Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Shop in Bay area to lower car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-07, 10:19 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop in Bay area to lower car?

Hey I have an IS 350 07 and I just recently bought some tein cs coilovers and the edfc. Anyone know of a good place in or around the bay area that does good installations? What's a good price range to get those both installed? thanx for any of your help.
Old 12-29-07, 11:08 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.exactmotorsports.com/
Old 12-29-07, 11:34 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto Innovations (Milpitas)

I highly recommend Auto Innovations (http://autoinnovations.com). Orlando and Steve are the owners and this shop has been around for years. They have the latest and greatest equipment. Customer satisfaction is top priority. Give them a call... Mention Garrick sent 'ya!
Old 12-29-07, 06:23 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

cool thanx for the replies. will try both places
Old 12-29-07, 07:33 PM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exact and Auto Innovations are just 2 minutes away from each other. But I know Exact will more than likely to refer you to Auto Innovations for the alignment after they install your suspension, if you decide to go with them.
Old 12-30-07, 01:36 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I live in Milpitas and all of my service gets done at EM. They are great! As for Auto Innovations.... well.... my impression (based on experience) is that they are more interested in working on STis and Evos.
Old 12-30-07, 04:20 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

exact
Old 12-30-07, 11:25 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

do you guys know how much this is gonna cost me? I plan on calling them on monday but I was just wondering if you have an estimate on the price for installing the springs and the edfc?
Old 12-31-07, 11:28 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DoHwan
do you guys know how much this is gonna cost me? I plan on calling them on monday but I was just wondering if you have an estimate on the price for installing the springs and the edfc?
EDFC install cost all depends on where the unit is installed. Some people want custom installs like me while others prefer more simple alternatives.

Sandy at Exact is more than happy to provide a quote, but again final cost of the EDFC depends on the location of the controller.

If you get more involved with local events like EOS and other LGWNorCal organized meets, you will have the priviledge to get discount coupons to several of the NorCal sponsored businesses like Exact. LGWNorCal handed out 20% labor discount coupons for Exact at the last EOS event. Do a search for EOS if you don't know anything about the history of that meet and other LGWNorCal organized events.

As commented earlier about Auto Innovations, I like Orlando and we have done business with him for 5 + years, but the support of Lexus given by Exact is more than what any other business has done in the entire Bay Area. Because of Exact's expertise in Lexus, fair pricing and support of NorCal Lexus members for the past 6 years, IMO they deserve to be our first choice in the South Bay.

As far as alignment of lowered cars the two most popular shops used by Nor Cal members is Custom Alignment as the Hi end shop (Not cheap, but expert work) and Tire Outlet on Alum Rock. Do a search for these two shops and hear what other members have been saying.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-31-07 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-31-07, 08:18 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ +1. Custom Alignment in Mt. View or Tire Outlet in San Jose is probably the 2 best choices. Joseph always has cool new JDM products to show you while you are waiting. Haha.
Old 01-01-08, 01:55 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

nice. thanx again. i will look those shops up when I get a chance. thanx for all your guys' help. really appreciate it.
Old 01-01-08, 02:12 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Well like everyone's said, Exact provides not only the best prices but the best service bar none. I would recommend them to anyone. They do a really great and timely job!
Old 01-03-08, 02:06 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy's shop is located in burlingame, CA. Penninsula Prime Motors. Not well known, but does a awesome job. Got my lip installed, Fixed my headlight leak, and my bumper. If you give them a call, tell them i told you. You'll get a discount =D
Old 01-03-08, 01:43 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

definitly go with EXACT with this one. Both Sandy and John are awesome people. I had my car lowered there and fenders rolled and they did the perfect job.
Old 01-08-08, 08:16 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

another question. sorry for all them questions but is 490 a good price for the installation of the tein cs coilovers and the edfc? or am I getting ripped off?

Quick Reply: Shop in Bay area to lower car?