Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Speeding in Napa, Attorney?

Old 03-11-15, 03:24 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speeding in Napa, Attorney?

As the title states, got pulled by CHP this past weekend for speeding. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on traffic attorney's in that area? I appreciate any input in advance.
Old 03-12-15, 09:43 AM
USBISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its rough in Napa. I was there 2 weeks ago with my ISF. I saw 6 CHP coming back to SF. I thought I was gonna get pulled over but luckily there was an Audi that was going way faster than I was. Good luck to you tho
Old 03-12-15, 01:07 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

So I've heard, it's like Candyland for them. An abundance of tourists, high-profile cars/people, and the high probability of alcohol involved. Thanks man
Old 03-12-15, 02:13 PM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My first advice would to fight by Trial By Declaration. This means instead of showing up in court you have a chance to explain your side of the story. Napa has nice weather so advance on that. Say It was dry, calm, 75 degree, and you were driving at a safe and controllable speed (google the examples). Do not admit fault! If the officer does not response by writing, you win. If you do not win, you still have your chance in court and still have the right to traffic school.
Old 03-12-15, 06:12 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

I've heard about this, however some attorneys have different strategies on this. And I'm being accused of going just shy of 40 over the limit. So anything over 25mph is ineligible I honestly feel like they exploit visitors for these kinds of citations because they know their options are limited and will most likely not appear in court.
Old 03-13-15, 08:16 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Ticketclinic
Old 03-13-15, 09:29 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Traffic citations are a definite revenue stream for both the city and county. Best strategy is to NOT speed there whatsoever. And, they have 4 or 5 "red light" cams (one of which I fell victim) and, despite several challenges, paying the fine and traffic school were the end result.

If you have modified your car (body kit, big wheels, loud exhaust, flashy paint, etc) it makes you a bigger target.

Wish you luck on your situation......
Old 03-13-15, 09:58 AM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
I honestly feel like they exploit visitors for these kinds of citations.
then you will have to proof that they pulled you over because of your plate.

1. take maxx430's suggestion and note down what he said.
2. search online on how to argue radar/laser devices. Even accurate laser can dismissed when you get lucky on finding the loophole.
3. make a diagram. even if it's a imaginary one, just make sure it's believable

Because you did not give details on your citation, it is hard to help you.
***disclaimer: YMMV, I am not responsible for your result***

or you can just spend money and let professionals take care of it.
Old 03-30-15, 10:06 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
As the title states, got pulled by CHP this past weekend for speeding. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on traffic attorney's in that area? I appreciate any input in advance.
What is violation code? (E.g: VC22350, VC 22349....)

Was it radar? laser? pacing? Ticket should say so. There should also be a box called "MVARS"....that is Mobile Video and Audio Recording System....if that's checked, he got you on film. Not to worry, you can request discovery to see what he recorded.

If you need some ideas for electronic counter measures, PM me.

Don't speed without the right equipment.
Old 04-22-15, 06:43 AM
Kvs_350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attorney for sure! They have their little way to get ur ticket dismiss trust me I had at least 6-7 tickets dismissed by them. That's why they r attorney if they can't negotiate the ticket better than u no one will hire them. The guy told me even if they can't get the case dismissed they can at least make sure u won't get a point. U pay around 250 to hire them but is well worth it. At least u don't have to deal with it or get a point. And for my whole family we gave all our tickets to attorney and we NEVER lose a case.

Last edited by Kvs_350; 04-22-15 at 06:52 AM.