NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

Late 1985.5 Porsche 944

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 12:51 AM
TRDRacer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late 1985.5 Porsche 944

Garage Kept 1985.5 Guards Red Porsche 944!
Asking $6,500 obo

Up for sale is my Guards Red Porsche 944 1985.5 with the phone dial wheels! Car was bought late August 07. Had the car a year now and did a lot of maintenance on it! The Car runs very strong but has a small leak from one of the rollers and could use a front engine reseal which is very common on these cars after about 60,000 miles cause of the heat the engine makes and this car lasted twice that! But you can still drive her as she is and add half a quart of oil every 2 weeks or so! Paint is still good on this car and shines very well just a little faded with a couple of scraps and dents! But overall in very good condition for a 23+ year old car!

Interior is like new, carpet is very clean looks new, both seats are in great shape and have little to no wear! Car has 133,XXX miles on it with full tune up done and inspection as well! Belts and water pump were replaced at around 85,xxx miles from previous owner.

------What I fixed/added-------

- Headlight problem, New relay/switch!
- Cleaned engine bay
- Cleaned wheel wheels and chassy! Believe me 10 lbs of dirt came of this car after I was done! the wheel wheels were a mess!!!
- Changed burnt out bulbs in Cluster and Dash with Blue LED's
- New Clutch and Slave cylinders with new Brake fluid and flushed all the lines!
- New brake pads
- Changed oils with Castrol 20w50 for engine every 2,500 miles, and added some MT-90 with lightweight shockproof for the Trans in Aug 08!
- New shift boot
- Flushed and cleaned windshield washer tubs and squirters! As well as the headlight squirters.
- New washer pump
- Added new Sony deck with speakers and remote
- Fixed rear hatch opener but the latches and the bolts are old and a little bent, which prevents the hatch from opening under the motor power but can be opened manually! New hardware costs around $100
- Went through the electrical wiring of this car and cleaned all ground points as it is the culprit in these cars but everything works including the sunroof motor and hatch wiper!

-----The bad-----

- Engine leaks a little oil cause of a bad seal on the belt rollers
- Clutch makes pop noise sometimes when lifting from the pedal and has about 40% life left according to my mechanic. But it still drives good and I had the noise when I bought it! Might be the release bearing!
- Front tires are at 20% and the rears are at 15% thread left! These are only the second set of tires that the car had in it's life time!
- The phone dial rims are in good shape with no cracks but could use a repaint!
- Nose and headlight panels and top bumper were repainted cause the previous owner had a braw on and the car had white patches all over which looked nasty! Tried to match up color as best as I could!
- AC dose not work needs a recharge! I can feel a little cold air coming but never really cared to recharge it as you got the whole sunroof that comes off and the windows that role down for the summer! Heater blows hot!

I will help you out with any answers you may have about the car and give you all my resources that I have gathered including names of good people, Vendors, and the car forums I am with! This car was only driven on weekend/sunny days and hardly ever saw rain, never driven in the winter, No street racing or track time on this car! Very mell maintained and cared for! You can reach me at (425) 293-3329 ask For Damian. IF you want day time shots, they are coming soon!