Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 12:48 PM
cabelaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service needed. Where??

I have owned my 2000 LS400 for about 6 months. An icon has appeared on the panel, and I need to get service. Any suggestions on a place in Sacramento?

When I first posted re service, I was concerned about a Check Engine light. I decided to pay $10 to Lexus of Sacramento for a diagnosis. The problem was a faulty gasket in the gas cap. They replaced the gasket, included in the diagnosis fee. Since I have 88K miles, I asked for an estimate to do the 90K service.

He quoted two services. One would be the 30K fluids and filters, at a cost of $480-$490, and the other would be to replace the timing belt, spark plugs and water pump. He felt you should replace the pump, as the bearings wear out. That would cost me $1100.

I have talked to Dave at Toyotos Only Service. He quoted $787 for timing belt, plugs, and an inspection of the water pump bearings and leaks. I await a call back re fluids and filters.

I will still check on Exact Motorsports. Any other suggestions, anyone?

Last edited by cabelaw; 06-03-06 at 02:47 PM. Reason: revise
Old 05-23-06, 08:24 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

What does the Icon look like?

Moving this to the Norcal forum. Im sure the helpful guys of Norcal forum will be able to help you.
Old 05-23-06, 08:27 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For service probably Lexus of Sac or Lexus of Roseville. If you want a 60/90/120K service, I would drive a hour or two to Exact Motorsports.
Old 05-23-06, 09:21 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Default What Does Exact Motorsport Do?

SVT5150

hm, can you tell me what exactly they do? I've never been there and I thought they're just selling aftermarket parts/ tuner parts. but you mentioned 60/90/120?
Old 05-23-06, 09:38 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Mike,

Exact will do regular maintanance too. Several norcal members get thier cars serviced there.
Old 05-23-06, 10:49 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They can do it all. Routine service or mods... Your choice and your money!
Old 05-23-06, 11:28 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Hey Mike,

Exact will do regular maintanance too. Several norcal members get thier cars serviced there.
Yup, from oil changes to routine maintenance, to aftermarket mods and installs...they pretty much doing everything
Old 05-23-06, 11:50 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Thanks guys!
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'll do. My car is brand new and so the natural tendency is to take the car to the dealer for all services. But I just browsed through the "maintenance" threads and found that some people take it to Toyota for regular oil change to save $$ and then to Lexus for the major services. I see that major services aren't cheap...someone mentioned $800+ for a 60K service... OUCH!
for those who's been going to Exact, how do you guys like it?

what do you guys suggest?
Old 05-24-06, 12:06 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbymike
Thanks guys!
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'll do. My car is brand new and so the natural tendency is to take the car to the dealer for all services. But I just browsed through the "maintenance" threads and found that some people take it to Toyota for regular oil change to save $$ and then to Lexus for the major services. I see that major services aren't cheap...someone mentioned $800+ for a 60K service... OUCH!
for those who's been going to Exact, how do you guys like it?

what do you guys suggest?
Mike, you haven't read any of the recent posts about Exact? How about the Exact meet we just had on Saturday or the 20% discount on service that everyone got who attended?

If you attended the meet you would of seen the display of cars with signs posted of all the work performed by Exact from, suspension, performance mods to 30/60/90 service. With the discount coupon, 30k service is like $400 including spark plug change which the dealer doesn't include in their 30k service.

Exact has been doing a majority of local members cars for over 5 years now and at the meet, a bunch of members chipped in to award them with an appreciation plaque for all the good work they've done over the years. There's a post on that topic as well.

Hopefully everything I've said is an indication to you of what a lot of people think about Exact.

Please do a search for Exact or read recent posts in the NorCal section if you want to do more reserch on the topic. There's a lot of valuable information here and most of the questions about Exact , have probably been answered on other similar thread topics.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-24-06 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-24-06, 12:27 AM
chubbymike
Driver

Thanks RMMGS4. yeah, i'm new and unfortuantely, have not had a chance to browse through a lot of the threads. give me some time, i'm trying. and yes, i did see and knew about the exact meet, but i had to work so i couldn't go. as i said earlier, i thought they were more of modding cars, didn't know that they do regular services too. but now i know! thanks!
my car won't need any services for a while, but i'm doing my research early :P
Old 05-24-06, 12:32 AM
RMMGS4

Thanks RMMGS4. yeah, i'm new and unfortuantely, have not had a chance to browse through a lot of the threads. give me some time, i'm trying. and yes, i did see and knew about the exact meet, but i had to work so i couldn't go. as i said earlier, i thought they were more of modding cars, didn't know that they do regular services too. but now i know! thanks!

No prob if you could't make it. Doesn't sound like you'll need any service soon. Once, maybe twice a year Exact hands out discount coupons, so a lot of veteran members are all over attending those meets.

If you want any performance work done, such as suspension or engine work, the discount coupon is good for that as well. Again, it's funny, but a lot of modding goes on just around the date that the coupon expires.

Take a look at the 2006 meet schedule for future meets. This way you can plan your availability ahead of time.
Old 05-24-06, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

just keep in mind that your 5k service should be free, so take advantage of that at the dealership

although it's nothing more than oil change and tire rotation (if applicable)
Old 05-24-06, 09:50 AM
cabelaw
Driver School Candidate

Where is Exact Motorsports?

Oh, as I recall, the icon on my panel was an engine, gold in color.
Old 05-24-06, 09:55 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cabelaw

907 Hanson Ct.
Milpitas, CA 95035
Old 05-24-06, 10:14 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by cabelaw

Sounds like a check engine light, which could be a number of different things.

Exact has the analyzer to plug into your car to tell you specifically where the problem area is.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.