Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Looking For A Mechanic In Bay Area (Please Read!!)

Old 05-27-18, 11:43 AM
Lenny707
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For A Mechanic In Bay Area (Please Read!!)

I am looking for a mechanic that specializes in lexus so I can get my car fixed and possibly replace the engine. I took my car to a shop recently and the quote that I got was insane, I know that shops will charge a lot so that’s why I’m trying to find someone that has better prices and experience with Lexus so that I can figure out if I should fix the problem or is it best that I just replace the engine. I am located in Vallejo California and Im willing to travel in the Bay Area so if anyone is a mechanic or knows a mechanic and is able to work on my car please let me know I appreciate it very much.

If you need more information just let me know.
Vehicle Information:
2006 Lexus GS300 AWD
112,xxx Miles
Old 05-27-18, 07:32 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mech in Sunnyvale & San Jo, same owner

I have a mech that I use when I can't work on it. He's replaced a couple of used motors for me. He's comparative to most mechs, but I trust him to do it right.I've known him for over 15 years and I trust he won't scam me and bs me. Call and get a quote and see how they compare. I'd explain your situation to him, how far you live and the issue you are experiencing. Gl bro

Btw, what is your issue you are having?

Cliff is the owner.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/a-1-perform...pair-sunnyvale
The one in San Jo is,
https://a1performanceeuropeanautorepair.com/
Old 05-28-18, 04:54 AM
Lenny707
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
I have a mech that I use when I can't work on it. He's replaced a couple of used motors for me. He's comparative to most mechs, but I trust him to do it right.I've known him for over 15 years and I trust he won't scam me and bs me. Call and get a quote and see how they compare. I'd explain your situation to him, how far you live and the issue you are experiencing. Gl bro

Btw, what is your issue you are having?

Cliff is the owner.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/a-1-perform...pair-sunnyvale
The one in San Jo is,
https://a1performanceeuropeanautorepair.com/
Thank you I appreciate that. I’ll give him a call and get a quote and let him know my situation. Well I fix and few things on it and now it runs for the most part. When I got the car it didn’t start at all. I got new battery and added oil and it started right up but didn’t sound good. Then I hooked up the scanner and I got codes for six misfires,and camshaft sensor B bank 2,and primary ignition coil F.

I replaced Camshaft sensor and primary ignition coil and the started up and stayed on and sounded a lot better and codes went away. But then after it warming up it shut down and kept doing that. So I replaced all the spark plugs and on the left side all the spark plugs were black. Once I was done I started it up and he stayed on but I didn’t have any power when I press the gas but it sounded good.

So then I was told to change all of the ignition coils and I did once I did that The car stayed on and got a little power I drove it around the block a few times and I even drove it 15 minutes my house And as I was driving the max speed was 15 mph and I was flooring it. Reason I was taking it to the shop was because I was told that possibly something was blocking the airflow. When I got there the owner of the shop said that it sounded like it was something internal but he just went off the sound didn’t really look at it like I expected so I didn’t really believe him and he said I need to replace the engine and was trying to charge me $5,000 for engine and labor. So that’s where I’m at right now.
Old 06-01-18, 01:08 PM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out BG Motors in Sacramento. I been brining him my cars for sometimes now and never had an issue. He is a one man auto shop so he works on all his car with care. Great prices and very reliable.