North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Where to get Coilovers installed and how much ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-10, 01:49 PM
piggyzw1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get Coilovers installed and how much ?

I hope i have posted this in the correct forum, but i am looking for someone in the Dallas Fort Worth area that can install my new Megan EZ coilovers on my 2010 IS250, and also want to know what is about the average price that members have paid to get them installed, adjusted and setup ?
Old 10-18-10, 02:10 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

You are better off in the regional sections at the bottom of the forum. Here's the North Texas regional forum -> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...exus-club-211/
Old 10-18-10, 02:13 PM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is easy to install your coils. If you are mechanically inclined then you can do it easy.
Old 10-18-10, 02:29 PM
piggyzw1
Driver School Candidate

i am pretty mechanically inclined, but i am not sure on what height to set the coils and how much to set the comfort level, also i am not sure if there are any special tricks or caveats that i need to look out for while installing them. I figured it would just be easier to get someone who knows what they are doing to do the job. Obviously, i do not want to spend the earth on getting done either !!
Old 10-18-10, 02:46 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe i was quoted $600 in Houston, although i never bought or got any installed, so I may have dodged hidden fees from the shop or false quoting. But I'll tell ya, i hate how you can never get a straight answer from most forum members on install price. It is definitely a deciding factor for a lot of people on which drop route, so I'd like to see more people chime in to help each other out!
Old 10-18-10, 02:49 PM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt get it done in a shop, but my heartmyis mentioned she got it done for $100. we're in cali, so idk if prices are similar in Tx
Old 10-18-10, 03:06 PM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am about to install mine. I have done them on an Eclipse, Accord, Prelude and my Altezza in Japan. I was feeling lazy so I called a shop here in NJ and they quoted me $600 with the alingment. I said no thank you and will just do it myself in a week or so.
Old 10-18-10, 04:17 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

If you know any local guys that like to work on cars, you can get it done for $100. Most shops charge $200-$300. $600 is way too much for something that only takes 2-3 hrs assuming they know what they're doing.
Old 10-18-10, 04:19 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

And the setting you're worried about (height and ride) are the easiest part of the install. You can always mess with those adjustments, you just have to be sure you get the coilovers bolted in right.
Old 10-18-10, 04:24 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by piggyzw1
I hope i have posted this in the correct forum, but i am looking for someone in the Dallas Fort Worth area that can install my new Megan EZ coilovers on my 2010 IS250, and also want to know what is about the average price that members have paid to get them installed, adjusted and setup ?
If u from SA, I would install for u a killer deal... Oh well u from DAllas...
Old 10-18-10, 04:24 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

like you said your mechanically inclined so i'd give it a shot yourself, adjusting the height and dampening is not hard at all, read your instructions with the coilovers. trial and error to set the desired height and dampening. save yourself some money, call some buddies over and have some fun working on your car and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

a good tip is when adjusting the collars for the height, spray some WD-40 on the threads so it spins easier. probably won't be a problem since your coil overs are brand new, but after they've been driven on and get dust and dirt on them, its hard to spin the collars w/ all the dirt in the threads.
Old 10-18-10, 04:28 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Yep. You can honestly read any spring install diy and install the coilovers. You actually skip a few steps too making it EVEN easier. As far as the height and damping goes, it's simply try and error. It's very easy to adjust the height with the key it comes with. Simply lock it on and twist. Once you've found the height, move to the next wheel. Once you're done, you're done.

As far as damping goes, I'd recommend leaving the covers and the trunk lining off while you go for a test drive. Adjust it as necessary until you find the setting you like. That's it!
Old 10-18-10, 05:01 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

~$300ish is fairly average for the Bay Area. Depends on your local market of course.
Old 10-18-10, 05:46 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

a shop in NJ charged me 400 to install my BCRs without an alignment. I think if i got new coils today i would do it myself. Actually i would absolutely do it myself. Im not paying anyone to work on my car besides paintwork and vinyl. More money for mods!
Old 10-18-10, 06:40 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

your driveway. free.

Quick Reply: Where to get Coilovers installed and how much ?