Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Great DIY Car Wash in Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-12, 07:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation Great DIY Car Wash in Long Island

my garage has boxes and boxes of tiles, a table saw and other crap because work is being done in the house. driveway has grout (red brick color) from front to back. good help is hard to find. so i took my car, wash buckets, grit guards, CG Jetseal109, CG Lava, wash mitts, MF/WW towels MF APP, FOAM APP, and went to Babylon L.I. on RTE.109. this place is great it's huge always empty $3 for 10 minutes. i don't use the brush at all, just the water and the air blower, which is one of the best i've used considering it's a public place. i washed her then applied jet seal and then waxed her. there are 5 bay areas and maybe 2 people showed up while i was there,,, and it's like that all the time. i'll spend $6 and that's it. i jump on the Southern State and get off at Babylon East 2 miles down on the right, it just says CAR WASH. thought i'd share in case someone needed a nice DIY. and you never have to worry about the sun getting in there while you're washing waxing etc.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-15-12 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-15-12, 08:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 07-15-12, 08:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

bag of MF and WW towels, APPS.
CG Jetseal 109 and CG Lava. Lava is great for hot sunny days because the wax will not melt on your car under extreme temps.
Old 07-15-12, 08:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

air blower is very good. nothing in this place is broken, everything works as it should. you can actually dry the whole car with it,, it's that good. just be careful not to let the hoses hit your car.$3 to rinse car and do your wheels, $3 to rinse after wash and blow out water. take singles, machine will not give you change.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-15-12 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-15-12, 11:12 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice little bay. Wish we had that here in SoCal. Should probably put this in the NY section for the other members to see. Would you like me to move it there for you?
Old 07-15-12, 11:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

more pics.. that looks great
Old 07-15-12, 11:43 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Wish we had this where i am
Old 07-16-12, 03:35 AM
TOGWT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You’d definitely fit a Roman centurion’s horse and chariot in there
Old 07-16-12, 09:40 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Nice little bay. Wish we had that here in SoCal. Should probably put this in the NY section for the other members to see. Would you like me to move it there for you?
sure why not because IDKH,,, thanx
Old 07-16-12, 10:54 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
sure why not because IDKH,,, thanx
Moved to Northeast section since this is an awesome find
Old 07-17-12, 08:14 AM
dandg
Driver

Thats the way to do it nice and out of the sun.I have to pull mine under the pines and work fast.

I have just gotten into the CG stuff as well.My first try-Black Onyx GX with the Blacklight and then V7 went well,is see you can add the wax after with the JetSeal,I wonder is I should be adding wax after V7 ?
Old 07-18-12, 07:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dandg
Thats the way to do it nice and out of the sun.I have to pull mine under the pines and work fast.

I have just gotten into the CG stuff as well.My first try-Black Onyx GX with the Blacklight and then V7 went well,is see you can add the wax after with the JetSeal,I wonder is I should be adding wax after V7 ?
after app of sealant and or Blacklight,,, then you can apply wax and the V7 should be last. Blacklight is actually an AIO but you can apply sealant after an app of BL and then wax, V7 last.
Old 07-18-12, 11:21 AM
dandg
Driver

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
after app of sealant and or Blacklight,,, then you can apply wax and the V7 should be last. Blacklight is actually an AIO but you can apply sealant after an app of BL and then wax, V7 last.
Thanks,its all new to me but I did like the way yours looked.I just did two coats of B/L then the V7 but I will see about getting some Jetseal and wax and do it your way.

B/L x2,then Jet seal,then wax and V7 last
Old 07-18-12, 01:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dandg
Thanks,its all new to me but I did like the way yours looked.I just did two coats of B/L then the V7 but I will see about getting some Jetseal and wax and do it your way.

B/L x2,then Jet seal,then wax and V7 last
one coat of Blacklight is more than enough. when you saw the pic,,, my car wasn't even washed yet. that's the way it shines all the time with the protection that i put on it,,, my neighbors can't understand it. i have a neighbor that comes from around the corner everyday just to look at the car, he can't believe how shiny it is even when it's dirty. dirt doesn't have a chance on my car,,, i don't let it stay there that long. anyway if you want to use two coats,,, use two coats of Jetseal. try the three day method. one day one coat BL, next day one coat Jetseal, third day one coat Jetseal. it gives the AIO and sealant time to bond to your paint.:thumb up: and buy a bottle of the CG Synthetic Quick Detailer.
Old 07-19-12, 01:22 PM
dandg
Driver

Thanks, I will try that Jetseal for sure. I got the two coat of B/L and then the V7 from the CG site but I would like to try some wax on it too.
My biggest problem is not room to do the foamgun/wash,I have lots of it,long driveway-440 ft and good well water,the issue for me is the 2 mile long dirt road I live on.Lots of privacy and really gives us the "Live Free or Die" feeling we wanted when we moved up here from NJ but its hell on clean cars.One ride out and the back and they full coat of dust,especially on the rear.

Quick Reply: Great DIY Car Wash in Long Island