Best Boston Area Lexus Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 04:25 PM
damuse
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Boston Area Lexus Dealer?

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum, first post. Thanks in advance for all your help.
After having an Acura TL that I liked, and an Infiniti M37X that I didn't like, I've decided to buy a Lexus GS350. I will be getting a 2015 AWD Luxury model this week from a dealership in Philadelphia.
I would like to go to a real Lexus dealership for some kind of multi-point inspection and have everything checked out. Furthermore, during the warranty period, I am inclined to have it serviced at a Lexus dealership. My experience with Acura of Peabody was fantastic. My experience with Herb Chambers Infiniti of Boston was abysmal.

Which Lexus dealership in the Boston area has the best service department? I could make it to Watertown easy, and Danvers is not too far. Hingham and Sharon would be tough, but not out of the question. Northborough would need to be the greatest dealership in history for me to make it out that far.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-07-18, 07:00 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

I've been to Watertown and Danvers (IRA)... Both of them were pretty good.

I prefer Danvers more than Watertown though. I need few maintenance items done next week, and I am going to drive 25 miles to IRA instead of 6 miles to Watertown since I like IRA better.

Watertown seemed to be taking corporate's side over customer's side on borderline warranty issues.
The following users liked this post:
damuse (01-08-18)
Old 01-22-18, 06:13 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I've only been to Lexus of Watertown and Ira Lexus (Danvers).

For purchasing the vehicle, Watertown hands down. Ira was a joke when I was in the market for my previous IS350 and will not go back to them. That said, their service department is more than adequate, Watertown is pretty good for service too. I bring my IS-F to Watertown and CT to Ira, just preference. I see more of the higher end vehicles at Watertown so that's why I bring my F to them.
Old 01-25-18, 10:18 AM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Watertown has been OK for service, although WRT my brake squealing issue I was more or less blown off but this might be a corp thing because the Lexus TSB apparently doesn't apply to AWD vehicles.

As far as actually buying a Lexus sedan in MA? I wouldn't even bother trying unless I had an in at a dealer where they would bring something in for me. Most of the dealers in this state are kind of a joke in terms of CPO inventory. I had to go to NJ to find my car, things like CPO F-sports and lux package cars are a rarity in this state in general. I think its just because a lot of the MA lexus demographic is boring, like 90% up here buy RX/NX and an ES or IS 250 here or there. Having a GS in new england, is actually a semi rare car. Even out of the other GS's I've seen floating around, I've not seen another F-sport in the flesh in MA on the roads. I've actually seen more pure F-cars (an ISF, an RCF, and a GSF, 1 of each in the past year or so) than I have seen GS-350 F-sports.

I had to go to NJ to buy my car, but it was worth it- because I actually got what I wanted rather than having to settle for an overpriced F-sport with 50K on it in a color I didn't want.

-Mike
Old 07-04-18, 06:30 AM
Jbrody10
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been servicing my 99 SC400 at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon and their service department is excellent.
Old 07-04-18, 08:29 PM
houligan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Avoid Lexus Watertown- as shady as it gets. stereotypical car dealership sales antics.

I bought mine from Herb Chambers Lexus Hingham, Excellent service all the way around! They located the new is 350f sport in the exact color and options I wanted, and even flat bed shipped it from PA.
Old 07-09-18, 06:21 AM
PC94
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For sales, my friends and colleagues had good experiences with Lexus of Sharon.

For service, I've had great experiences with Lexus of Northborough.

Inventory in this area in general is super weird, as aforementioned. Watertown used to be flooded with CT's, and Northborough has a ton of "base" ES's. I've seen much better cars from NH or RI even.
Old 01-09-22, 01:45 PM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 134 Posts

Worst ever car purchasing experience at Ira Lexus in Manchester, NH. Some truly incredible, dishonest antics there.