Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Bye bye front window tints

Old 12-24-10, 02:22 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Service @ Stevens Creek :

Below is the contact information for Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Department.

300 Martin Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 330-3000

www.lexusstevenscreek.com

Give them a call and ask to speak with Todd Rebhan, he is a service advisor. Tell him that Josh with the Silver / Black Lexus IS 350 referred you, ask him if he can set up an appointment for you to bring in your car for service, and if you can go over the car with him prior to the service appointment. Todd is a great guy, he will do a walk around to your car to make sure nothing is damaged, and he himself will personally drive your car into the service area. Also let him know that you want to do your service on the alighnment rack if you have an expensive body kit, and you do not want to risk cracking it on the other lifts. Todd will take care of you.

The best thing about lexus of stevens creek service department is that the alighnment rack is not raked in any direction, its a flat smooth drive on rack. There is also a large window in the waiting area, you can supervise the techs working on your car while your sitting back enjoying a free beverage. Out of all the service departments I have visited, stevens creek has been the best.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Josh V.

^ Was it an old white fat dude? Looks like this. Pics i took when i was workin the front gat at BLOX car event in fremont

Last edited by JoshIS408; 12-24-10 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-24-10, 05:28 PM
enrikito
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ from afar, he does kinda look like the one who pulled me over...
Old 12-24-10, 06:58 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Geeez Josh "Old Fat Dude?" He's like late 40's and he's huge! Tall, not fat and round!! You're funny dude!
Old 12-25-10, 12:35 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I've always heard of this infamous Rosetti bike cop, but I guess I am lucky enough I never had a run in with him. Milpitas cops are known to be very ****. I've never been pulled over for fix it items (front tint, no front plate, exhaust) on my Lexus, and I live about 2 lights away from the MPD. When I had a Honda, I did get pulled over for my Greddy SP axle-back exhaust in Milpitas. It's a 50 state legal exhaust and I was still sent to state ref for it. When I went there, the tech just shook his head.
Old 12-26-10, 10:50 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like some anti riced-out car action of a few police offficers .
Old 12-26-10, 05:46 PM
IS250Kevin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeee mr. tint ftw. i've had so many tint things done by them, if there's any issue with the cops they'll take it off for you hassle free.
Old 12-27-10, 02:41 AM
dkhuynh
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS250Kevin
yeee mr. tint ftw. i've had so many tint things done by them, if there's any issue with the cops they'll take it off for you hassle free.
thats good to know, do they offer a discount to get them retinted afterwards?
Old 12-30-10, 01:07 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yesterday I saw 3 San Jose cops with nothing better to do than patrol the Saratoga Ave ramp for southbound 280. 1 motorcycle cop did the spotting, 2 other cops pulled over culprits and cited them. Looks like they were all front plate violations. Obviously running without a front plate in CA is becoming more hassle than it's worth. I've been running front plates on all my cars for over a year now.
Old 01-05-11, 05:47 PM
dkhuynh
Rookie

i been front plateless since '01. only got caught once and that was in a civic way in the days. *knock on wood
Old 01-06-11, 08:18 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Service @ Stevens Creek :

Below is the contact information for Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Department.

300 Martin Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 330-3000

www.lexusstevenscreek.com

Give them a call and ask to speak with Todd Rebhan, he is a service advisor. Tell him that Josh with the Silver / Black Lexus IS 350 referred you, ask him if he can set up an appointment for you to bring in your car for service, and if you can go over the car with him prior to the service appointment. Todd is a great guy, he will do a walk around to your car to make sure nothing is damaged, and he himself will personally drive your car into the service area. Also let him know that you want to do your service on the alighnment rack if you have an expensive body kit, and you do not want to risk cracking it on the other lifts. Todd will take care of you.

The best thing about lexus of stevens creek service department is that the alighnment rack is not raked in any direction, its a flat smooth drive on rack. There is also a large window in the waiting area, you can supervise the techs working on your car while your sitting back enjoying a free beverage. Out of all the service departments I have visited, stevens creek has been the best.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Josh V.
My warranty expired back in August/September and I wanted to get some TSIB's done but I never had the time during then to go in to get them done. You think I could ask for Todd to help me out?
Old 01-13-11, 09:18 AM
HighImStan
Pole Position

Took off the tints myself this morning with a razor and Windex. Big thanks to MiiK350 for showing me this so I can save a few bucks
Attached Thumbnails Bye bye front window tints-imag0545.jpg   Bye bye front window tints-imag0544.jpg  
Old 01-13-11, 09:21 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Stuff looks too dark, just a cop magnet. Better off in the trash bin.
Old 01-28-11, 05:26 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

I'm glad i don't drive through Fremont. The police in Menlo Park don't bother me at all....although i agree i think our cars being Lexus sometimes get a pass. I'm running stock for know so I'm sure i'll have a problem after i modify bit more.
Old 11-02-12, 11:39 AM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sigh, co-signed.
Front tints and plate
Old 11-02-12, 06:22 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by don
Sigh, co-signed.
Front tints and plate
In San Jose? Damn got me worried now I thought they have been lenient.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bye bye front window tints