Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

BUYER BEWARE jdm-montreal/JDM-DPDistribution P1mmiz321@live.com 2JZGTE PURCHASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-14, 11:52 PM
is3t
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default BUYER BEWARE jdm-montreal/JDM-DPDistribution P1mmiz321@live.com 2JZGTE PURCHASE

Hello everyone wanted to share my experience with JDM Montreal.

The people i dealt with were Jeremy and Jean Philippe of
Ebay ID: JDM-Montreal
Paypal ID: JDM-DPDistribution/P1mmiz321@live.com

There physical address is
7608 Leclerc
Lasalle QC H8N2L9

I purchased a motor from these guys with the assurance of Jeremy saying he sold tons of motors.
And has the perfect one for me. I told him the requirements I had for a motor.

Undamaged, good compression does not leak oil and most importantly Uncut and undamaged wiring harness.

He assured me that he can do all of this after a week of pressuring me to purchase and assuring me I would receive an Mint engine. I sent my money over to the guys at JDM-DPDistribution.

About two weeks passed I got my Engine on a crate. Immediately upon removal It looked like something had gone wrong. Not only was the motor tied down with metal hangers in all the wrong areas. Weak spots such as AC lines and Wiring harnesses, etc. The shipper assured me the motor had not hit anything or tilted much.

It was wrapped in a syran wrap like medium. I figured if that wasn't damaged the internals should be good. Upon unwrapping. i noticed :
1. my wiring harness had half the wires pulled out of the plug
2. Had been cut in 3 places
3. motor was leaking oil on my garage floor.
4. The crank pulley was dented
5. the AC compressor pulley was smashed inward.
6. My valve cover was not only scratched up but cracked into two pieces all the way down the center.

Aside from the abnormal amount of rust on the bolts.. (Jeremy told me the engine had only been sitting for a few months and was a good runner)

I called them asking about these.... They laughed at me and said this was a joke. I told them I specifically said I needed an uncut wiring harness.

Jeremy said to me it was uncut. There was a plug in the ecu... 1 plug with only about 3 wires still hanging on it.

Further inspection the motor also had a bunch of random wiring cut out of it and random vac lines plugged... possibly because this motor was abused while in the car.

They basically told me to go screw myself. when I asked them if they could send a uncut harness over. I attempted to file a complaint and then received a number or threats through SMS.

I have yet to check the compression of this motor but just by turning the crank. It feels like its not compressing very well. I hope I can some how salvage something out of this situation.

I just wanted the community to be aware that I WOULD not recommend purchasing from these guys. Extremely unprofessional and under delivered on service....

Thanks
Old 03-18-14, 05:48 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Buying JDM motors is always a shot in the dark. I'm sorry to hear that you had bad luck with yours.
Did you buy the motor through ebay or use PayPal?
Old 07-29-14, 10:24 PM
vbacky
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't ever trust any montreal car/mechanic/automotive people. I live in this city and I can tell you they are all shady.
Old 08-04-14, 01:03 AM
is3t
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Guys.

I actually ended up doing a compression test a week later
Results were bad.
35 70 60 160 150 30

There were metal shavings in the oil pan.
I filed a paypal claim, They required me to send the motor back.
Motor was packaged and shipped back. He called the police there?
Saying I didn't mail back the same thing
Locked my paypal, Did not get my money back and the Shipping company
Tried to Bill me and then sent it to a collections agency.....

I called my local authorities and apparently there is nothing I can do since they are
over in Canada!!!!

I just lost out on the Purchase price, Shipping, and taxes and duties...
FML.