North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Need lexus mechanic in Austin, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-15, 04:00 PM
Texasgirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need lexus mechanic in Austin, Texas

Hey guys I'm Eva and new to the club, I need help, I'm moving from San francisco to Austin Texas, looking for a fair and knowledgeable mechanic in the area, let me know if anyone can help. Thansk in advance. P.S my SC 300 1998 Lexus has has zero problems the 4 years I've had it, just I'm case and its HOT in Austin so I hope my baby will be fine
Old 02-14-15, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome to CL, Eva. Glad to have you.

You might try posting a copy of that question in our North Texas forum. It covers mostly North Texas but also has a number of members from Austin and other parts of the state.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...exus-club-211/

We also have a general-maintenance forum and a forum specifically for the older SC300/400.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/maintenance-11/

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300-6/

I think that, overall, you'll like Austin. I lived there, at one time, myself....some time ago. It's a nice city, with picturesque Texas Hill Country to the west. Traffic there today is heavy, but probably not as heavy as what you had in San Francisco. And, on average, the cost of living will be MUCH lower in Austin....especially for real estate. But, after mild San Francisco, you'll find the summers in Texas to be very hot, with occasional storms.

Good luck in your new home.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-14-15 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-15-15, 12:02 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Dude, you don't need a "Lexus" specific mechanic. These things are Toyotas under the skin. I have the same guy service my 1992 SC300 and my 1993 Toyota truck. He also works on our family's 2000 Avalon, our 2004 Tacoma, a 2012 Camry V6, and a 2014 Rav4.

Only thing I would suggest is that you look for a reliable mechanic in a more affluent area. A RWD SC300 or GS300 isn't quite the same vehicle as a FWD Camry, Corolla, or a truck. Having a mechanic in a more affluent area, he will be more familiar with these older 2JZ Lexus cars.

But like I said, they aren't so different or hard to work on that somebody versed in Toyotas can't make the stretch and perform basic service on them.
Old 02-15-15, 09:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Dude, you don't need a "Lexus" specific mechanic.
Dude? Wrong term.......we're addessing a lady here (Eva). But, yes, your point about the mechanic is well-taken. When I had my Lexus IS300, a local Toyota shop (same place I had bought my earlier Celica) was able to do a fair amount of the service and repairs, along as it didn't involve Lexus warranty work. And warranty work will obviously not be a factor on a 1998 Lexus.

Not all Toyota shops will (or can) work on Lexus products, but those who do can often save money, as Toyota service, in general, is usually cheaper than Lexus., while still using the same filters, oil, spark plugs, etc.....

And, of course, there is always the option of a good independent shop, which can also save money,.....but dealerships usually know the vehicles better.
Old 02-15-15, 11:40 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Dude? Wrong term.......we're addessing a lady here (Eva). But, yes, your point about the mechanic is well-taken. When I had my Lexus IS300, a local Toyota shop (same place I had bought my earlier Celica) was able to do a fair amount of the service and repairs, along as it didn't involve Lexus warranty work. And warranty work will obviously not be a factor on a 1998 Lexus.

Not all Toyota shops will (or can) work on Lexus products, but those who do can often save money, as Toyota service, in general, is usually cheaper than Lexus., while still using the same filters, oil, spark plugs, etc.....

And, of course, there is always the option of a good independent shop, which can also save money,.....but dealerships usually know the vehicles better.
It's 2015, dude is an expression. Let's keep the personal jabs out of it.
The following users liked this post:
RichardB23 (09-24-19)
Old 03-13-15, 03:55 PM
lsiberian
Driver School Candidate

If you are on the Round Rock side.

I grew up with the guy who runs Round Rock Muffler and Automotive. He'll give you honest work and a fair deal. You definitely don't need a Lexus mechanic.
Old 04-08-19, 10:05 PM
lpham
Driver School Candidate

Sorry. I know this is an old threat but I recently moved to Round Rock. I wonder if anyone can point me to a good knowledgeable mechanic to maintain my lexus. Thanks
Old 08-10-19, 09:02 PM
VinnyN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lsiberian

I grew up with the guy who runs Round Rock Muffler and Automotive. He'll give you honest work and a fair deal. You definitely don't need a Lexus mechanic.
Hello Isiberian, can you let us know who to ask for? I've been having issues finding a cause/fix for vibration when accelerating especially between 40-45mph in a 2015 ES 300h with 30k miles. I tried two Lexus dealerships (Austin and North Park in San Antonio) and they tried to tell me it was normal
Old 09-23-19, 07:02 PM
Sherl
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by VinnyN
Hello Isiberian, can you let us know who to ask for? I've been having issues finding a cause/fix for vibration when accelerating especially between 40-45mph in a 2015 ES 300h with 30k miles. I tried two Lexus dealerships (Austin and North Park in San Antonio) and they tried to tell me it was normal
Did you find any mechanic in RoundRock?
Old 09-24-19, 08:06 AM
VinnyN
Driver School Candidate

No I haven't. Did you have one to recommend? Thanks
Old 10-17-19, 08:01 AM
NorrinRadd
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also interested in good local mechanics. I do a lot of my own work but wouldn't mind an option. If i hear of one I will post up.
Old 08-31-20, 09:53 PM
timlevin
Driver School Candidate

Default Bearden Lexus Repair in Austin

Originally Posted by Texasgirl
Hey guys I'm Eva and new to the club, I need help, I'm moving from San francisco to Austin Texas, looking for a fair and knowledgeable mechanic in the area, let me know if anyone can help. Thansk in advance. P.S my SC 300 1998 Lexus has has zero problems the 4 years I've had it, just I'm case and its HOT in Austin so I hope my baby will be fine
I’ve used Bearden Lexus Repair off of McNeil. They have been awesome and taken great care of my 2007 LS460. Often I buy parts online and they install them for me. http://www.automotiveserviceaustin.com/ Josh runs the place for the owner. They’re usually pretty busy so call and book an appointment. 512 774-6949
The following users liked this post:
Funkdawg (08-16-21)
Old 07-06-21, 07:41 AM
Funkdawg
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lsiberian

Has anyone been here and verified they survived the covid related shutdowns?
Old 08-03-21, 01:58 AM
Funkdawg
Rookie

I used them to work on my wife's '07 ES350.
Nice guys at the shop.
I'll be going back for future work when issues arise.
Old 08-03-21, 01:59 AM
Funkdawg
Rookie

Originally Posted by timlevin
I’ve used Bearden Lexus Repair off of McNeil. They have been awesome and taken great care of my 2007 LS460. Often I buy parts online and they install them for me. http://www.automotiveserviceaustin.com/ Josh runs the place for the owner. They’re usually pretty busy so call and book an appointment. 512 774-6949
I used them to work on my wife's '07 ES350.
Nice guys at the shop.
I'll be going back for future work when issues arise.