Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Going to SF...suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 02:04 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Going to SF...suggestions??

ok so I broke up with my GF and need some time to think to heal so my buddies and I are thinking of driving to SF from Vancouver. Yeah long drive, but I'm sure it's going to be fun.

question...

what is there to do there? places, events, things to do will be much appreciated

Last edited by Kaydee; 08-13-09 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 03:42 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take a ferry to the prison...take tours around sf u can rent go karts or the i forgot the name with the two wheels and they take u around sf...go to golden gate bridge rent bikes. visit wine country wine tasting... ummm...take a tour of sfsu....clubs. everywhere..
italian town... japan town... china town for cheap stuff.... ummm twin peaks for a high view......... hahha i think thats enough....
Old 08-13-09, 11:48 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the SF bay area and have been to Vancouver. From what I can tell you Vancouver is a bit similar to the SF bay area except much more lush. You skip Golden Gate Park in SF it's like Stanley park but not as nice, but do visit the Golden Gate bridge. Visit Alcatraz. Skip Chinatown, your Chinatown is much nicer and cleaner unless you want to visit an older more authentic Chinese gritty ghetto. Don't go for seafood here since it's cheaper and better quality up in Vancouver and don't go for Chinese food for the same reasons. Go ride the cable cars the tourist love them and take some pictures of all our steep crazy hills. Visit lombard street it's kinda cool and coit tower, the Castro to see the gay's, Head over to the Mission district since you guys don't really have any hispanics up there. Japan town has a new shopping plaza opening this weekend should be some crazy stuff there, and if you're in the mood for some adventure you can head over to the tenderloin district but lately it's been cleaned up by the Viets so alternatively you can go to Oakland nearby but I would only visit there during the daytime if you know what I mean. lol
Old 08-13-09, 12:28 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you need a trip to Vegas, not SF! haha

Taking a ferry to a prison in SF = wrong on many levels...
Old 08-13-09, 12:38 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He just broke up with his GF. I don't think their plan is to drive down to SF to checkout a bright orange bridge and an old prison that smells like
p!ss.

I suggest you guys go directly to Broadway!! Smells like p!ss as well but at least it has a better view. Pickup couple of flyers from the promoters and take it from there. In no time you will forget about your ex, or at least until you get back to Vancouver.
Old 08-13-09, 12:54 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just broke up with the GF?

The Castro.

Yup. The Castro.
Old 08-13-09, 01:50 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

LOL phil

anywhoo, while you're already down here, you might as well visit all those places even if there are similarities/or are not as good as the ones found in Canada.
Old 08-13-09, 03:29 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang.. if u wanna rolll that way there is alot of massage/hotel hooker areas in sf still there all in the down low i havent been there myself but i heard my coworkers go alot lol i think they said it was $100
Old 08-13-09, 03:59 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sonoma and Napa Valley for some wine tasting is always fun. There are a lot of great places to grab a bite to eat. Just venture out and you'll find something interesting to do.
Old 08-13-09, 11:26 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Golden Gate Bridge, Cable Car, Union square.....
Old 08-14-09, 01:09 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

lol yeah broke up with GF...just need some time to take things off my mind. I would go to LV but those days with the GF has left me broke, so LV next year...maybe

good suggestions, keep them coming...I almost forgot making this thread and dide even check it til now haha
Old 08-14-09, 01:09 AM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Initial G
Sonoma and Napa Valley for some wine tasting is always fun. There are a lot of great places to grab a bite to eat. Just venture out and you'll find something interesting to do.
don't go to sonoma for wine, go to sonoma for infineon raceway.

foodwise in SF, head on over to Roxie's sandwiches and Mitchell's Ice Cream. places that have been here 20+ years.
Old 08-14-09, 02:35 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Two words, Mitchell Brothers.
Old 08-14-09, 10:49 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Two words, Mitchell Brothers.
+1

We need pictures to help him....

1) A place a good friend will take you after he just found out you broke up with your GF...

2) A place a good friend who wants to get with you after he found out you just broke up with your GF...

http://myphotoscout.files.wordpress....-cable-car.jpg
Old 08-14-09, 11:27 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

take the pho challenge at pho garden

Quick Reply: Going to SF...suggestions??