Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Nor Cal Meet Season is Officially Over

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 09:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nor Cal Meet Season is Officially Over

This has been a great year of events for NorCal members. For 10 years we had the End of Summer Meets, which historically marked the end of the meet season. For the past 2 years we have had the Evolution meet as our OFFICIAL LAST BIG MEET of THE YEAR. It was great attending the Evolution #2 event yeaterday. With over 100 cars registered, I saw a lot of people from the entire South Bay, East Bay, Peninsula, North Bay, the Central Valley and Los Angeles in attendance. This event was definitely the one time a year where almost everyone attends and a great way to end the year. So as of today, I will proclaim that "CERTIFIED" Meet season is Officially Over.

We had about 20 CERTIFIED meets this year of which there were a lot of new members joining us and many veteran members returning. Those who have attended a few meets can tell you that we are a very tight knit group of friends. I would say about 90% of the people posting in this froum section know others on a personal level (Cyberspace Friends DON'T Count). If you COMPLETELY missed out on events this year, you can take a look at the link to events over this past year to get an idea of the type of activities we have had. Click the event links under each event listing for discussions, pictures, etc.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-calendar.html

With that said, there are actually a couple of CERTIFIED mini-meets planned between now and the end of the year, but it is typically a small gathering as opposed to what we have over the summer. Also typically these events are focused Primarily on a social activity, versus a car gathering. This means we will usually be gathering indoors and in most cases, not much time is spent by our cars. If you are new to this forum section, you are more than welcome to attend these smaller events and get to know the members.

If you would like to try and put together your own activity or would like to post that you are new and would like to meet up with members, please DO NOT START a new thread. Instead use this thread as a common means of communicating.

Any new CERTIFIED events that are planned for the remainder of this year will also be posted here. So if you want to be aware of any new activities coming up, just "subscribe" to this thread and enable your email alerts feature.

One final note for NEW MEMBERS:
If the meet announcement does not say "CERTIFIED" in the thread title then that is typically an independent event posted for the general public. It should NOT be confused with being an OFFICIAL NorCal MEET. There is NO guarantee that any ClubLexus members will attend the event, or that a ClubLexus member is organizing the event and in some cases, no Lexus may show at all. With that said, this does not mean that you should not attend the event, but it does mean that you should set your expectations properly.

Season usually starts back up in Jan or Feb. Enjoy you family and the upcoming holidays and hope to see MOST of you next year.

Glen

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-01-13 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-30-13, 10:49 PM
TFly23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Im new here and would like to meet up with some local people Im in the Eastbay.
Old 09-30-13, 10:53 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by TFly23
Well Im new here and would like to meet up with some local people Im in the Eastbay.
Welcome

Did you attend the EVO meet yesterday?

This is the ONLY event of the year where you will find this many IS300's at a meet at one time.

There are a few active East Bay people, but the next closest are in Fremont/ Milpitas.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-01-13 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 10:37 AM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

I missed this whole season!!!! sorry I couldn't make it out folks... I miss the CL fam
Old 10-01-13, 11:52 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We missed you too KC...

The 408 Southbay crew (Raj, Terence, etc) were talking about how we don't see you out any more. Hope to see you out next season.
Old 10-01-13, 12:01 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

nice to know I wasn't forgotten :-P
Old 10-01-13, 12:15 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by lexuswtf
nice to know I wasn't forgotten :-P
KC we miss your presence and support, but we all have lives outside of CL and I'm sure you are doing what's important for you.

Old 10-01-13, 10:17 PM
TFly23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Welcome

Did you attend the EVO meet yesterday?

This is the ONLY event of the year where you will find this many IS300's at a meet at one time.

There are a few active East Bay people, but the next closest are in Fremont/ Milpitas.
No I missed the show, But them citys are not far from me.
Old 10-28-13, 01:28 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

GLen and the rest of my NORCAL CL family, I sadly had to miss all the events this year as my Lexi has been going through a serious restoration/engine swap/tranny swap/ driveshaft swap/wheel swap since about feb of this yr!!! Many times I thought the car would be done and i would be able to make it to the awesome meets, but as anyone who has done engine swaps knows theres always a problem to run into and more money to spend!
I cant wait for next year and my newly built Lexi to join me in next years meets!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PICS OF THIS YRS MEETS AND POSTED THEM ON HERE!