North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Best Body Shop in Austin, TX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-16, 04:25 PM
TXAG96
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Body Shop in Austin, TX?

My IS 350 is in need of front end body work and paint. Any suggestions for best body shops in Austin, TX?

Local dealer suggested:
  • Caliber Collision
  • Service King
  • Berli’s Body Shop
  • Autocraft Body Werks
Old 01-25-18, 06:43 AM
hochb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I had my 2007 Z4, I took it to Berli's. I would go back. They did a wonderful job.
Old 02-18-18, 05:30 PM
texboy83
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whitakers auto body and paint....in Lakeway, ask for me, my name is shane
Old 05-03-18, 11:15 AM
lychu87
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on what you need done to the car. When I lived in Austin, I used Autocraft Body Werks for normal repairs since they focus on Lexus and were endorsed by Lexus of Austin. They did a great job after my front-end was decimated after I hit someone who ran a stop sign. Prices are fair and customer service is very good. If you need any custom or fabrication work done though, I would recommend Annihilator Customs.
Old 06-16-18, 05:17 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any good info n ATX

Originally Posted by texboy83
Whitakers auto body and paint....in Lakeway, ask for me, my name is shane
texboy83 I'm looking for someone who knows more about what I'm about to go through and maybe it's you. If it's not, I'm thinking you might know who can help me. Being new to 2JZ-GE fever I bought a 95 GS3 recently bought 02 GS seats because mine are shot in every aspect and considering I'm over six feet tall having a set of working seats is imperative. My seats function except for the "slide" switch. Which may end up being a switch problem but they're so old they're cracked all the way through the padding not just the leather.. if it's going to take making some adapters or welding in some new mounts then I'm cool with paying somebody to do this work. I just need to know what I'm facing. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Deaner
Old 06-18-18, 06:49 PM
texboy83
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeanWeen
texboy83 I'm looking for someone who knows more about what I'm about to go through and maybe it's you. If it's not, I'm thinking you might know who can help me. Being new to 2JZ-GE fever I bought a 95 GS3 recently bought 02 GS seats because mine are shot in every aspect and considering I'm over six feet tall having a set of working seats is imperative. My seats function except for the "slide" switch. Which may end up being a switch problem but they're so old they're cracked all the way through the padding not just the leather.. if it's going to take making some adapters or welding in some new mounts then I'm cool with paying somebody to do this work. I just need to know what I'm facing. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Deaner

yeah man, you are going to have to make brackets to fit to the car you have. It isn’t a hard thing to do but we do not honestly mess with that kind of stuff. I am more geared towards collision cars rather then projects. If you are in need of a collision shop, I am the #1 shop referred by Lexus of Lakeway, as well as Land Rover/ Jaguar of Austin. So quality and service isn’t an issue. As far as those brackets I would honestly go to a custom shop, Annihilater isnkkay, they are pricey and service sucks..I would just try and find a metal fan shop... try Crossroads Restorations
Old 06-20-18, 05:09 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gracias

Originally Posted by texboy83
yeah man, you are going to have to make brackets to fit to the car you have. It isn’t a hard thing to do but we do not honestly mess with that kind of stuff. I am more geared towards collision cars rather then projects. If you are in need of a collision shop, I am the #1 shop referred by Lexus of Lakeway, as well as Land Rover/ Jaguar of Austin. So quality and service isn’t an issue. As far as those brackets I would honestly go to a custom shop, Annihilater isnkkay, they are pricey and service sucks..I would just try and find a metal fan shop... try Crossroads Restorations
Texboy83
lol let's honestly hope that I'm never in need of your services regarding the collision aspect but you never know right! And I will most definitely remember you in that event. I do realize that what I'm doing is project rather than paycheck but myself being a welder only of 9th grade shop quality I can only take on the projects that fit within my narrow area of expertise. Sadly I can draw plans all friggin day but when it comes to welding I'm out... I will check with crossroads. I mean it's honestly a matter of making a set of brackets and the just reversing a set. But I don't have anything to cut the kind of metal I would trust putting myself or wife stop at 85 miles per hour and drive from Buda to Sunset Valley everyday! Honestly it's getting to the point that I'm actually trying to sell them so I can just buy a set of those universal style racing buckets and get the vehicle specific brackets for those. I can handle puzzles! Lol even 40 pound puzzles and 75 pound garbage can weights like I'm currently riding now. I'm just doing in this car where the seats are set for 5'8"and I'm 6'4" lol.. thanks for the referral. If they take me on then I'll make sure to wait until I'm handing them a few hundred dollar bills before I mention you sent me! Lol