Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Which Dealership to use for recall

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-15, 08:48 PM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Concord Lexus did finally get a replacement wire harness protector in and installed. When I was in for the ELF recall they did fill my tank with fuel.
Old 06-12-15, 10:18 AM
VDMTom
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikeyy
Let me know when you are coming in. I'll take care of you
Wish I saw this earlier. Everything went well at LSC when I went for recall. I'll ask for you next time I visit the dealer.

Thanks!!
Old 06-13-15, 09:06 PM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to Magnussen Lexus in Fremont.
Old 06-13-15, 10:31 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Mikeyy can you please take care my F, i have schedule to have my recall on the 16th of this month. Im worried about the short cuts of other dealership are doing. I know maria the service advisor but it more ok to have somebody in the work area to look after my car.
Leo
Old 06-15-15, 01:24 AM
tonytdoan
Rookie

I went to Coliseum Lexus in Oakland for my last recall, end up getting an enterprise rental car instead of a loaner. My diffuser paint cracked when I got my car back, i mean, i guess its kind of my fault for letting them put my car in the wash.. -.- For sure never going there again.

BIG TIP: IF YOU HAVE AFTERMARKET PARTS DONT LET THEM WASH YOUR CAR (Wish I knew that sooner..)
Old 06-15-15, 09:39 AM
ISFngU
Rookie

Originally Posted by ljdsong
Mikeyy can you please take care my F, i have schedule to have my recall on the 16th of this month. Im worried about the short cuts of other dealership are doing. I know maria the service advisor but it more ok to have somebody in the work area to look after my car.
Leo
I got mine done last week by Mikeyy. Drove it like I stole it on the weekend and all went well. He will take care of you
Old 06-15-15, 06:07 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISFngU
I got mine done last week by Mikeyy. Drove it like I stole it on the weekend and all went well. He will take care of you
Thanks for the feedback bro, do you know whats his real name ? Hope he will be there tomorrow. Thanks again.
Leo
Old 06-15-15, 06:48 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ljdsong
Thanks for the feedback bro, do you know whats his real name ? Hope he will be there tomorrow. Thanks again.
Leo
hey leo,
unfortunately i wont be there tomorrow, but the other techs should take good care of your car. By the way Maria is on leave and she wont be back for a while so you will get a different service advisor
Old 06-15-15, 07:59 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mikeyy
hey leo,
unfortunately i wont be there tomorrow, but the other techs should take good care of your car. By the way Maria is on leave and she wont be back for a while so you will get a different service advisor
Thanks for the heads up mikeyy. Hope i can get nice tech there. My F has a custom exhaust that sounds crazy, its a magnet of those want a joy ride.
Leo
Old 06-18-15, 09:29 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Magnussen Lexus of Fremont was very awesome for my IS250 recall.

They gave me a loaner car and I received text message updates as the work was done.

When I got the car back, I got free detailing (Car wash and interior cleaned) plus free gas.
Old 06-19-15, 02:59 PM
sleekmr3
Driver

I have an appt this Saturday at Lexus Stevens Creek. I'll report back.
Old 06-22-15, 01:26 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus of Concord filled up my tank which I had no idea about ( I brought it in with half tank), but found a leaking water pump which seems to be very popular when people bring cars in for recalls and replaced all my front upper control arms. All under warranty of course no cost to me but I fell like theyre getting something out of it
Old 06-23-15, 08:42 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Dropped the car off around noon on Saturday 6/20 @ Stevens Creek Lexus, got it back on Monday 6/22 around noon. Gave them the car with little to no fuel and they pumped a full tank & washed the car.

I thought they would have asked me if I wanted the car washed. Since I have a kit I would have opted out of the wash cause I'm pretty sure they run it through a machine car wash instead of hand wash. Car seems fine though.

They gave me a hybrid ES as a loaner.

-An incident to note though, when I was there dropping off my car for service, I was waiting in the lobby and a guy asked me if I could translate for him cause he didn't speak English to well.

He told me he dropped off his daughter's car for a recall service. He got a loaner and returned 5 hours later to pick up the car. He said the stock rims on the car were not the original ones. They were all curbed rashed and the tires were balded.

I also noticed that they didn't wash his car because the rims had all this break dust on it. Not sure what the end result was, but when I last talked to him he was in the service managers office and they were looking at new tires and rims.

This incident made me a bit uneasy, because the only reason I can think that this happened is because the rims were swapped was on purpose and that someone was hoping the owner wouldn't notice. (The guy's whole family was present and daughter).

Last edited by sleekmr3; 06-23-15 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-23-15, 08:52 AM
JessGFM
Driver School Candidate

for socal people or ORANGE COUNTY i recommend NEWPORT LEXUS!
took my car in for the gas gasket recall and i got loaner 2015 is and when i got my car back it was washed and FULL TANK!

note: i took my car almost EMPTY on GAS!
Old 07-29-15, 02:08 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Imma hit up the Pleasanton dealer. Talked to a service guy and I explained to him , and showed , that my car was low and my rims were polished. I will, in detail, noting any slight scuff or rash.

Quick Reply: Which Dealership to use for recall