Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Help! Autobody/Paint recommendations in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 08:28 PM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help! Autobody/Paint recommendations in Bay Area

Any recommendations on best autobody/paint shop in the bay area? I heard good things about 5 fifteen autobody but it looks like they're no longer in business. Please help! Thanks!
Old 10-22-15, 10:38 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Still in business. Called burlingame autobody now. Sunny is still there
Old 10-23-15, 09:09 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Thanks man! Didn't know they changed the name. Any other recommendations? I think you mentioned they had to repaint your wald spoiler because the color was way off.

Last edited by deestyle28; 10-23-15 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-23-15, 10:25 AM
jay350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunny auto body and J & p auto body both do really good work.
Old 10-23-15, 11:15 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by deestyle28
Thanks man! Didn't know they changed the name. Any other recommendations? I think you mentioned they had to repaint your wald spoiler because the color was way off.

- I understand that pearl white is hard to match but idk. Im still looking for a good body shop that can match pearl white
Old 10-23-15, 04:50 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jay350
Sunny auto body and J & p auto body both do really good work.
OP be careful about sunny auto body
I go to there all the time and it's my go to shop for body work. I have gotten plenty of paint jobs from them and would not hesitate to go back to them.

however, if you're going to paint a front lip that you plan on scraping a lot, I would find another shop. my front lip is peeling after less than 6 months.
asked a couple members on here and they said the body shop didn't use the proper flex additives.

I don't blame them though, they don't normally deal with modded cars and for the price they charged me, I can't really complain.
definitely recommend them if you're painting a different part of your car though! got my door and front bumper painted from them and it looked absolutely amazing!
Old 10-23-15, 10:45 PM
jay350
Rookie

Sunny auto body no longer paint aftermarket parts like lip and stuff however I got my Subaru sti front lip painted from them long time ago at least 6 years ago and still hold up really good. They have lifetime warranty for their job but I don't think it apply to lip kit since it will scrape all the time.
Old 10-24-15, 01:35 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my bumper painted by Reliance Auto Body down in San Jose. They've done a great job on my car as well as many other members' cars.
Old 10-24-15, 04:10 PM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm doing the 2012 F sport front bumper conversion so the only thing I need painted is the bumper and lip spoilers in SGM. My car only has a modest drop (fsport springs) so I won't/shouldn't be scraping.
Old 11-09-15, 08:07 PM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the work of redwood city autobody on charter. the price is a pretty penny but you will love the outcome because it is oem quality. tell alex...randy sent you.
Old 11-10-15, 07:20 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Give Priola Body Shop San Mateo a call...(650) 341-1100. Josh did an amazing job on both of our SEMA project. He uses BASF Glasurit paint...Google it and you will know the quality of this paint. Sorry for the crappy phone pic. Just tell him Nat sent you.

Old 11-12-15, 06:05 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Sunny auto body in SF?
Old 01-28-16, 04:12 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Kims Auto on San Jo. I had my front end painted and the clear bra added. Paint is NOT difficult to match if the shooter knows what he, or she, is doing. This is correct that it will never match a fadded car but pretty close. Mine came out beautiful and no complaints thus far. If you yelp Kims Auto you can see a lot of positive reviews, which I'll also add to. I'll add pics hopefully this weekend.
Old 01-29-16, 02:22 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by plusONEran
i like the work of redwood city autobody on charter. the price is a pretty penny but you will love the outcome because it is oem quality. tell alex...randy sent you.
+1. I vouch for these guys also. Their Yelp page is almost entirely 5* reviews. I won't go anywhere else.

They've done work on all of my previous cars. They've also installed the mods on my current car. The service is personalized and the work is A+ quality. Alex and Chris are really easy to work with. And, they have special rental rates with Enterprise down the street.
Old 02-11-16, 06:28 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

I live right down the street from Sonny Auto Body. I should stop in there after, i need my front driver fender painted and my hood for my 95 sc thats pearl white.

Quick Reply: Help! Autobody/Paint recommendations in Bay Area