Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Best ClearBra Place in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 01:03 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much do they charge?
Old 04-17-08, 01:06 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CthruIS350
on the LS460, full kit costed:
$790 (partial hood and template bumper)
+$290 if you custom bumper wrap
+$375 for full hood

again, this is on a LS460 and has larger surface than most cars.
my prices to not represent premier's exact prices but is what i paid for the specific vehicle at that specific time.

regards.
Its about the same for the 2IS
Premier pricing:
I think its 690 +300(Full hood)

Thats for a standard kit+ full hood

--
I got my clear bra for = 750 for full hood and standard kit.
Old 04-17-08, 03:08 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

If using standard kit, you can use any shop as long as the installation is properly done. Standard kit is using some computer templates and the outcome is good enough but not perfect.

Premier's gem is its custom trim from bulk that they wrap around the edge so the job is seamless. It will be much easier to clean and wax it.

BTW, clearbra material will need minimum 1 time hand waxing job per month, and best to park in-door only, or it will not last long.

Good luck with your shopping,
Joseph

Last edited by josephdoc; 04-17-08 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 08:18 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I asked my local tuner store mach III and i got quoted $600 installed for clear bra for front bumper, partial hood, fender, and mirrors.
Old 04-19-08, 08:21 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Damn, so i'm lookin' at spendin' $500ish for the whole hook and front bumper? That's hella $, lol
Old 04-19-08, 08:36 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

aerotect does it for a fair price. but they are in socal ]=
Old 04-21-08, 01:19 AM
EmRos
Rookie

I've done comparisons on quite a few so called "reputable companies", including Aerotect and Omega, in person, and none stands up to the work that Premier does. As Josephdoc mentioned, their custom work is unmatched. Everyone whose seen my car have raves about the work. They def get my vote.

Last edited by EmRos; 04-21-08 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-21-08, 07:24 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n8236
Damn, so i'm lookin' at spendin' $500ish for the whole hook and front bumper? That's hella $, lol
No it isn't much money, especially when it will cost you $500 just to repaint the hood and $300 to repaint the bumper and another $300 if the bumper has too much damage...plus its a waste of time to take it into the shop for a couple days...
Old 04-22-08, 05:37 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

would you guys just prefer to clear bra the front bumper and hood? I just can't shed out $700 for mirrors, fender, etc
Old 04-23-08, 09:49 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i think i would onyl do bumper and hood. side mirrors are rarely affected.

and i would also have to agree that this is borderline ridiculous amount of money spend on a clear plastic. lol. I mean, lets say i get into an accident...i would have to get the bumper re-bra-ed. I would also have to prove to the other insurance that i had a clear bra. arg, i can just think of the headaches.
Old 05-08-08, 03:46 PM
budissy
Driver School Candidate

Default Ok Just Got My ClearBra Put On.. (OMEGA REVIEW)

Went to Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA & here's my review:

Last time i was down in SoCal i almost went to Aerotect to get my ClearBra put on, but I decided to wait and well... I'm REALLY GLAD I DID! Omega did an amazing job on My IS350 -- not only is the work extremely "clean", but you can barely even tell I have anything on the car. The owner (goes by the name of "LuckiStryke" on this forum) is a real cool, real patient guy who's willing to put quality above quantity -- he didn't take any shortcuts and took his time to make sure that the bra turned out fantastic. I almost went w/ some other, "high volume" clear bra places (both in NorCal & SoCal), but after talking to a couple of users on this forum, I found out that although these places have made a name for themselves b/c of the fact that their owner's can do some good work, they've grown soo large that it's impossible for the owner's to do all of their jobs anymore, so they hire other, much less experienced people and train them to install clearbras so that they can pump out a large number of cars and make a lot of money -- problem is, if the owner's not the one doing your ride, then you don't know how much experience and/or how "good" the person is at installing these clearbra kits onto your precious ride.... so in essence, you're going to a place b/c they are "known" to do great install jobs but aren't guaranteed to get the installer on which this reputation is based. Anyways, for me that was a big chance that i wasn't willing to take. so, after calling around and doing a lot of research, i decided to go w/ Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA b/c, as many CL users can attest, they have a great reputation for doing excellent work, PLUS the owner's the only person doing the installs -- so you're guaranteed to get an amazing install job by an experienced clearbra expert! Anyways, their prices are very good -- especially for Northern Cali (don't know why everything is sooooo much more expensive down here). Another bonus is that if you say you're from ClubLexus, you'll get a great price! For my IS350, I got the whole front end done for $500, Headlights & Fogs were an additional $50, & since I had a custom front lip, I paid another $100... Therefore all in all it was $650 & I was extremely satisfied w/ the finished product! So if you're looking for a great clearbra installer in the bay area, I highly recommend Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA.

Let me know if you guys want me to post pics of the finished product.

Take care all!!

Last edited by budissy; 05-08-08 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-08-08, 05:16 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was this the whole hood, bumper, and fenders for $500??
Old 05-08-08, 05:40 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

I had a custom wrap done at Omega done for around $500. Recently we took our Nissan to Vince to have the Vertex front wrapped and it came out to about the same. After he wrapped it the first time we noticed that there was dust or dirt trapped under the bra so we took it back and he RE-WRAPPED the entire front free of charge. Highly recommended.
Old 05-08-08, 08:23 PM
budissy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cliffud
was this the whole hood, bumper, and fenders for $500??
It was the "standard" partial hood & fenders, whole front bumper, and side mirrors for $500... pretty good deal if I do say so!
Old 05-09-08, 03:24 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by budissy
It was the "standard" partial hood & fenders, whole front bumper, and side mirrors for $500... pretty good deal if I do say so!
yep, not bad.

Quick Reply: Best ClearBra Place in Bay Area?