Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

IS Meet In SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 01:20 PM
hguy4x
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
Chubbymike,
I need a central meeting location in P.A. like Starbucks Coffee where everyone will show up, get some coffee and proceed to the start of the Cruise in P.A.

EVERYONE: I will be providing FREE Crispy Creme Donuts (or something less fattening) at the Central meeting location.

NOTE: We will have a light snack and coffee before the start of the cruise.
Afterwards, you may leave at your own will or hang out w// others and have lunch or something.
The meet will roughly last a couple of hours from (10am-noonish or 1pm) depending on frequent stops and photo ops along the way. The Cruise itself will last about 1 hour. You may leave at any time if you wish.

Again, this is a "Sunday Fun Drive" and we are not here to race or create a major scene to the public or the natural habitat surroundings of our local backroads before, during and after the cruise. Please obey local/highway speed signs/limits, animals and pedestrians along the way.

if you have not been to a regualr "cruise meet" or any CL "mini-meet" this year or in the past, this would be a perfect opportunity to get your feet wet, meet other members and get a heads up on future CL news/meets/info. Cruise meets are fun and provides the enjoyment and pleasure of giving you the "driving experience" of you, the car and the natural surroundings. After your first meet, every other meet will be unique and memorable to you.

Thanks for your cooperation. teeman3
There's a Starbucks that's pretty close to Page Mill (start of the drive) on El Camino - maybe a 5 minute drive from Page Mill, parking isn't as cramp as there's a fairly big parking lot right next to it and plenty of parking on the street.

4131 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, California 94306

Plus its like two blocks away from where i live.. haha I can take pictures of it if you guys like.
Old 07-19-06, 02:43 PM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

I have the JICs on and might have my rims by then. Prob wouldnt have the rims on for the drive though even if I had them, I think the tires are just too skinny for some spirited driving.
Old 07-19-06, 02:45 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wolverine
I might have coilovers on by that time but no rims yet....
This would be a perfect time to test them out.
Old 07-19-06, 07:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imaputz
the only person i know that is pretty modded is LADYNRED... she has a very nice car with the LMS exhaust, eibach springs, ground effects kit, and probably many more since I last seen her car. Hopefully she will make a showing
Don't be surprised if she'a a no sho.

With EOS nearing , this is the time of the summer where people go in to hiding. You can bet many members such as LDYNRED will be prepping their cars in order to debut their latest mods in time for EOS.

I've seen some members plan their whole mod schedule around the target EOS date.
Old 07-19-06, 08:24 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Don't be surprised if she'a a no sho.

With EOS nearing , this is the time of the summer where people go in to hiding. You can bet many members such as LDYNRED will be prepping their cars in order to debut their latest mods in time for EOS.

I've seen some members plan their whole mod schedule around the target EOS date.
hahaa.. thats too hardcore for me... but im looking forward to seeing what she has under her sleeves

thanks tee for the treats

SIGNUP LIST:

1. wolverine
2. putz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (?)
Old 07-19-06, 10:31 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Default Meeting Location

Originally Posted by hguy4x
There's a Starbucks that's pretty close to Page Mill (start of the drive) on El Camino - maybe a 5 minute drive from Page Mill, parking isn't as cramp as there's a fairly big parking lot right next to it and plenty of parking on the street.

4131 El Camino Real

Ha ha Hguy4x, I was just thinking of the same location. I literally live right down the block from there! Teeman3, I think this would be a good place to meet since there's a starbucks right there and people can park NEXT DOOR at Tofu House. For those not familiar w/ the area, it's very close to Fuki Sushi. if still not sure, go to mapquest. But it's on El Camino b/w Pagemill/ oregeon expressway and Charleston/Arastradero

So here's the meeting place:
Starbucks
4131 El Camino Real

For those who want a map ( I don't have the modified map of the shortened route) send me a PM and your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.

But basically, it's a very straight forward drive. Here's a description:

1. go up pagemill (good uphill twisties)
2. rt turn on Skyline Blvd (hwy 35?)-- pretty straight. speed limit is ~50 (but people usually go faster)
3. once on Skyline Blvd, stop for some photos
4. keep going past Woodside (hwy 84) until you see Kings Moutain Road for some intensive downhill twisties!
5. Rt. on Kings Moutain Road and you will end up on Woodside Road (Hwy 84) again.
6. Make Left on Woodside road
7. We'll end up in downtown Woodside and we'll pick a place to end the meet there. probably another Starbucks!

The drive shouldn't take over an hour....probably less. but it's quite fun.
Old 07-19-06, 11:21 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Cool Getting called out!

This is on the 30th right? I think I might be able to swing by. Nothing new since BOS. Haven't even washed the car since then. I still have the number on the windshield .
But RMMGS4 is right...the mods have to be planned strategically around this time. Fortunately i don't plan on doing anything else major on the car. Still waiting for some other aftermarket parts to become available.
See ya on the 30th!
Old 07-20-06, 10:05 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TITLE: 2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside)

DATE: Sunday, 7/30/06 @ 10-noon

CENTRAL MEETING POINT: Starbucks
4131 El Camino Real

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ate=ca&zipcode=

***Starbucks is a good place to meet since there's a starbucks right there and people can park NEXT DOOR at Tofu House. For those not familiar w/ the area, it's very close to Fuki Sushi. if still not sure, go to mapquest. But it's on El Camino b/w Pagemill/ oregeon expressway and Charleston/Arastradero.***

***PLEASE plan to arrive at Starbucks 10:00AM sharp. We will have a light snack and coffee for 15-20 min. and will start the Cruise route at 10:25AM. If you arrive late, you may be able to catch us thru the route (see Cruise route details below)***

**The actual start and end time for the cruise route will take approx. 1 hour. After that you may leave or hangout in Woodside if you wish.***

**Please bring a camera if you have one. there will be several photo ops along the way. Also, bring a walkie talkie, if possible. This will help us to keep the convoy together and not lose anyone w/ STOP and traffic lights/signs.***

------------------------------------
CRUISE ROUTE DETAILS
2. rt turn on Skyline Blvd (hwy 35?)-- pretty straight. speed limit is ~50 (but people usually go faster)
4. keep going past Woodside (hwy 84) until you see Kings Moutain Road for some intensive downhill twisties!
5. Rt. on Kings Moutain Road and you will end up on Woodside Road (Hwy 84) again.
7. We'll end up in downtown Woodside and we'll pick a place to end the meet there. probably another Starbucks!

------------------------------------------------------
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ATTEND?
1. Free Crispy Creme Donuts (or something similar less fattening)
2. Free CL sticker (if you don't already have one)
3. See others' 2IS rides
4. Experience the majestic natural beauty of Santa Clara/San Mateo County backroads
5. Another excuse to get out of the house.

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred

------------------------
NON-2IS SIGNUP
------------------------
1. Yours Truly, The Host.

P.S. Flipsonic, can you do me a favor? Can you copy the contents above and paste it into the beginning of your thread (page 1) and change the title to the following:

"2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside) 7/30/06 @ 10am-noon"

thanks...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 07-20-06 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-20-06, 10:30 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeman3
P.S. Flipsonic, can you do me a favor? Can you copy the contents above and paste it into the beginning of your thread (page 1) and change the title to the following:

"2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside) 7/30/06 @ 10am-noon"

thanks...teeman3
Ok, done. However, I couldn't change the title of the original thread. Let me know if there's a way.
Old 07-20-06, 10:37 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Click the first Post link to see the meet info.

TITLE: 2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside)

DATE: Sunday, 7/30/06 @ 10-noon

CENTRAL MEETING POINT: Starbucks
4131 El Camino Real

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ate=ca&zipcode=

***Starbucks is a good place to meet since there's a starbucks right there and people can park NEXT DOOR at Tofu House. For those not familiar w/ the area, it's very close to Fuki Sushi. if still not sure, go to mapquest. But it's on El Camino b/w Pagemill/ oregeon expressway and Charleston/Arastradero.***

***PLEASE plan to arrive at Starbucks 10:00AM sharp. We will have a light snack and coffee for 15-20 min. and will start the Cruise route at 10:25AM. If you arrive late, you may be able to catch us thru the route (see Cruise route details below)***

**The actual start and end time for the cruise route will take approx. 1 hour. After that you may leave or hangout in Woodside if you wish.***

**Please bring a camera if you have one. there will be several photo ops along the way. Also, bring a walkie talkie, if possible. This will help us to keep the convoy together and not lose anyone w/ STOP and traffic lights/signs.***

CRUISE ROUTE DETAILS

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ATTEND?
1. Free Crispy Creme Donuts (or something similar less fattening)
2. Free CL sticker (if you don't already have one)
3. See others' 2IS rides
4. Experience the majestic natural beauty of Santa Clara/San Mateo County backroads
5. Another excuse to get out of the house.

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
Old 07-20-06, 10:48 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

cant wait man
Old 07-20-06, 11:04 AM
menech
Lead Lap

7/30 - okie i'm there.....things been busy and dropped off the face of the earth but schedule should be getting lighter and won't affect my ability to attend the meet.

no mods for me, everything is pending or delayed..although all ordered...god this car is getting expensive
Old 07-20-06, 11:18 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by menech
7/30 - okie i'm there.....things been busy and dropped off the face of the earth but schedule should be getting lighter and won't affect my ability to attend the meet.

no mods for me, everything is pending or delayed..although all ordered...god this car is getting expensive
Was wondering where you've been! The car is going to get even more expensive. Alot of aftermarket parts haven't even come out yet. Ask anyone with a 2nd Gen GS how much they've spent so far...
Old 07-20-06, 11:26 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

LOL @ menech
Old 07-20-06, 07:21 PM
optical_X
Driver School Candidate

Might be there!? NICE!!!!

Quick Reply: IS Meet In SF Bay Area?