Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Spotted: NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 11:19 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Spotted: NorCal

Since we always seem to spot CL members from all over, I figure it would be nice to have it all in one thread! Start it off...NorCal Style!
  • Date
  • Time
  • Location (City, County, Area Code, Street, Freeway...you get the picture!)
  • Vehicle Description

It's time that NorCal has their own version...just like SoCal
Old 05-11-05, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

great idea ryan and why not make it a sticky right?
Old 05-13-05, 03:07 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having lunch at In n Out in San Jose today. The one right next to Capitol Expressway and Eastridge Mall. I noticed a very nice looking SC. It was green with very deeeeep dished wheels. It was dropped to the ground so Im assuming it has coilovers. It had a 97 body with 95 rear lights. I go up close to take a look and it was all keyed up with huge dents in the rear. I saw the owners come out and as they go up to their car I noticed them noticing my cars exhaust and Soarer badge. If this belongs to a member on CL let me know. Its always good to meet up with an SC owner in the area.

-May 13 2005
-2:00pm
-San Jose, In n Out Parking Lot. Capitol Expy.
-The car is super sexy from far away. Looks crunchie when you get up close.
Old 05-30-05, 12:33 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

silver Gs400.........exhaust, lowered, rims and a kit i believe........

spotted him on alameda de las pulgas at the stop light infront of Aragon high school today around noon.........

we were both at the stop light and i looked over to say wassup.....but he never even looked over to me..........and by the time i rolled my window down to say hi, he floored it when it turned green without even a glance over......i was in my modified IS too with the HRE's on.......i know he atleast saw my car when he rolled up next to me- but to ignore a fellow lexus owner
Old 05-30-05, 02:34 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

white GS400 at Stinson yesterday, with Aristo and V400 badges on it.

I also spotted a GS like Gwen's on Highway 4 headed towards Hercules with a L-Tuned grille, some dish action on the wheels, in silver, on friday.
Old 05-30-05, 10:38 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

black is300 exiting san pablo something road around 5 today. i saw that he had clublexus stickies hehe well i think they were.....
Old 05-31-05, 12:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach
white GS400 at Stinson yesterday, with Aristo and V400 badges on it.

I also spotted a GS like Gwen's on Highway 4 headed towards Hercules with a L-Tuned grille, some dish action on the wheels, in silver, on friday.
v400? i should find two blower under the hood?
Old 06-05-05, 07:44 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Default Sorry Newlex IS300

Hey bud sorry about that. It was me who saw you and yes your car was sick. I was checking my car for a ticking noise and wasnt paying much attention to anything else but did catch you in the corner of my eye and should of said whats up. I just put on the Lowenharts you saw and was hearing noise. Figured it out though they say you dont need spacers well thats Bull%$#@. You need the 5 mm H&R's because they rub against the calipers. NOT GOOD. Anyway sorry bro did not mean to be an ***. Always up for talking cars expecially to a fellow Lexus owner.You have a very sick car. My little bro has the TRD edition IS and they are nice cars. You guys are relentless I just became a club lexus member today and already found alot of things written about my car. Yours was the first bad. I am normally pretty cool unless the Sharks lose but no hockey this season. Sorry again and say whats up sometime
Old 06-06-05, 06:28 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

no problem bro......hope you get that taken care of with the spacers- never good when rims rub calipers- i'm surprised you were able to drive with them........nice rims btw.....what exhaust you running?.

surprised cuz i've never seen your car around yet alone any modded Lexus's around my area.......atleast now i know theres someone else

Originally Posted by tkracing
Hey bud sorry about that. It was me who saw you and yes your car was sick. I was checking my car for a ticking noise and wasnt paying much attention to anything else but did catch you in the corner of my eye and should of said whats up. I just put on the Lowenharts you saw and was hearing noise. Figured it out though they say you dont need spacers well thats Bull%$#@. You need the 5 mm H&R's because they rub against the calipers. NOT GOOD. Anyway sorry bro did not mean to be an ***. Always up for talking cars expecially to a fellow Lexus owner.You have a very sick car. My little bro has the TRD edition IS and they are nice cars. You guys are relentless I just became a club lexus member today and already found alot of things written about my car. Yours was the first bad. I am normally pretty cool unless the Sharks lose but no hockey this season. Sorry again and say whats up sometime
Old 06-06-05, 10:23 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Yea It sucked. Lowenhart said the rim was made for big brake systems without spacers but guess not. I have a Greddy power exhaust,TRD sportivo suspension,SRT intake and ecu,Torque converter,LSD,Turboeast shifter,Thermostat,steering ecu,brakes Blaa Blaa but cant wait for my bracket to get here. I have a Vortech T-trim supercharger which is the next project. I didnt have a bracket for it and didnt want one custom made. Too many problems if not perfect. Rod Millen was nice enough to sell me a bracket. He said there was one sitting on the shelf and no more superchargers so he said I could have it. Pretty fired up so starting on it next week. Hoping to finish soon and be back on the road. Ive seen a few Modified IS and GS in our area. Of course John from Junction Produce but theres a pretty sick silver GS in Burlingame I see once in a while. Dont know the guy but sick car. Is yours the blue IS? There was 2 different times I saw a IS on Alameda and both were nice. One time my wife was with me was that you in the blue one?
Old 06-07-05, 10:50 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Default tkracing, 1newis300..it might be me?

Hey guys. IS300, you scared me for a minute, I thought you might have been talking about me because I live really close to Alameda De Las Pulgas and I've got a silver GS. But, since tkracing claimed it, then i'm cool. I do however think it is me that you (tkracing) see in Burlingame. My real estate office is there and I do tend to drive around quite a bit. I've got a silver GS with gunmetal Volks and a kit with really dark windows all around. I didn't know we had so many members in san mateo/burlingame area!! I'd love to meet up with you guys soon and shoot the breeze. The car is decommissioned at the moment. Getting an updated stereo setup. After that it's headed down south for smoe pre-SEMA goodies. I'd love to meet up before it goes to LA though. I'll have to hit you both up and see what we can do. Feel free to hit me up on email anytime too...jdoolitt@visa.com

Laters!!

Jeremy
Old 06-07-05, 01:46 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Jeremy, whats up? Yes that is you Im talking about. Volk rims gave it away. Nice ride! Are you in the SEMA show or just going down? My car is about to go out of commission pretty much all summer but before it does would like to meet up.. Jeff at Audio Images is taking my car in for a while. He just got a sick/well known installer. Some guy who is all over the mags and is moving from the east coast. He asked Jeff if he knew of a car that he could do some of the craziest fiberglass work and beat. He said the work he was going to do was going to be talked about all over the industry. Well couldnt pass that up sounded too good so I said lets do it! Also installing supercharger so I figure it will take a while. I am always tinkering on one of my cars every afternoon so just let me know and can meet up anywhere. tdk13@sbcglobal.net. Take care,Troy.
Old 06-07-05, 02:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
black is300 exiting san pablo something road around 5 today. i saw that he had clublexus stickies hehe well i think they were.....
San Pablo Dam Road? The Dam Road you mean?
Old 06-07-05, 11:24 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
San Pablo Dam Road? The Dam Road you mean?
haaaaaaa more like the damn curb
Old 06-08-05, 12:07 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bichkikr
Hey guys. IS300, you scared me for a minute, I thought you might have been talking about me because I live really close to Alameda De Las Pulgas and I've got a silver GS. But, since tkracing claimed it, then i'm cool. I do however think it is me that you (tkracing) see in Burlingame. My real estate office is there and I do tend to drive around quite a bit. I've got a silver GS with gunmetal Volks and a kit with really dark windows all around. I didn't know we had so many members in san mateo/burlingame area!! I'd love to meet up with you guys soon and shoot the breeze. The car is decommissioned at the moment. Getting an updated stereo setup. After that it's headed down south for smoe pre-SEMA goodies. I'd love to meet up before it goes to LA though. I'll have to hit you both up and see what we can do. Feel free to hit me up on email anytime too...jdoolitt@visa.com

Laters!!

Jeremy

yea i'd love to meet up sometime......weekends are best for me- i'm sure there are more penninsula guys who would meet up

TK, I live behind Aragon High School so it was probably me driving up and down alameda.........i drive alot down el camino too........mainly on weekends though- i drive another car on weekdays

Quick Reply: Spotted: NorCal