Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

**Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - September 1st - 5th, 2014**

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-14, 09:10 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default **Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - September 1st - 5th, 2014**

I am making plans to be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of September 1st - 5th, which is Monday - Friday.

Note: I won't be able to make another trip up to norcal for at least another 6 months after this trip, as my upcoming schedule is going to be fairly packed/busy.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 -http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal September 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Monday - September 1
Tuesday - September 2
Wednesday - September 3
Thursday - September 4
Friday - September 5

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-10-14, 08:29 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is something different than just having the tail lights tinted/smoked. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap an outline on the tails of his Mercedes Benz C300 sedan. I did it in gloss black. The style is based off of the Brabus style tail lights that they offer, for obviously a fraction of the price of getting the tails directly from Brabus like this. I have also done this for some other cars, but it looks best on the C class with these style tails.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-12-14, 09:51 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Here are some pictures of a white BMW E46 M3 coupe that I wrapped the roof in gloss black during my last trip up to norcal/bay area to do wraps. The pictures aren’t the greatest, since the angle of the sun at that time wasn’t that idea for taking pictures from those angles. Either way, I think the gloss black roof gave the E46 a nice updated/newer and an OEM+ look to the car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-14-14, 07:51 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

It’s always cool to see a fast wagon come in to get some work done. This dark grey Mercedes Benz E63 wagon came in to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum around his windows, rear trunk bar, and lower side skirt chrome pieces. We went with the matte black finish, which I think suits the color of this car. Generally I like matte finishes on darker grey colored cars like these. I think it goes well with them. I also took some close up pictures of the edges, as some people had requested.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-17-14, 12:16 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this black BMW 328 sedan had me lightly smoke and tint the tails light on his car with my vinyl film. The advantage of the vinyl film over paint is that it’s more consistent from tail to tail and also it’s reversible. The light smoke on the tails tones down the bright red color, giving the tails more of a cherry finish, which is very factory looking.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-19-14, 10:13 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this new jet black Lexus IS250 sedan had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim. The blacked out trim makes a huge difference on dark colored cars, as you can see in the pictures below. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for the material, to have the window trim of the car blend in with the black paint on the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-21-14, 09:46 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this new jet black Lexus IS250 sedan had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim. The blacked out trim makes a huge difference on dark colored cars, as you can see in the pictures below. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for the material, to have the window trim of the car blend in with the black paint on the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-23-14, 11:25 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this black Lexus GS350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the chrome/brushed aluminum trim around his windows, rear chrome trunk bar and front chrome grill surround in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black to have the trim pieces blend in with the rest of the black paint better. The owner of this car was from Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work. Getting rid of all of the chrome really cleans up the lines of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-25-14, 08:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I've had a couple of people ask me to post some more pictures of the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish, so here is a white Lexus IS350 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof with in that material. Also note, the roof spoiler is a real carbon piece, so this will also help give those an idea of how the vinyl material compares/contrast against real carbon. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done. We went with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish over the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to closer match real cf and go with his roof spoiler better.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-28-14, 10:32 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

These aren’t the best pictures that I have taken, but I had someone request me to post some pictures of work that I’ve done on the new Lexus GS350. For this silver/grey GS350, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights, and blacked out the center middle section of the front bumper. The owner of this car brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think overall, the subtle changes to the car gave it a nice different/change of look without making it look too aftermarket or modified.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger ride side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-30-14, 08:48 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this white Lexus IS250, the owner wanted to have me black out the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black to give it that panoramic/glass look. The gloss black roof went well with the other black pieces that were on the car (black inserts/accents on the side skirts and roof spoiler, which was only taken off for the install). The only other thing I could have possibly suggested to doing to this car is also blacking out the chrome around the window trim area. However, that comes down to a preference thing and some people prefer having/leaving it chrome, but I like the blacked out look for the chrome since it gives the car a much sportier look. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-01-14, 11:41 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

These aren't the best pictures in the world, since the owner of this car came later in the day and there was a lot of work that he wanted done on his car, so by the time I finished, it was already fairly late in the day. The owner of this car drove from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done. He wanted me to vinyl wrap his roof, roof spoiler, front splitters, side B pillars, and rear lower bumper diffuser all in the 3M di noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material finish. Personally, I do not like wrapping rear diffusers, but since the owner of this car was getting a lot of other work done, I decided to do it for him/his car.

Front splitters:

Roof spoiler:

Rear diffuser:

Roof:

Side pillars:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-03-14, 01:46 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

At the moment I only have Friday morning at either 10am or 11am available left for available spots for appointments this week.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-04-14, 11:10 PM
shookatash
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caught up with our newborn this week so had to miss this round. Hope you swing through again soon
Old 09-05-14, 07:40 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Congrats. There are some things more important than cars! I should be up here again in 6 months or so. Basically when the weather is still warm, I'll be able to make another trip up here to do some wraps.