North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Beware, Park Place Plano wash.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 09:09 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Resurrecting this old thread to confirm. Have a brand new 2013 GS and had it washed at Park Place Bentley McLaren etc. It was perfect inside and out. Took it to the new Park Place Lexus off of the tollway. Barely touched the inside and left light scratches on the hood. I have hand washed it twice since then. Brand new dealership shouldnt be scratching cars. I'll probably take it up there to have them buff it but not sure if they will get it right.
Old 10-15-13, 05:44 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I worked at Sewell of Fort Worth car wash from 2008-2011. Same type of car wash.
Old 11-20-13, 06:14 AM
KMAI0605
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Resurrecting this old thread to confirm. Have a brand new 2013 GS and had it washed at Park Place Bentley McLaren etc. It was perfect inside and out. Took it to the new Park Place Lexus off of the tollway. Barely touched the inside and left light scratches on the hood. I have hand washed it twice since then. Brand new dealership shouldnt be scratching cars. I'll probably take it up there to have them buff it but not sure if they will get it right.
lol yeah most car dealerships have the automatic car wash that they run it through. I know mine does. I just pay the detail guys 10 bucks to hand wash, clean wheels, tire shine, and vacc the inside. best ten bucks i've ever spent.
Old 11-21-13, 08:17 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Just about every dealership I've been to uses the automatic washes. My SC300's front emblem got torn off during a wash at Eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City. I only like to wash my cars by hand.
Old 01-07-14, 04:47 PM
woodturner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Out of curiosity (and prior to seeing this thread) I called Park Place Dallas today and asked someone in the service department if the dealership uses a wash with brushes or if it is brushless. I was told that it is brushless - which contradicts some of what I have read in this thread. Could it be that they changed to a brushless wash when they moved to their new location a few months ago.....or was the information I was given on the phone today bad? Anyone know for sure?
Old 01-24-14, 09:51 AM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

been to the new one off tollway since I live down the street.. had the cam gear recall done there.. maybe the car wash was too new to notice it... but in the end, i'm sure it will end up like it. classic bmw (across the street), SOMETIMES do their car washes... most of the times, they will tell you the car wash don't work. maybe they know it can cause swirls hence why they do it sometimes. I know this cause I recently brought a car from there atclassic bmw. anyways, park place filled up my gas after the car wash. maybe it's some sort of trickery to get customers lol not complaining. but I would wash my own.... just not on cold days.
Old 01-25-14, 06:41 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to ParkPlace, sometimes they don't pay attention to my drivers license. I mean if I'm old enough to buy a Lexus, at least loan me out one.