Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Daizen steering bushings in stock at EM

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-07, 01:52 PM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Daizen steering bushings in stock at EM

Hi, GS owners, finally we got some more Daizen steering rack bushings in, please call to reserve for your car now.

We also have the control arm bushings in stock!!

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 06-30-07, 04:42 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't say enough about these bushings. Replacing them has nothing to do whether yours are worn or not. I have almost EVERY suspension mod available for the GS. All of them have made some level of improvement, but I will dare say this very low price mod should come before strut tower braces, Tom's braces or the steering EC mods.

Only sway bars and coilovers give a greater improvement than these bushings, but as far as bang for the buck, these bushings are it!!!!!

If you do a search in the GS section you should find some reviews on these bushings, so I won't elaborate any further.

You will also see that these bushings have been in HIGH DEMAND and have been out of stock throughout the country for months now.

Nice to hear Exact has them in stock once again.
Old 06-30-07, 05:10 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a set available for the SC I'll pick them up from you. Im pretty sure you are closed on Sunday. I'll PM you some more info. Im tired of having my steering wheel shift. I'll PM you some more info.
Old 07-03-07, 01:31 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Its really hard to put into words what these little bushings do for your car. If you're a simple person and want a simple answer, get them cuz at this price, its a no brainer mod.

Now if you're curious on my thoughts about these guys then read on. I will start this by saying that every suspension set up out there is different and there are more factors that go into your suspension setup than what most people will like to discuss. I look at the suspension as many pieces that come together to give you feel when you drive the car. Then when I say "what you feel" what the heck does that really mean? Seat of the pants, steering response, body lean, how fast you can go around a corner....so many different thing that really just come down to your own subjective view. I don't want to turn this into another TRD vs Daizen sway bar *****fest. So what the heck am I talking about? I guess I just want you to know where I'm coming from first and understand how I came to my conclusion that these steering rack bushings are one of the best mods you can do for your suspension.

What do I have on my car. Let me take you thru the transformation from stock to what I have right now. Starting with stock suspension and 17" stock rims/tires
1. H&R springs and bilstein shocks...lowered the car but it still felt floaty on the highway with a ton of lean when taking sharp turns
2. RMM front STB. Honestly, it didn't do much for me. Tiny bit better turn in response.
3. TRD sway bars. Yes they are stiffer than Daizen. Car is much flatter when cornering, but the suspension is still on the softer side. Still floaty on the freeway especially when going thru those elevation changes, the car will bounce for a bit.
4. Tom's rear STB. Turn in response is much quicker. The car felt flatter and more stable exiting a hard corner. Not much improvement with the floaty feel on the freeway.
5. Switched to 20" rims and tires. 245/35/20 Nitto 555. Ride was still comfortable but noticeably stiffer. You would feel more of the road imperfections but the ride wasn't jarring to me at all. With the lower profile tire, the steering response felt quicker especially when changing lanes on the freeway.
6. Switched to Tein HA coilovers. Floaty feel on the freeway was gone. Cornering is pretty much flat. Whatever was left of the soft cushy factory lexus feel was gone. Ride is much stiffer. Passengers start to complain that it doesn't feel like a luxury car anymore. Screw them tho cuz its my car. **Note** if you have a wife or a gf that rides with you a lot...go with the CS. By no means is this mean to offend any women here who are into modding and can appreciate a stiff ride, but those women are hard to find.
7. At this point, I had stopped modding the car and drove it daily for about 2 years. The car had vibrations and rattles all from putting at ton of miles on it and parts just reaching their life cycle.
8. At 90k the ball joints and lower control arm bushings went out on me. I replaced the ball joints and at the same time had the Daizen lower control arm bushings put in. Any vibration I felt with the car completely went away at this point. This was the best the car felt in two years.
9. Switch the wheel and tires to 18". Got a little bit of comfort back with the bigger sidewall tires. Ride quality was comparable to 20s and Tein CS. I only say that cuz I got to drive RMMGS4's car for about a hundred miles from Barstow to LA. His car at full stiff to mine at full soft....our cars drove very similar even though the setups were vastly different. The one thing that I felt with his car versus mine at that point was that I felt more precise control with his car. There was no steering play. If you want to go somewhere, just point the steering wheel in that direction. One thing that RMMGS4 just put on his car were these Daizen steering rack bushings. So for 100 miles I kept thinking to myself, is it due to these bushings that his car felt so good to drive or was it the other bars under the car he had that I didn't. But my coils and sway bars were much stiffer than his and I would like to think that they cancel out the TOMs lower chassis braces and 6 links to some extent. His car felt refined and mine felt sloppy....
10. So what the hell, nothing really to lose by having the steering rack bushing put in, plus at this price they are one of the cheapest mods I've done to the car. After driving on these for over a month now, I must say that the precise control that I felt driving RMMGS4's car was now present in my car. If I'm taking a big sweeping turn on the freeway at 75-80mph, I can decide if I want to stay in the center of the lane, if I want to take it close to the corner or wide. There that's much control now and the car is much more stable at high speeds. You can also make quick decisions with the steering wheel and right there with you with no lag whatsoever. I know I've written a lot of words here but none of it can really capture how these bushings feel on a modded car. It puts a smile on my face everytime I drive the car hard.

So there, I whole-heartedly endorse these things. If your suspension is modded then I believe you will experience some of what I felt with this mod with your setup. However, I do worry that if your car is closer to stock, this mod alone will not make your GS handle like a sports car. Its hard to say and I'm only speculating at best. Everything I've told you is from my own account and experience of driving a modded GS. I haven't driven a stock or near stock suspension GS for over 4 yrs now. Actually it would be good information to hear how these bushings feel on a lightly modded GS if anyone out there has that situation. But remember the suspension is system of parts. This is just one piece and by no means is it a mod to end all mods with the suspension.

Whoa what a long post...forgive me, I haven't posted in years...

Last edited by jawnthen; 07-03-07 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-05-07, 02:41 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'll be talking to John and Sandy soon. He He!!
Old 07-05-07, 09:26 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

I just had them install mine on Tuesday

However, I'm still deciding if they made a difference or not. Might be because my car is still so young (mileage wise)
Old 07-05-07, 01:07 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrurmil
I just had them install mine on Tuesday

Might be because my car is still so young (mileage wise)
You would still see some level improvement as there should be an improvement even on a brand new car, it's just that older cars will notice more of a difference.

Contact me through our "usual" channel and I will tell you what to look for, in order to see if you can tell the difference.
Old 07-05-07, 11:27 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i really need to talk to John ASAP about my front rubbing at above 70miles on the freeway on road dips. Ive tried shaving my fendertrimmings and it didnt help....
Old 07-05-07, 11:33 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

heatgun & a wet towel....push up your inner liner....if you need more instructions do a search.

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
i really need to talk to John ASAP about my front rubbing at above 70miles on the freeway on road dips. Ive tried shaving my fendertrimmings and it didnt help....
Old 07-07-07, 02:14 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
Fender or that black fender trimming? Try removing the black fender trimming and then shaving the actual fender. A heatgun can be bought for $15-$20 at Kragen's or PepBoys.
Old 07-07-07, 02:19 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I can't say enough about these bushings. Replacing them has nothing to do whether yours are worn or not. I have almost EVERY suspension mod available for the GS. All of them have made some level of improvement, but I will dare say this very low price mod should come before strut tower braces, Tom's braces or the steering EC mods.
Sold!!! I'm going to Exact tomorrow, or shall I say.... today at noon to get the Daizen SR bushings installed.
Old 07-07-07, 10:54 AM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I installed my steering rack bushings a while back, along with sway bar bushings... very happy with everything! Awesome cheap mod!!
Old 07-07-07, 11:31 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RTGS400
I installed my steering rack bushings a while back, along with sway bar bushings... very happy with everything! Awesome cheap mod!!

Hey Ryan,
I guess your back from your honeymoon.
Sorry to be off topic, but my boy just got married and should be expecting a little Ryan soon. LOL
Old 07-07-07, 11:47 AM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Hey Ryan,
I guess your back from your honeymoon.
Sorry to be off topic, but my boy just got married and should be expecting a little Ryan soon. LOL
Haha, yeah im back now Aww.. a little Ryan.. Im sure we and the wife will be tryin for that soon. We'll see
Old 07-08-07, 03:19 PM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

i'll be giving you guys a call for the bushings. Will probaly have you guys install my suspension at the same time.

Quick Reply: Daizen steering bushings in stock at EM