North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Yellow Belly and Club Lexus NTX

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 08:53 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Yellow Belly and Club Lexus NTX

So I rolled to Yellow Belly last night with 2 other SC's and I got to talking to the owner about Club Lexus and she wants to do a Club Lexus night at Yellow Belly. Specifically a Saturday night within the next month or so. So I am starting this thread to see if we could get everybody rounded up to go. The admission is $6 and $6 you run the track all night. I am going to see what other incentives she can offer and look at maybe some vendors getting onboard etc. So we could really make this a big event, also I am asking if we can do this that we set aside donations for the TX Make A Wish Foundation, if you know that organization, they make dreams happen for terminally ill children, I think it would be awesome if we could get this together. I may be able to get Pep Boys onboard, I got to the speed shop in Arlington (Collins and I30) so they know me there. I will see what happens. If you are interested in getting involved then PM me, or better yet email me at ClubLexDFW@yahoo.com. I see they rep hard in Florida and Cali, I would love for us to come together and even our Houston, Austin, Killen, San Antonio Lexus drivers as well.
Old 09-19-11, 08:57 AM
bencronin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF....you do know that about all the Lexus's that show up will be stolen, right?
Old 09-19-11, 08:59 AM
bencronin
Rookie

I'm all for drag racing and charity, but Yellow Belly is full of thugs, robberies and stabbings. Just trying to warn you. NorthStar in Denton, Redline in Caddo Mills or even Dallas Raceway in Crandall would all be better safer choices.
Old 09-19-11, 09:50 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thing I'm a thug too.
Old 09-19-11, 09:54 AM
bencronin
Rookie

Originally Posted by iKenn
Good thing I'm a thug too.
Bunch of thugs on club lexus.
Old 09-19-11, 01:32 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bencronin
I'm all for drag racing and charity, but Yellow Belly is full of thugs, robberies and stabbings. Just trying to warn you. NorthStar in Denton, Redline in Caddo Mills or even Dallas Raceway in Crandall would all be better safer choices.
You must be talking about the Sunday night crowd, I was there last night and to me it wasnt bad at all. However this would be a specific event just for Club Lexus I will get more info.
Old 09-19-11, 01:45 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nandob
So I rolled to Yellow Belly last night with 2 other SC's and I got to talking to the owner about Club Lexus and she wants to do a Club Lexus night at Yellow Belly. Specifically a Saturday night within the next month or so. So I am starting this thread to see if we could get everybody rounded up to go. The admission is $6 and $6 you run the track all night. I am going to see what other incentives she can offer and look at maybe some vendors getting onboard etc. So we could really make this a big event, also I am asking if we can do this that we set aside donations for the TX Make A Wish Foundation, if you know that organization, they make dreams happen for terminally ill children, I think it would be awesome if we could get this together. I may be able to get Pep Boys onboard, I got to the speed shop in Arlington (Collins and I30) so they know me there. I will see what happens. If you are interested in getting involved then PM me, or better yet email me at ClubLexDFW@yahoo.com. I see they rep hard in Florida and Cali, I would love for us to come together and even our Houston, Austin, Killen, San Antonio Lexus drivers as well.
I just wanted to ad that I have heard and understand the few replies, so I can look at other venues, I will ask if that night at Yellow Belly would it be open to the public or just a private event. I think if its a private event then that would change the dynamics. The next question is who will come to Crandall and I even thought about Kennedale for that matter. Its all good, I love the feedback. I thought it was a great idea but I did see another post similar so let me check that out.
Old 09-19-11, 02:11 PM
bencronin
Rookie

I just wanted to ad that I have heard and understand the few replies, so I can look at other venues, I will ask if that night at Yellow Belly would it be open to the public or just a private event. I think if its a private event then that would change the dynamics. The next question is who will come to Crandall and I even thought about Kennedale for that matter. Its all good, I love the feedback. I thought it was a great idea but I did see another post similar so let me check that out.
If its a closed event, that makes a WORLD of difference and I would definitely show for that. Crandall is only 15-20 minutes from downtown dallas, but I understand that Grand Prairie is more centrally located for Fort Worth people.
Old 09-19-11, 02:29 PM
nandob
Pole Position

I am going to work on it, If its not a closed event then it wont go down at Yellow Belly, also I got a hit from Vossen Wheels, and they want to get on board as well. I spoke with a rep from the Make A Wish Foundation and they are willing to help with corporate sponsorship along with media coverage. If we get full participation then it will be successful not matter where its held at.
Old 09-19-11, 03:06 PM
bencronin
Rookie

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help. I'm headed back out to Crandal this Friday with a small group if anyone wants to join. I'll see what I kind find out from them as far as a set event.
Old 09-19-11, 03:28 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yellow Belly LMAO. Like drag racing at the Penitentiary w/no guards!!!!
Old 09-19-11, 03:29 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to work on it, If its not a closed event then it wont go down at Yellow Belly, also I got a hit from Vossen Wheels, and they want to get on board as well. I spoke with a rep from the Make A Wish Foundation and they are willing to help with corporate sponsorship along with media coverage. If we get full participation then it will be successful not matter where its held at.
Is this in "Sugarland"? We had a post on FB today
Old 09-19-11, 03:34 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bencronin
Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help. I'm headed back out to Crandal this Friday with a small group if anyone wants to join. I'll see what I kind find out from them as far as a set event.
Hey Ben let me know Crandal would be a possibility as well.
Old 09-19-11, 03:36 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Is this in "Sugarland"? We had a post on FB today
Hey Mike, I am trying to make this happen in the DFW area, as for this hit from you guys. Someone blew smoke up my butt. But I would love to get you guys involved.
Old 09-19-11, 06:55 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Private events tend to be more than $6 a person

Quick Reply: Yellow Belly and Club Lexus NTX