Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

IS Meet In SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 01:11 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeman3
LiqrSicc, Pls do join us. All CL members are welcome regardless of model car, stock or not. Don't worry, I'll be floating behind the pack and bringing up the rear so I think you won't be the only one lagging along. I'm sure we wil take our time so that no one is left behind.
Ok, will definately be there. I guess Ill have to sacrifice the alcohol saturday night so I can make it on time. Where are all the RX3s am I the only one?!
Old 07-25-06, 03:10 PM
menech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You 350 drivers slow down for us non 350 drivers. We all don't have 306hp at our disposal ahemm menech, we all can't corner like you. HAHAHAHAH
I'm a very well mannered driver with a light foot that puts emphasis on fuel economy. I have been doing my part in helping California out during the heat wave by fully supporting the "Save the Air" days by keep the car under 100mph during the most congested highway driving periods.
Old 07-25-06, 03:18 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks that I will be able to make it to this meet. I figured I should go since I started the thread. Judging from everyones post, it looks that I'm the only 250 to show up. Is that correct? Anyway, the only mods I've done so far is 6000K HIDs and 4750K halogen fogs. I don't plan to add anything that will make it zoom. Hope to see some nice rims so I can get an idea how they look in person. So far, I've only seen pics. I'll see everyone there.

Last edited by Flipsonic; 07-25-06 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-25-06, 05:12 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

there might be other 250s... im not sure.... there might be some last minute peeps joining as usual

i still need to do the HID mod.... im sure you can give us some tips! =]
Old 07-25-06, 05:35 PM
theEND
Driver School Candidate

Sweet I'm there.
Old 07-25-06, 05:38 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech
8. optical_X
9. theEnd
------------
NON-2IS
------------
1. Teeman, Host
2. JYGS430
3. madness
4. liqr
Old 07-25-06, 09:32 PM
madness
Pole Position

Wow I'm impressed you know how to keep your car under 100mph. I'm glad you are sparing the air. I'm glad your doing your part from keeping california from having rolling black outs. BTW I bought the Hard drive today.

Everyone please spare the air! I will be trading my IS soon for an insight, I hope my insight will be allowed to go on the curise.

Originally Posted by menech
I'm a very well mannered driver with a light foot that puts emphasis on fuel economy. I have been doing my part in helping California out during the heat wave by fully supporting the "Save the Air" days by keep the car under 100mph during the most congested highway driving periods.
Old 07-25-06, 10:14 PM
theEND
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
It looks that I will be able to make it to this meet. I figured I should go since I started the thread. Judging from everyones post, it looks that I'm the only 250 to show up. Is that correct? Anyway, the only mods I've done so far is 6000K HIDs and 4750K halogen fogs. I don't plan to add anything that will make it zoom. Hope to see some nice rims so I can get an idea how they look in person. So far, I've only seen pics. I'll see everyone there.
Don't worry you're not alone

BTW I want to check out your HID setup in person. This will probably be my first mod on the car
Old 07-25-06, 11:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Come on guys! If the SoCal guys can gather 30+ brand new 2nd Gen IS' to just one meet, you guys can do it too!!!
Old 07-25-06, 11:53 PM
jacattack
Driver School Candidate

This sounds like a lot of fun, would be awesome to see all the different 2IS's together in one place. I'm trying to get my clearbra installed this week and if I do, I'll make it out for the meet. Don't want to be taking those mountain roads without the protection! I've been avoiding freeways as much as possible too which has been killing me. I'll let you guys know by the end of the week whether I can make it or not.

-Jax
Old 07-25-06, 11:55 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

come on out jax! LiqrSicc will block the rocks in his RX for you =P jk jk....

where are you getting your bra at?
Old 07-26-06, 12:11 AM
jacattack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by imaputz
come on out jax! LiqrSicc will block the rocks in his RX for you =P jk jk....

where are you getting your bra at?
LOL, sweet, thanks for volunteering LiqrSicc! haha

I'm getting my bra done at Force Field in San Jose, the guy's been on vacation but will be back this week so I'm hoping to get an appt with him soon. I know most folks on this forum have recommended premier but I've had 2 buddy's go to Force Field and I've seen the work so I at least know it's a quality install. Hopefully I can get it done this week!
Old 07-26-06, 01:15 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lol I didnt know I volunteered, since I just barely got my RX back from the body shop 3 weeks ago. Anyways I'll be the slowest one in the back weighed down by the heavy rims and 3 passengers!
Old 07-26-06, 07:38 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by imaputz
there might be other 250s... im not sure.... there might be some last minute peeps joining as usual

i still need to do the HID mod.... im sure you can give us some tips! =]
Sure. I may have to charge a consultation fee j/k . But I can only speak for the brand I installed. I don't know how hard/easy the others are to install.
Old 07-26-06, 07:41 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by theEND
Don't worry you're not alone

BTW I want to check out your HID setup in person. This will probably be my first mod on the car
Sure. If you're handy, it shouldn't be a problem to install it yourself.

Quick Reply: IS Meet In SF Bay Area?