Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Real haunted house (Senter & Hellyer)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 10:36 PM
adl16v
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im from the 831 area and crazy horse is nothing have a cruise up old San Juan grade road it high as hell , narrow and no shoulder just a cliff and supposedly a haunted cop up there that tries to run you off the cliff lol.
Old 04-24-13, 04:46 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adl16v
im from the 831 area and crazy horse is nothing have a cruise up old San Juan grade road it high as hell , narrow and no shoulder just a cliff and supposedly a haunted cop up there that tries to run you off the cliff lol.
holy smack... lol I didn't hear that story.
Old 04-25-13, 01:48 PM
adl16v
Pole Position

haha yea I love old tales and there is so many in the area's
Old 04-25-13, 02:13 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually work on Hellyer now. Maybe I'll drive by it one day after work.
Old 04-25-13, 03:37 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by don
I actually work on Hellyer now. Maybe I'll drive by it one day after work.
don't let your car get taken over by some evil spirit...
Old 06-29-13, 06:46 AM
tonynca
Driver

I was driving home from a friend's house and it was about 1 AM in the morning, I saw a Prius pulled into the garage while I was at the light. I think someone actually lives there. All these stories are just made up by HS kids who just kept on passing it down. No house cleaner would decide to clean the house at 1 AM in the morning. Also, there would be no trash if no one lives there.
Old 06-29-13, 10:03 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by tonynca
I was driving home from a friend's house and it was about 1 AM in the morning, I saw a Prius pulled into the garage while I was at the light. I think someone actually lives there. All these stories are just made up by HS kids who just kept on passing it down. No house cleaner would decide to clean the house at 1 AM in the morning. Also, there would be no trash if no one lives there.
lol this sounds like an actual stake out.... WE NEED TO SET UP CREW TO STAGE AN ALL NIGHTER... several cameras with night vision and possible a thermal image camera... and a bunch of voice recorders. Plus most important someone brave enough to at least break in or hop over the fence to plant all the stuff in and to retrieve it, plus will only work for food.

WHO'S IN?!
Old 06-30-13, 09:55 AM
inno
Rookie

I'm in. Anyone ever break into this house? I'd be down to explore it.

We had a house similar to this in Arizona where I grew up. The grass in the backyard was >3 feet tall. A couple buddies of mine and I made our way into the house through the garage door in the backyard. The owners apparently left and left all their belongings and it had just been sitting that way for 7 years. Rumor was that a child died and haunted the place. We heard noises upstairs, investigated, nothing up there. The place was trashed though.

When we came back downstairs there were 5 knives in the wall in the living room. None of us remember seeing them as we went through there to go upstairs. Spooked us so we bolted back through the kitchen into the garage to get out. While in the garage, the door was locked and wouldn't open, so we went through the window in the door. One of the boxes in the garage shot up in the air and hit the ceiling while we were trying to get out. Never went back. That place was haunted. Still gives me the shivers.

So... we should check this place out. Who's down?
Old 07-02-13, 12:13 PM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

I'm a license re broker, all the agents know which houses are haunted ( seller have to disclose ghost or paranormal) a seller from New York was sued and lost the case, because of everyone in the neighborhood knew about it. I sold 3 homes that were haunted.
One a guy was shot in his bedroom , chase by an intruder and ending up in the garage, were he was shot a couple more times. I disclose this to the buyer an investor. He didn't care until no one could live there longer than 2 months.
Another home in Kern ( well known by agents) father kills wife and 3 kids, then hung himself. I had a buyer told them this home is haunted, they laughed. 2 weeks after escrow closed i was called out to re listed it because the husband went into a possIble possession.
Here for all you cencal guys. Go to Keene, ca near Bakersfield. There is the ceaser Chavez memorial. What people don't know is that it used to be a old hospital in the mountains 3 stories built around 1910. It was built as a death house more than a hospital. All the people with influenza were sent there to basically died. Children and older folks. After 40s it shut down.
Everything is still there, old beds like they just smashed out. I went there its like a horror movie, your driving in the mtn, take a one road in and nested between the trees and river is this hospital. I can confirm its haunted like no other, we heard kids laughing, screaming, and all the scary stuff. And our cell fone and camcorder all drain of battery or had no reception. It is now guarded since Chavez people bought it. Every Halloween people would go there and get turn around by the guard. Funny thing is there is a church on the grounds and all the south windows were covered. So if your sitting in the church your view of the hospital is block by them. Second there is a room in that hospital (can be seemed without going in, we didn't after hearing kids) with the words f@&k you written everywhere in the room ( imagine Bart simpson writing on the chalk board over and over)
For all you canyon racers, on hwy 178 going to lake Isabella, we you first get into the canyons there is a campground call lower richbar. I was fishing late night with my brother and a friend. Since we were in the canyon everyone brought our guns for safety. After 1 am we caught 7 catfish in 30 mins. Thenit started happening. First we all heard leaves scattering like someone was surrounding us and moving very fast, we all had this sense something is wrong. So I said let's hope it's the mice or small animals. That was great until we started hearing voices in tongues! And we grab our guns terrified with our backs to each other trying to get to the car. It was like we were being hunted. We left the fish on stringer and all our poles, tackle box.
I went back the next day to look for my poles and fish in the morning, met a park ranger. I told him the story he said " this is the spot where we fish all the bodies of people who has drowned in the river. They're bodies would get stuck on the rocks here at lower richbar.
And if your into this then you know about portals. In Hanford California address ,1039 n brown st are four plex units. This place having haunting, I know because my family moved in to the unit as a kid. I would hear constant ringing of bells around 3 am everynite like someone walking around with a little bell, and no one would be out there, sibling and I have seen our clothe take form as if some invisible person was wearing it. Saw a hand with claws appear out of nowhere trying to choke me one time. My mom and I was having a conversation and we saw a 3d shadow look at us and walk thur the wall. My siblings would sleep walk and try to unlock the door at night to go out. My mom and dad would get into fits of rage and would not remember what was said or happen.

Last edited by Blackrain; 07-02-13 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 12:44 PM
FPSee
Driver

I love reading other people's experiences with the paranormal. I've always wanted to go to a haunted building and experience it myself. But I'm scared/paranoid about those situations, yet so intrigued by the fact it's haunted. Paranormal activity is REAL.
Old 07-02-13, 11:03 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by FPSee
I love reading other people's experiences with the paranormal. I've always wanted to go to a haunted building and experience it myself. But I'm scared/paranoid about those situations, yet so intrigued by the fact it's haunted. Paranormal activity is REAL.
AHHH HA!! my friend... I say we should gather some "ghost hunters" before halloween, have a little haunted drive... from Mt. Madonna near Watsonville to HWY 1 (devil's slide)

But then again it would be a bad thing... a bunch of LEXUS driving around in a group at night it would look like a scene from Fast and the Funny... or we got lost trying to look for the "Runs" LOL
Old 07-04-13, 05:37 AM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrkim
AHHH HA!! my friend... I say we should gather some "ghost hunters" before halloween, have a little haunted drive... from Mt. Madonna near Watsonville to HWY 1 (devil's slide)

But then again it would be a bad thing... a bunch of LEXUS driving around in a group at night it would look like a scene from Fast and the Funny... or we got lost trying to look for the "Runs" LOL
I'm down. Should start a page "haunted cruise" see if anybody else concur. Come up with a map from spot to the next. Have someone tell that location story.
Here in Sanger there's a road nickname snake road: The Legend of Snake Road
Located in eastern Fresno County is the small farming community of Sanger. South of this small town is a street called Channel Road. Due to it's windy nature it has been nicknamed "Snake Road".

Legend has it that one night a woman was driving down Snake Road with her two young daughters, when she took one of the many curves of the road too fast and drove off the road and wound up crashing her car into the nearby Kings River. Unfortunately she was unable to unbuckle her seat belt and drowned at the site of the accident. Her children were able get free of the car, but the drowned a mile downstream. There have been reports of a woman crying and dressed in white walking down the windy road calling out to her lost children and if anyone approaches her she asks them if they have seen her children.

I had first heard of this story back in 2000, so one night several friends and I went to investigate the road for ourselves. Upon arriving at the road, we found it's nickname held true as the road was curved so much that the fastest we could go at a safe speed was 25 mph. We drove the road twice, hoping we would get lucky and actually see the woman, but we didn't see anything. Not sure what to do next, we decided to investigate a wooded part of the road at one of the curves hoping this could have been the location of the accident.

We entered the wooded area armed with flashlights, cameras, a camcorder, and an EMF detector. For those who don't know an EMF meter detects changes in the electromagnetic field. There is a theory that ghosts can effect this field in some manner and the detector can show this. We were about twenty feet from the road, completely surrounded by trees when we started hearing footsteps behind us. They would follow us as we were walking but stop when we did. We called out to see if anyone was there, but got no answer. We continued to walk and the footsteps would continue. At this point we saw a strange light flashing in the distance and the EMF meter went off, signaling something was disrupting the magnetic field. We started snapping pictures, but all we got were the typical dust orbs.

At this point we weren't sure who or what was following us. We had come across a sign that said "Y2K Trail" with an arrow pointing towards an opening. So we weren't sure if it was some survivalist nut following us or the lady in white. We felt it was best we get out of there and proceeded to go back to our car. And to cap off a strange night, right at that moment a car sped by us at a fast pace and nearly drove off the road. Needless to say we got the hell out of there.

For several years I believed the story of Snake Road. That was until I came across a piece of Mexican folklore about a lady in white, or La Llorana. The story of her is similar to the one I heard about Snake Road. But this time the woman drowns her children and then distraught drowns herself. She can be seen walking the area where she drowned her children, crying and searching for her children. If anyone approaches the woman she proceeds to drown them as well.

Apparently this story is common throughout the southwest of America and even the Fresno area has another story similar to the Snake Road one. This time it's located on the San Joaquin River on the near the bridge for Hwy. 99. So now we have the same ghost haunting two locations. From what I read about La Llorona is that people would tell the story to prevent their children from going near bodies of water, presumably to keep them from entering the water and drowning.

But what was the strange light I saw that night? And what about the footsteps that were following us? Was it nothing more than some survivalist following us? Or was this story of the lady in white actually true? I may never know.

Last edited by Blackrain; 07-04-13 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-04-13, 07:58 AM
mrkim
Banned

Blackrain wow dude... you make me feel bad for just typing such a small comment. hehehehehe BUT I DO ENJOY THE READ....

Yes I do agree with you... seeing how most events are ending this summer... very very little events during fall and winter, a "haunted cruise" would be ideal. The sad true would be is that most people would rather do a meet and greet. Plus setting such a drive would require some research and lots of mapping from point A-G, that would be a headache all in itself, due to the fact that often most haunted places are pretty far from each other.

Aside from all of that jibber jabber... There was a story of the "white lady/ lady in white" on hwy 17, the ghost of hwy 152 or 156.... hwy 1 is most recent for me, due to the fact it came from my friend who had to patrol that area.
Old 07-04-13, 05:04 PM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrkim
Blackrain wow dude... you make me feel bad for just typing such a small comment. hehehehehe BUT I DO ENJOY THE READ....

Yes I do agree with you... seeing how most events are ending this summer... very very little events during fall and winter, a "haunted cruise" would be ideal. The sad true would be is that most people would rather do a meet and greet. Plus setting such a drive would require some research and lots of mapping from point A-G, that would be a headache all in itself, due to the fact that often most haunted places are pretty far from each other.

Aside from all of that jibber jabber... There was a story of the "white lady/ lady in white" on hwy 17, the ghost of hwy 152 or 156.... hwy 1 is most recent for me, due to the fact it came from my friend who had to patrol that area.
Highway ghost always interest me the most. Reminds me of what I saw with my then newly engaged wife. We left the Costco in Bakersfield driving north bound on hwy 99 , heading to wasco. A small exit name kimberlina rd ( if you been to famoso dragstrip you have seen this road off the 99). It was 9:30-50pm, we exit made a left going on the over pass, as we descend I notice a girl or what I assume a girl standing in a prom like dress, and it was white ( wonder if that's a norm). I looked in amazement because she had no legs and yet standing ( imagine dress float in air). Her face, we'll what face . She had none, just smooth surface no eyes, mouth, or nose. I turn around to see off anyone seeing this, I see my wife just in shock. After I could talk I said,I just saw the craziest thing. My wife said yes she did as well. Not to pollute our mind or have any suggestions that could comprise what we saw. I told her to draw what she saw and I do the same. It was the same thing.
Old 07-05-13, 09:29 PM
inno
Rookie

I'm in for the Haunted Cruise. It should include Hellyer House.

Who's planning it?

Quick Reply: Real haunted house (Senter & Hellyer)