NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Officially Part of the family :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15, 01:03 PM
AlpineBST
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Officially Part of the family :)

So I was casually browsing internet car for sale ads of a completely different brand last Sunday for no particular reason, and fast forward 3 days and I ended up buying a completely different car that I really didn’t need …..but simply couldn’t pass up on.

As many of you know I am affiliated with Lexus, but I don’t own one.

This one is a 2004 (only 384 made that year) and has every available option except wood grain interior (thank god) and nav in a solid color combo (silver/black with factory alcantara inserts). Heated seats, memory seating, power moon roof, factory HID's with halogen fogs. Completely stock.

Yes, I bought a sportcross with only 31k miles on it

The car hasn’t even finished breaking in yet and could theoretically last another 150 centuries with that kinda miles. It is a one owner car, garaged its whole life , clean carfax, and I have every service record since the dawn of time.

And to answer the question, NO I wont be turbo-ing this…albeit tempting. There aren’t a whole lot of these, and I have reason to believe that this might be the one of the lowest mileage examples around.

What I do want to do, is resolve a few small issues and bring it back to MINT factory spec. Drive it for a few years and when I get bored, sell it. I really don’t need a third car, especially at this point in my life, but I couldn’t even fathom passing up on a stupid low mileage car of which I have only seen 2 in my lifetime .

Interior is mint although missing a few small things:
It doesn’t have a rear carpeted trunk mat, which ill be able to source out. Its missing the dome light cover (for some odd reason) and that’s about it.

Exterior wise, it does have a few small shopping cart dents in one of the doors. There is about a pea sized bit of rust on the driver side door from what appears to be a ding that was just never repaired. Theres some scuffs on the front bumper (which ill probably either replace or re sprayed) a small dent on the rear hatch and two of the wheels have a little bit of curbing.

With all that being said mechanically its SOLID. The front two tires are old (from 04) but have plenty of tread and aren’t dry rotted whatsoever. So I might do something in the summer about it , I know I shouldn’t mess around with tires, but they look great, just a little noisy until the warm up. I have a left over k&n air filter from when my supra was NA

Overall it’s a fun driving car, and I wont be dailying it but more used as a “its too nice of a day for the daily, and too (enter excuse here) for the supra” .

Ps keep in mind that with I wasn’t able to clean the car yet with weather/work. So it’s a little dirty to me. Im going to be doing some cleaning on the interior but the exterior is going to stay as is until the ground thaws.
Anyways…onto the photos!

Old 01-02-15, 06:14 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Nice find man!!

Congrats!
Old 01-02-15, 06:17 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah that's a hell of a find for sure. Congrats
Old 01-03-15, 11:52 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome, so the pic of the IS from this past week's c&c was yours
Old 01-04-15, 07:56 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice pick-up. I dig that interior.

Enjoy her!!
Old 01-04-15, 10:10 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pick up Jason!!!
Old 01-04-15, 11:28 AM
AlpineBST
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikez
Welcome, so the pic of the IS from this past week's c&c was yours
yessir! I got the car new years eve and i drove it to work the next day (which conveniently involved me going to C&C )

And thanks for all the love guys Ive know most of you for quite a few years now, and even though I never had a lexus, you guys were more than welcoming. Im happy to be a part of neloc!

So about those neloc stickers..................
Old 01-04-15, 06:42 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yesssssssssss!! congrats buddy!!!

pics i took...

Old 01-08-15, 02:53 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Sweet! Nice ride Jason!