Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Anyone willing to help with fitment?

Old 01-26-16, 10:41 PM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone willing to help with fitment?

Whats up CL, anyone in norcal, bay area wanna help me get these ssr vienna kreis on my is350? I got the rears to fit, but have no clue where to start with cutting etc. i just need help with the fronts, 19x9+9 Lunch, beer and possible monetary compensation
Old 01-28-16, 04:14 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What are you cutting? I hope not your fenders as they should be rolled. I'm assuming any part that's rubbing is your concern? Let me know as I may be able to help.
Old 01-29-16, 08:20 AM
OOO_ROB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hit up anthony from vexmotorsport for rollin fenders. or on his ig @ canibeatlizerd
Old 01-29-16, 01:39 PM
markjustus
Driver

Originally Posted by srt1
What are you cutting? I hope not your fenders as they should be rolled. I'm assuming any part that's rubbing is your concern? Let me know as I may be able to help.
i was just eyeballing it, and it looks complicated lol dont have proper tools or extensive knowledge in fender work.

Originally Posted by OOO_ROB
Hit up anthony from vexmotorsport for rollin fenders. or on his ig @ canibeatlizerd
lmfao I know him! haha but its been a minute since i seen him, didnt wanna be like aye anthony, been a few years but help me doe! haha I knew he worked at a car spot, but didnt know which one. but ill probably hit them up.
Old 02-02-16, 11:05 PM
markjustus
Driver

UPDATE

FML got the fenders ready and wheels ready to get slapped on, but now i need to shave the stock lugnuts down because they poke out of the spacer and the wheel hub cant fit flush against the spacer -_-
Old 02-03-16, 05:28 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by markjustus
UPDATE

FML got the fenders ready and wheels ready to get slapped on, but now i need to shave the stock lugnuts down because they poke out of the spacer and the wheel hub cant fit flush against the spacer -_-
shave stock lugnuts? DO NOT SHAVE STOCK LUGNUTS, get aftermarket ones, stock ones will not sit correctly on a aftermarket rim anyways. its dangerous and unsafe.
you will want acorn/tapered lugnuts for most aftermarket wheels.

spacer not fitting wheel hub? get correct spacers with the right bore hub sizing. Lexus/Toyota bore size is 60.1mm I believe

Old 02-03-16, 07:40 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed with above member.
Old 02-03-16, 10:18 PM
markjustus
Driver

Originally Posted by specONE
shave stock lugnuts? DO NOT SHAVE STOCK LUGNUTS, get aftermarket ones, stock ones will not sit correctly on a aftermarket rim anyways. its dangerous and unsafe.
you will want acorn/tapered lugnuts for most aftermarket wheels.

spacer not fitting wheel hub? get correct spacers with the right bore hub sizing. Lexus/Toyota bore size is 60.1mm I believe

Originally Posted by isfdude
Agreed with above member.
Thanks for input! but they are hubcentric wheel spacers with their own studs. The stock studs are protruding past the length of the spacer, but i got it sorted out! hopefully will post pics tomorrow!
Old 02-04-16, 10:00 AM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by markjustus
Thanks for input! but they are hubcentric wheel spacers with their own studs. The stock studs are protruding past the length of the spacer, but i got it sorted out! hopefully will post pics tomorrow!
so let me get this straight, you needed your fenders pulled so you can clear wheels with wheels spacers on????

and hubcentric wheel spacers with studs, i wouldn't be caught dead driving with a pair of those. how do you know if the studs are on par with OEM strength and quality?
Old 02-04-16, 12:13 PM
SteezyLS98
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so let me get this straight, you needed your fenders pulled so you can clear wheels with wheels spacers on????

and hubcentric wheel spacers with studs, i wouldn't be caught dead driving with a pair of those. how do you know if the studs are on par with OEM strength and quality?
i totally disagree with you on this bro i have hubcentric wheel spacers on and i had to shave me original bolts cuz of the it passing the spacer ive had the spacers on for about 6-8months and lets just say im one of those driver from oakland california land of the sideshows and abuse the hella out of my ls400 not a crack or a chip on the spacer they look perfectly fine. i think what ever your doing to your car with the hubcentric wheel spacers should be fine but the fender shavving is kinda gee roll or pull or nah? lol
Old 02-04-16, 12:27 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I've never seen hubcentric spacers go bad either. They are a good company.
Old 02-04-16, 12:38 PM
specONE
Racer

cool you guys have fun with your bolt on wheel spacers.
pay no attention to me. i've just been playing around with cars for 15+ years. I know nothing.
Old 02-04-16, 01:14 PM
SteezyLS98
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't take it personal maybe you like your tea a little more watered down than some for each his own. Post some pics tho wanna see your whip is going to be sitting
Old 02-04-16, 01:34 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by SteezyLS98
Don't take it personal maybe you like your tea a little more watered down than some for each his own. Post some pics tho wanna see your whip is going to be sitting
This analogy doesnt make any sense for me.
i personally drink my tea black and strong as can be daily.
Old 02-05-16, 01:46 AM
markjustus
Driver

in order of your questions/comments
yes.
wheel specs are
front: 19x9+9
rear 19x10+24
Ive used H&R products before, and have never had an issue.So far on 2 BMWs, (both e36), an rsx and a 240sx. all but rsx weekend drifters.

Originally Posted by SteezyLS98
i totally disagree with you on this bro i have hubcentric wheel spacers on and i had to shave me original bolts cuz of the it passing the spacer ive had the spacers on for about 6-8months and lets just say im one of those driver from oakland california land of the sideshows and abuse the hella out of my ls400 not a crack or a chip on the spacer they look perfectly fine. i think what ever your doing to your car with the hubcentric wheel spacers should be fine but the fender shavving is kinda gee roll or pull or nah? lol
First off, YYYEEEEEEEEEEEE
next, no shaving at all, just a decent roll and neg. camber and they fit.

cool you guys have fun with your bolt on wheel spacers.
pay no attention to me. i've just been playing around with cars for 15+ years. I know nothing.
I respect your knowledge and your car is clean, but don't get butthurt stressing over some wheel spacers that aren't on your car, and you provided no help, but thanks for your concern.
H&R has been around for what I feel is a respectable amount of time http://www.hrsprings.com/about/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone willing to help with fitment?