Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

***5th Annual North Jersey Holiday Gathering Sunday December 27th at 8:30pm***

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 02:47 PM
APU6speed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***5th Annual North Jersey Holiday Gathering Sunday December 27th at 8:30pm***

The confirmed date is Saturday December 26th at 8:30...

Well its that time of year again. I am in the midst of putting together our 5th, annual, Toyota Supra Holiday Gathering for the TRI state area. This originated as a Supra event but we have always extended a warm welcome to our fellow FD, Corvette, NJ Tuners, FBody and Club Lexus friends but of course all are welcomed. Feel free to forward this link to any forum you feel would make good company. This is a great gathering with a great turnout every year, so please come join us and keep this great gathering as enjoyable as it has been in the past. !

I like to plan things well in advance to make things as convenient for everyone as possible. Last years gaterhing fell on a Friday night on the 26th of December which worked out well for everyone. This year Christmas falls on a Friday so to allow for ample clean up time and preparation we have decided to move it up a day to Sunday December 27th. Last year we got things started around 8:30pm which wasn't too early and wasn't too late. For the past 4 years TGI Fridays has been the choice of venue and has seemed to work well being a centralized and accessible location with plenty of parking. If you plan on attending please post if you can make it and this will give us a general idea of what we are working with, and please feel free to offer any suggestions !

T G I Fridays
1143 Us Highway 46 N
Succasunna, NJ 07876
(973) 252-1066

Here is a map of the General area with Fridays being located in the circled red dot. It is relatively easy to get to from anywhere as its right on rt. 46 30 seconds off of rt 10 and 3 minutes from route 80.

ANYONE NEEDING TO GET AHOLD OF ME PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL FORWARD YOU MY CONTACT INFORMATION.

RSVP- If you are available and wish to attend please let us know as we need to have a rough estimate regardless of what the final head count winds up being.

I will continue to update this thread with any new forth comings as the time gets closer.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone and a very Happy Holidays to any other celebration I may have missed !! I look forward to seeing many of you in the next few weeks as these gatherings are always a good time !!!

Last edited by APU6speed; 12-08-09 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-05-09, 08:10 PM
kj4unme
Rookie

im def down for this
Old 12-05-09, 08:34 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you allow fairly stock SC400's???
Old 12-06-09, 01:15 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Do you allow fairly stock SC400's???
Of course...
Old 12-13-09, 02:11 AM
APU6speed
Driver

There is another thread in the NELOC section
Old 12-24-09, 04:20 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

is anyone going to attend in the area with the snow ever where now... i know my is park still in a foot of snow in the garage...
Old 12-25-09, 03:35 PM
APU6speed
Driver

I will make the call by 3pm tommorow 12-26 with regard to the weather. As of right now we are a go. The rain date is Tuesday the 29th
Old 12-26-09, 11:27 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Rescheduled for Tuesday the 29th at 8pm !!

A very happy holidays to everyone. Unfortunately the weather doesn't want to cooperate with us tonight so I am going to pull the plug on this evenings festivities and reschedule for Tuesday unless someone has a better alternative.
Old 12-27-09, 02:56 PM
TASOARER
Rookie

It was beautiful today. Why the change?
Old 12-29-09, 03:06 PM
APU6speed
Driver

Bundle up tonite folks !!! just a reminder park in between the cvs and fridays !!
Old 12-29-09, 03:34 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

this sux i was going to attend tonight ,but fudge the weather now im heading to the beach tomorrow...to warmer climate this even ill try to fine out any cool cars back home to share CL
Old 12-30-09, 12:04 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Thanks very much to all who came, near and far, new and old. It was certainly a cold one and I commend you all on buttoning up and toughing it out. I was the tall guy in the Santa hat for those of you I did not get the chance to meet. Jasons Caravan rolled in a few minutes before 8:30 followed by a fairly steady stream of cars from different areas and different Forums. I snuck out midway through the dinner to snap some pictures but you'll have to forgive me as I mistakenly forgot my tripod and and 10 degrees without gloves does not help steady the Camera hand. It's hard to tell from the pictures as I could not physically photo each of the cars all at one time but we had a total of 39 cars of different decents, and from mild to wild, at one time between the 2 and a half rows we covered. A few left early or arrived late so sorry if I missed you.

It was very nice to meet those who are new to our event and made the effort to join us and very nice to see my dear friends of many years. The food, from what I noticed was served quickly and without any issues, there was pleanty of room and seating for everyone and it was nice and warm inside. The quote of the night goes to Charlie- "ricegti" and Arizona-"Arizona"__________/////// Charlie- "So the trans blew on your Bimmer? " Arizona- "Yea." Charlie- "When?" Arizona- "About 2 hours ago." ........ (Laughter fills the room)...... Charlie- "So how'd you get here?" Arizona- "well I bought a Civic about an hour ago."......(Hysteria fills the room) What luck, coldest night of the year, but the wording and reply was hilarious, sorry to laugh at your expense Arizona.

A special thanks to Jason (Godeepgts) for organizing the caravan, to all who brought their prized possesions on this cold night !! I look forward to seeing all of you again next year and have a safe and Happy New year !!

Now for the pictures..... Again, I appologize for the poor quality and for those I missed...

Arizona (left), Ikester (right)

John Nouri on the left (Owner of Broadway Performance ((BP95GSX))) and Cory

Old 12-30-09, 12:05 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Old 12-30-09, 12:05 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Old 12-30-09, 12:06 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Quick Reply: ***5th Annual North Jersey Holiday Gathering Sunday December 27th at 8:30pm***