Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Air Suspension installation shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-12, 01:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
You're missing the point again flipside so I'll try one more time to copy and paste:

"Objective of the thread as articulated MULTIPLE times: As a paying customer I am attempting to do my due diligence and get some type of competitive analysis prior to pulling the trigger. Opinions that my shop of reference (which I got from THIS forum) isn't competent is COMPLETELY irrelevant to me."

I gathered far earlier in the thread that you all beleive $500 is a good deal. Thank you for that. Anything opinion beyond that is not adding value to me, and considered by many "Thread Crapping".

Mr. Eclan, its very simple. Nothing is thread crapping when we're all talking about the same subject and giving our experiences an opinions. Sorry if the truth hurts.

FACT: You got a quote for $500 - great deal.

FACT: A good clean install can range you from $700 and above depending on how advanced or how complex the installation is.

You posted a figure $400. Is this reasonable? NO.

And thank you for the amusement, I am glad that these discussions are something that you allocate time during your lunch for.
You're welcome. I do my part to inform and educate the community. It's up to you to value what we have to tell you. Many have already expressed the facts here as many of us have done the hard research. If you don't like the answer, maybe you should ask in another forum. I don't think you're going to get a better answer than what was already posted prior. You gotta pay to play.
Old 02-15-12, 01:12 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Alright Flipside, once again you are off-topic, and this is where my efforts dedicated to keeping this thread on track end. Thank you for all the constructive comments made.

You are misconstruing opinions for facts, and you have mispelled my last name, just a couple of your inaccuracies.

And to even bring up (lack of) finances around me is tribute to the fact that you don't know me. This is where the discussion switched from professional to junvinile. End of discussion.
Old 02-15-12, 01:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

No one has misconstrued the facts. We're discussing pertinent info with you Mr. Elcan. Nothing "juvenile" about discussing this topic. I don't think you will find a reputable shop to install an airbag suspension system for less than $500. Even $500 is too good to be true. Just stating facts as my profession is in the automotive repair field. It's not opinion.
Old 02-15-12, 01:33 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I invite all to re-read the entire thread and be amused by how flipside basically just re-stated something that I aknowledged multiple times.

I mantain, end of discussion. Pictures will be posted in this thread when install is done at a max of $500, I would be interested in some opinions after that.

Until then, per the intention of this thread, if anybody wants to compete for business please PM me, because I am now unsubcribed.
Old 02-15-12, 01:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Just for the record....

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
Just got a UAS kit for my 460, and will use it with my current coilovers.

Install shouldn't cost more than $400, but does anybody know of a reputable shop to get it done at?
Good luck Jason!
Old 02-15-12, 01:47 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$400!?

AirRunner corp quoted mine for $500 but not only am I an insider but they knew my set up intimately. Their usual price is $900 and the work and guarantee is better than anyone. Corp. Back up lol!

I cannot even begin to describe my nightmares for over a year on and off problems for going cheap on prices with Air Ride install and parts. It's never quite been right. Now I have to start from scratch. Don't be cheap cause most of the time you find it bites you later..

I would re-evaluate your budget. Make some friends in the industry. Have something to offer in return besides money like your car for shows I dunno. $400 is low balling some one that is gonna do a good job and take the time to do it right, but not for a good friend or some one that needs the money and is prob. working out of his garage. It's just a crit. of your thought process on your post. I mean you might get lucky. Good luck.

Last edited by infinirx; 02-15-12 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 02:19 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When you post pictures of completion, can you also let the community know where the installation was done at. Just in case someone wants to have there set-up done for less than $500. I am very interested....
Old 02-15-12, 02:23 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

I'll do it for that price. you have to provide everything

Last edited by Sffd103; 02-15-12 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 02:47 PM
tianh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Limitless Motorsports charges 500 for Air thats pretty good.. heard good things about them, you should do it.
Old 02-15-12, 04:40 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm gonna approach from a different direction. How much do you want to pay?
My stereo shop charges $90 an hour. I know it does take a long time do do it "RIGHT!" Not starting drama, just seeing what you want to pay. Is $500 too much?
Old 02-15-12, 05:18 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

How about this for THREAD CAPPING...

Instead of going on here and claiming Limitless Motorsport will do this for you for $500 BEFORE you even talked to the shop... how about u get an actual quote from the shop directly FIRST.

You sent an email to Limitless Motorsports stating your friend referred you over and said it was gonna cost $500 for a UAS install.

Why dont you post up the reply?

Limitless responded back that yes they can do a UAS install for you but you are looking at closer to $1000.

In the end.. its your car.. its your money.. So if your tactic to negotiating a cheaper price is to claim someone can do it for cheaper and hoping someone wants to beat that price.. Please do not list names of reputable shops that have never even quoted you those prices to begin with.

The reason why i say this is look at how something so small can be misunderstood. Some people responded back saying $500 is great deal.. Cool.. Some people immediately responded saying.. you get what you pay for... Is it fair that Limitless Motorsports is now all of a sudden known as a shop that does "u get what u pay for quality?"

Last edited by ISCjonny; 02-15-12 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 05:30 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

Also coming here as I was the one who reffered him to Limitless for install in NorCal.

I did say that Limitless said it would be $1000, not $550. and the local shop around my shops area (which will be unnamed as they are not apart of this conversation.) was quoting $550 as they are a newer shop and just trying to get their name out there.

So it seems that has been a misunderstanding between I and the customer about pricing, and Limitless was accidentally brought in. So please everyone, I stated to customer that local shop has previously quoted me for said price ($550), then I reffered him to Limitless Motorsports (Great shop to anyone in Norcal BTW.) let customer know Limitless said $1000. Looks like this was a giant mis-understanding inbetween the parties involved.

Last edited by SonicMotor; 02-15-12 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 06:03 PM
Drew@SonicMS
Former Sponsor

I understand that Sonic MS charges higher labor rates than your average tuner shop, but you also need to understand that we do things the right way, not the fastest way.

We don't install our lines under the car, with the potential of the lines snagging on something and resulting in a rupture

For example: taking apart the interior so we can route the lines through the car takes a lot more time than installing them poorly through the side skirts.

From my own personal experience as a former customer at Sonic MS, I can confidently say that we install air suspension properly. I had a set up installed by another shop up in NorCal that was a lot cheaper in terms of labor hours. However, I ran into problems on a weekly basis. After Sonic MS literally reinstalled all the components of my air suspension, I haven't had a single problem with my air suspension.

I hope this clears up any misconception about our "unfair" pricing. Our motto "Our pride, your joy" is an accurate representation of how we treat our customers. I think our customers on CL will agree that even though our pricing is slightly higher, our work is guaranteed and we take care of our customers after the work is done as well.

Sadly, we no longer have the time to offer air suspension installs to the public. However, we can definitely take care of the parts for you guys!
Old 02-15-12, 06:11 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, i leave for a bit and this thread gets blown up...

hope the OP gets his stuff installed ok

want to see another LS460 on bags in the area... so far i think there's only like 4 of us...
Old 02-15-12, 07:40 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

"Senior" Cary, I'm on bags too. Stock bags...lol

Quick Reply: Air Suspension installation shops