Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

IS Meet In SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 03:31 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does july 30 sound to everyone? or august 6.......... where the 2IS peeps at!?
Old 07-10-06, 03:54 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Originally Posted by imaputz
how does july 30 sound to everyone? or august 6.......... where the 2IS peeps at!?
I'm free most of the sundays. either 7/23, 7/30, 8/6. the drive last about an hour the last time I drove the route. And I even stopped for a little bit on Skyline. there are some vista points on skyline where we can stop and take pictures if you guys want.

either morning or afternoons are fine. but i think there will be a bit of traffic especially in the afternoon on sunday.
Old 07-12-06, 01:13 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

07/30 or 08/06 is ok with me. Let me know when it will happen and I'll be there. I will probably have the farthest to drive (coming from Antioch). But hey, I don't care, gives me an excuse to put more miles in my car. Most important, I'd like to see some 2IS mods.
Old 07-18-06, 08:46 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Calling all 2IS owners - Sunday Cruise Meet

TITLE: 2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside)

DATE: Sunday, 7/30/06 @ 10-noon

CENTRAL MEETING POINT: Starbucks
4131 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, California 94306

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ca&zipcode=

***Starbucks is a good place to meet since there's a starbucks right there and people can park NEXT DOOR at Tofu House. For those not familiar w/ the area, it's very close to Fuki Sushi. if still not sure, go to mapquest. But it's on El Camino b/w Pagemill/ oregeon expressway and Charleston/Arastradero.***

***PLEASE plan to arrive at Starbucks 10:00AM sharp. We will have a light snack and coffee for 15-20 min. and will start the Cruise route at 10:25AM. If you arrive late, you may be able to catch us thru the route (see Cruise route details below)***

**The actual start and end time for the cruise route will take approx. 1 hour. After that you may leave or hangout in Woodside if you wish.***

**Please bring a camera if you have one. there will be several photo ops along the way. Also, bring a walkie talkie, if possible. This will help us to keep the convoy together and not lose anyone w/ STOP and traffic lights/signs.***

-----------------------------
Cruise Route Details
-----------------------------
1. go up pagemill (good uphill twisties)
2. rt turn on Skyline Blvd (hwy 35?)-- pretty straight. speed limit is ~50 (but people usually go faster)
3. once on Skyline Blvd, stop for some photos
4. keep going past Woodside (hwy 84) until you see Kings Moutain Road for some intensive downhill twisties!
5. Rt. on Kings Moutain Road and you will end up on Woodside Road (Hwy 84) again.
6. Make Left on Woodside road
7. We'll end up in downtown Woodside and we'll pick a place to end the meet there. probably another Starbucks!

------------------------------------------------------
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ATTEND?
------------------------------------------------------
1. Free Crispy Creme Donuts (or something similar less fattening)
2. Free CL sticker (if you don't already have one)
3. See others' 2IS rides
4. Experience the majestic natural beauty of Santa Clara/San Mateo County backroads
5. Another excuse to get out of the house.

2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. putz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (?)
5. ldynred

NON-2IS SIGNUP
------------------------
1. Yours Truly, The Host.

P.S. Flipsonic, can you do me a favor? Can you copy the contents above and paste it into the beginning your your thread (page 1) and change the title to the following:

2IS Sunday Cruise Meet (Palo Alto to Woodside) 7/30/06 @ 10am-noon

thanks...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 07-20-06 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-18-06, 10:20 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

sunday meet? hell yea im going
Old 07-18-06, 11:17 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

sorry... the link to the pdf map is gone..... i canceled my hosting =(... let me know if anyone would like it.. i will upload it to another hosting site....

but im down for the 2nd GEN IS meet!

1. wolverine
2. putz

edit: heres the link to the map -- http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7AE0483EA0DDDA

it will be available for 7days.

Last edited by imaputz; 07-18-06 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-18-06, 11:50 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Talking NorCal 2IS Mini Meet

I know most peeps forget to venture to the regional sections.... so just a FYI

We are planning a 2nd Gen IS meet in NorCal (Palo Alto Backroads) for 7/30 (sunday) @~10AM

heres the link - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...40#post2016540

Last edited by imaputz; 07-19-06 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-18-06, 11:58 PM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

That looks like a very nice long drive, put me down as a maybe. I'd loved to make it but 10 a bit early for me since I work Sat nights.
Old 07-19-06, 12:07 AM
Jhoo
Rookie

WoW sounds like a nice drive, but Sunday mornings are reserved for Surf or Golf depending on the waves. Travel safely!
Old 07-19-06, 02:27 AM
chubbymike
Driver

I'm in. sorry, been pretty busy to organize anything. thanks for helpinng teeman!(and putz).
The trip is about a hour long, maybe even less. depends on how long we stop and whether people decide to head west to hwy 1.
don't follow the whole map, we're doing a SHORTENED route. if you follow the map, it'll take all day!!

1. wolverine
2. putz
3. chubbymike
Old 07-19-06, 06:59 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Put me down as "maybe". I know I said "I'm in" from my last post but something changed and I may be busy on 7/30. So I don't want to commit and not show up.

Just curious, will there be any modified 2IS coming to this meet? Although I would love to meet everyone in person, it could be an incentive for me to be there since I want to see aftermarket wheels and lowering.

FYI, I will be installing my HIDs/fogs myself this weekend.

1. wolverine
2. putz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (?)
Old 07-19-06, 07:50 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

I might have coilovers on by that time but no rims yet....
Old 07-19-06, 09:42 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flipsonic

Just curious, will there be any modified 2IS coming to this meet? Although I would love to meet everyone in person, it could be an incentive for me to be there since I want to see aftermarket wheels and lowering.
the only person i know that is pretty modded is LADYNRED... she has a very nice car with the LMS exhaust, eibach springs, ground effects kit, and probably many more since I last seen her car. Hopefully she will make a showing
Old 07-19-06, 10:17 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Ok...it's getting interesting. I may have to postpone my personal plans for this meet. As for the drive, the trek alone from Antioch to Palo Alto will be long but fun.
Old 07-19-06, 10:25 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chubbymike,
I need a central meeting location in P.A. like Starbucks Coffee where everyone will show up, get some coffee and proceed to the start of the Cruise in P.A.

EVERYONE: I will be providing FREE Crispy Creme Donuts (or something less fattening) at the Central meeting location.

NOTE: We will have a light snack and coffee before the start of the cruise.
Afterwards, you may leave at your own will or hang out w// others and have lunch or something.
The meet will roughly last a couple of hours from (10am-noonish or 1pm) depending on frequent stops and photo ops along the way. The Cruise itself will last about 1 hour. You may leave at any time if you wish.

Again, this is a "Sunday Fun Drive" and we are not here to race or create a major scene to the public or the natural habitat surroundings of our local backroads before, during and after the cruise. Please obey local/highway speed signs/limits, animals and pedestrians along the way.

if you have not been to a regualr "cruise meet" or any CL "mini-meet" this year or in the past, this would be a perfect opportunity to get your feet wet, meet other members and get a heads up on future CL news/meets/info. Cruise meets are fun and provides the enjoyment and pleasure of giving you the "driving experience" of you, the car and the natural surroundings. After your first meet, every other meet will be unique and memorable to you.

Thanks for your cooperation. teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 07-19-06 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: IS Meet In SF Bay Area?