming out of the hose barely has any pressure.

That was my observation last week (but it was going through the pressure washer wand).

Today, I tried the yellow 15 degree nozzle, and the turbo nozzle. When I used those, they was good pressure, and it was appropriate. It was similar to what I had seen in videos.

So it seems that as long as I am using the pressure washer, I can get varying degrees of pressure.

Turbo, intermediate 15 degree, and the blue zero degree soap nozzle (which I intend to use to rinse the car with).

As well as using the foam cannon for soaping the car.

So, even though the water coming out of the hose barely has any pressure, I guess I can achieve what I want by using the pressure washer.
Old 10-21-18, 04:32 PM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back on topic, any recommendations for SF or Peninsula? No space or time to wash own car since I park in a public garage. Don’t have space for all the cleaning supplies either so self service not an option.
Old 11-19-18, 02:17 PM
mooton
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been going to Ducky's for years. I go to either San Mateo or San Carlos, but there's also Menlo Park. For you, San Mateo might be the easiest off/on from 101 on the way home to SJ (via Poplar Ave.). The "super" is the best deal - it's about $28, but they're always selling packages - I just bought six for the price of four, so that gets you under $20. And they're very attentive there.