North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Anybody in the Dallas area able to help another member out? RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-12, 11:04 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in the Dallas area able to help another member out? RESOLVED

I bought a hitch off Answer300 nearly 2 months ago and the item was never shipped. In fact, now he's flat out ignoring me, not logging in, all the expected moves of someone with no intention to respond. I moderate on 1 other site currently, so the games are nothing new to me, but when CL only uses iTrader I can't call people out (as if it does any good when they refuse to log in).

I have his address in Dallas, I have his phone number, I know where the tmobile is that the guy works. I just want someone to pick this thing up so I'm not waiting on this guy. My guess is that he's broke and perhaps underestimated shipping, but after promising to ship it finally last Friday the guy has disappeared.

If anyone is willing to help out please let me know.

I'll omit the specific info but his location is:

Dallas TX 75287
Old 07-20-12, 03:34 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The 75287 zip code is in NORTH Dallas where a bunch of us are; probably around the Frankford/Midway intersection. I'm 5'5"so I can't really do much. You need someone much bigger/taller
Old 07-20-12, 04:08 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

I don't get the impression that this guy is intimidating. I've spoken to other people on here that he's sold parts to. I think he's just broke and doesn't have the money to ship the item (despite me sending him funds). He's promised twice to ship it now pending his payday coming. I have his phone number and I'll happily call it 24/7 to get him to leave it in a secure place for someone else to pick up along with a partial refund to cover shipping. If he simply ignores me, he'll want to change his phone/email before he quickly subscribes to every mailing list imaginable along with submitting requests for insurance quotes using his phone number. Not my first rodeo.
Old 07-20-12, 04:27 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

He's responded stating he'd mail a refund. As I have no intentions of sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for his check, I've given him my direct bank info. If I don't get a refund in 24 hours, I'll still move forward with looking for help. In my opinion the check shouldn't have been cashed if he didn't intend to ship it, likewise he shouldn't have spent the money, so 24 hours is fair.
Old 07-23-12, 11:19 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Well naturally no reply in 3 days despite him being online yesterday.

Here's the deal, anybody willing to go collect my money that this guy should already have I'll happily pay you for your time. Additionally, there's a "free hitch" you can have apparently. I have a few connections in the D/FW area that I'm working with now, but as one of you guys might know this guy personally, I'll make the offer here.
Old 07-23-12, 06:49 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

I tried to contact him via phone today and got booted to voice mail after the second ring meaning either he screened the call or was on the other line.

I'm more than willing to take the time to meet him to pick the hitch up and ship it, I even offered to let him use my business UPS account to ship it out to make good on the offer (on the voice mail today).

He's not a big guy at all, and seemed like a good guy in person - he was broke, sold some stuff, and then went to ship it and found out what the shipping was going to cost and realized he was upside down on the sale I'm sure (and being that he was already broke, and needed the money, makes sense).
Old 07-24-12, 04:14 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

I agree and being a car guy I would have been cool if he just said as such, or mailed back part one week and the other the next. Like I said in our PM, I moderate on forums and would never tarnish my reputation over a few dollars. Bottom line, when a seller has your money it's their responsibility to communicate when they can't shipped as agreed. Which in this case was presented as the same day it was received, likely around 6-12-2012. If he send the funds, I'll close the thread and pull my sig.
Old 07-26-12, 09:55 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I assume you didnt use paypal so you cant dispute the purchase?

If i was in Dallas I'd help, I'm down in Houston though. Good luck! Seems like you have solid info on how to reach him tho
Old 07-26-12, 01:02 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

No he didn't and that's the reason why I choose to meet him in person the first time because I didn't trust that he had issues with PayPal - that's a black flag to me (no pun intended).

I still haven't heard back from him, I do run a business but I'll make the time to meet him.
Old 07-26-12, 02:56 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

LuxuryGS3 knows this guy. Let me do some work.
Old 07-26-12, 03:12 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tommy doesn't use PayPal due to all the crap that goes down through it etc.. He's never used PayPal since i've known him.

He gets paid tomorrow, so that's when the refund will go through more than likely. I'll ask him about it today when I talk to him. He's my partner in business, so I talk to him every day. Don't hound him though, he ain't gonna reply.

Thanks for not taking into more serious matters though and having someone try and go up to him in a rude manner 'cause he doesn't seem intimidating, but the chopper is handy for such occasion. 6'2 black dude with the heat isn't something someone wants to see when they try going to some dudes house over a hitch.
Old 07-26-12, 06:12 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Talked to him and the money will be sent out tomorrow.

As far as this whole thread goes, you're pushing it a little to far. He has replied to you and also let you know that he would be sending out money this friday, yet you still continue to say 'ima send someone to your crib for the money'. Send someone there and they'll be getting into stuff they have no reason to be. You're making this way bigger than it should have been in the first place. I took the honor of logging onto the account and getting the messages and times.

From Tommy:
07-20-12, 06:18 PM
I have ran into a recent financial set back due to outside issues but at this point its better for me to send your money back and take down the for sale threads. Last thing I need is someone coming to meet me for a part or coming by my place for something. I have your return address so I can get the money back to you.

As stated before, im not on here much but ill make sure you get your money asap.

I'll just give the hitch away locally.

He has let you know he doesn't want anyone going to his house, yet you still want to bother him about sending someone to him. Not a very good idea IMO. He's responded and let you know. You have no reason to be sending anyone to anyone's house for a small amount of cash, that can get someone into something they don't need to.

07-23-12, 09:12 PM
ok bro. ive been allowing you to talk your mind and now im going to give you a piece of my mind. for you to sit there and act like someone is stiffing you out of a measly 60 bucks is crap. just like i told the forum mod, ill give you your money back this friday just to get you out of my hair. i dont make a living on CL! i work! and im DAMN sure ain't broke. you can try to tarnish my rep on here all you want. isnt gonna work man. i have waited for parts from Japan close to 180 days at times but i never call em and email them saying "***** wheres my ****"

and i AM NOT going to Wells Fargo and put money into your account just for something to happen and you try to blame me. ill mail out friday morning for you and be done with this.

feel free to keep your defamatory signature as well because its not hurting me or causing other members to dislike me either

Also in Tommy's messages. Failed to let everyone know here with this update that he stated it'd go out Friday morning, eh? When you logged on on the 24th to reply to the thread? Nice job on trying to keep bashing him.

Anyways.. Your money will go out and you'll have it back. Thread can be locked before it derails more than needed. Keep your sig. Believe me he doesn't care, he's shutting down his CL account anyway.
Old 07-26-12, 09:58 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Wait a minute, I don't think anyone was going to go to his "crib", and to threaten someone with a gun doesn't show very good character especially when it's over money that has already been taken for a part that hasn't shown up...hugggggeeeee red flag.

If he's your business partner why did you not send the part out for him? I don't understand why he told me that he didn't have the money to ship out the hitch because he was upside down on it due to the weight if he "sure as hell aint broke" not having enough money to cover shipping if he's not broke?

I met the guy in person, he didn't seem like a bad guy at all thus the reason I gave my approval on his for sale thread.

I don't know anyone that doesn't use PayPal to sell on eBay or any forums for that matter. It protects both parties fully as long as you play by the rules. I've had one transaction go wrong in ten years, and my money was refunded (a very large sum at that) with a similar situation, except it was a turbo.

Why didn't he return my voice mail? If I had a situation like this arise personally and someone offered to pay for the shipping to get the monkey off my back I sure as hell would call them back in a good second. He had no problem texting me back a week or two before that call.

I don't think the issue was the $60, it was the hitch it self. Maybe the guy needed it for something important? Who knows? And if $60 wasn't that big of a deal maybe over night a check for $40 via FedEx to him and have it signed for for a whopping $5.

I don't know him except for the brief conversations we had in person, but if I saw this thread from an outside pov I wouldn't do business with him at this point and that's not a good thing. It may only be $60, but $60 here and there adds up quick.
Old 07-26-12, 10:08 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Actually I never threatened anything. I never said my intention was to rough anyone up. If you want to play paste PMs I can do the same to validate that I was merely asking someone to pick it up. What you're missing is two fold:

1) I never got a response until I played squeaky wheel. Should I really have to do that?

2) He TOLD me he ran into a hardship (after I had to chase him) and then told me he wasn't broke (yet I'm waiting for payday).

To address your last part, yes he told me he'd send a refund Friday.... He also told me he was shipping the previous Friday and ignored me when I emailed him 4 days later.

I'm not looking for a debate but I can debunk every assumption you've made here. None of the traditional steps even got a reply. Did he mention I had to look up his phone number and call HIM when he didnt reply to a post on his profile? Did he tell you he thanked me for calling and told me he'd ship right away and agreed to tell me the tracking number when he did?

Bottom line, I trusted a seller and got the shaft up until here. Since the thread was locked and CL only has iTrader I had zero recourse... Other than this thread which seemed to work.

Tommy had my direct account number to deposit the funds. Can you imagine if he sent it back and it got lost in the mail? I gave him a surefire way to return the funds and he's questioning MY credibility? Lol

** I feel the need to paste this since you've done what you can to position me as going too far. This was my last PM to Tommy. I challenge anyone on this site to tell me I'm not fair in my expectations***

Originally Posted by Newchapter
Tommy, I'm a very reasonable person and I moderate on multiple auto forums. I have no problem recanting my sig and threads once I have a refund, but I have no reason to relent until I have a refund either. Your analogy is nothing like our own situation, as you've had over 6 weeks to send me an email explaining the delay...and I'm 2 states away. Either way, you can anticipate that I will continue to follow up until this deal is done, at which point I won't beat a dead horse. The bank info is real and you should have no reason to believe otherwise, however, if you're sending a refund on Friday you can expect that I will follow up by mid week as it doesn't take more than 2-3 days to travel a few thousand miles.

Bottom line, all you had to do was be proactive but for whatever reason you elected not to. You'd be just as upset if I took your money, regardless of the denomination.

Last edited by Newchapter; 07-26-12 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 11:32 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Tech: He is my business partner, but his personal business is not my business to handle, that's his. This was his personal stuff, not for me to take care of. If he would have asked me to take care of it cause he ain't have the funds, I woulda helped him, yes, but he didn't. What we do together as 'our' business takes a whole different stand. I just shipped a part to a consumer because I found out that it hadn't been shipped yet cause he didn't have the funds available. He asked me to ship it and I did no problem.

But to mainly answer your question, his personal business is for him to take care of. It'd be a whole different thing if it involved 'our' business.

New: I saw that you were wanting to send someone to him. I saw all the messages, point is he doesn't want a 3rd party involved. Same reason he didn't reply to Tech. It's nobody elses business to get involved but him and yours. He already said that it'd be taken care of via you and a moderator. And he doesn't get on CL much anymore, his account probably stays logged in as so does mine, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's on CL every time he hits the computer screen or phone or w/e he uses to get on CL.

As far as the other 6 weeks with no reply, dunno what to tell you. Guess that's just his mistake and I can't defend that nor will I. I didn't ask him about all that. All I did was get this posted to me via FB from Thomas and I took care of it ASAP because he owed you money to help you out. I called him right away and told him what the deal was and asked him what's going down because you seem like you have had 0 contact with him. He told me that he already spoke to you and that the funds would be going out this Friday (today as of the time now) and that I could log onto his account for validity and see the messages for myself.

Why should he believe your credibility though? Just wondering.. You could have given him your wife/gf or friends account for all we know, who knows. What makes you think your credibility is so believable over anyone else on the web? Just saying is all..

Anyways.... Your money is going to get back to you today (Friday), so this thread is no longer needed and his CL account will be canceled, so you may as well delete your sig.

Glad your stuff will get back to you and this whole ordeal can be ended

Quick Reply: Anybody in the Dallas area able to help another member out? RESOLVED