NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

SpringFest5! by Sumospeed (April 26, 2014) + Attendance List

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-14, 08:43 PM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know its far but we should decide where we are staying and what days we want to go for. i was thinking thursday -sunday or friday-monday. last time it was too short and non stop fun.
Old 01-30-14, 10:32 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djoxx
Im down to go….. Hopefully there is a meet before then so i could meet the crew
We can link up in Brooklyn and meet the rest of the guys down in Jersey. Then all roll out like we did in 2012. Boy I keep looking at the piks from last time lol.
Old 01-31-14, 01:20 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the hotel options?
Old 01-31-14, 03:22 PM
Slwyota
Driver School Candidate

Maybe I can finally get my hoodie off of Jimmy or someone lol
Old 02-01-14, 05:49 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

We just booked a few rooms at Boardwalk Resort Hotel and Villas. Trying to decide what cars we're bringing....my new project won't be done in time though.
Old 02-04-14, 11:14 AM
OVRDOSE
Driver School Candidate

I'll be going again too, already registered!

OVRDOSE - Belco - VA - IS250
Old 02-05-14, 10:28 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95737061@N02/12326799553/
Looking for group rates right now… Start calling out from work or practice your sick day voice.. haha. hope you all can join.
Old 02-05-14, 10:33 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Andy idk if you saw this or not

"this is the hotel DIRECTLY next to the convention center. there will be discounted room rates of 119/night, just mention springfest while youre booking"

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...NDT/index.html

This was posted on the Springfest fb. I know this place will probably be jammed pack since its right next door. I wonder how far the Aloft is from the Covention center?
Old 02-05-14, 10:43 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Originally Posted by tjmhillz

"this is the hotel DIRECTLY next to the convention center. there will be discounted room rates of 119/night, just mention springfest while youre booking"

This was posted on the Springfest fb. I know this place will probably be jammed pack since its right next door. I wonder how far the Aloft is from the Covention center?
i did c that. thats y i was calling up other places today. I think that EVERYBODY and there moms will be at doubletree. Let me c what i can do.

If you guys want to drive about 30-40 mins and stay at aloft thats fine with me.
Old 02-10-14, 05:58 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Aloft is about 15 miles away
Originally Posted by tjmhillz

Old 02-11-14, 08:00 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

small update.. made a bunch of calls trying to get group rates and no luck.
we where thinking of staying in the ramada inn.
615 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA
Old 02-21-14, 02:20 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

I left a voicemail with the sales rep at Aloft Chesapeake asking about a possible group rate. I'm thinking Aloft hasn't let us down yet, their parking lot is huge and can accommodate all of us, and it's a short drive to VA Beach, so why not stick with them. I'll post again when I get a reply
Old 03-01-14, 07:09 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

After getting nowhere with the group rate request at Aloft, it has been decided that everyone will be booking their rooms on their own. Their website, www.aloftchesapeake.com currently has a special offer going on where if you book one night, you get a 2nd night 40% off (which is valid from Thursday through Monday, if you plan on staying that long!), so book ASAP before this deal is gone! This puts the nightly rate at $70! With that being said, I finally registered for the show and booked my hotel room last night
Old 03-02-14, 01:02 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just updated the first post. Added some hotel info, added people to the attendance list. Let me know what else I should update/ add.

Group rates would be nice, but I would prefer to stick with the NELOC family in a single hotel. But I may do this a day trip for myself like last year (get there by morning, home by night). Share rooms and what not.

Jimmy, for registrations, we're staying outdoors I'm assuming? SF is both indoor and outdoor this year.
Old 03-04-14, 07:03 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheAzn
I just updated the first post. Added some hotel info, added people to the attendance list. Let me know what else I should update/ add.

Group rates would be nice, but I would prefer to stick with the NELOC family in a single hotel. But I may do this a day trip for myself like last year (get there by morning, home by night). Share rooms and what not.

Jimmy, for registrations, we're staying outdoors I'm assuming? SF is both indoor and outdoor this year.
The group rate we were trying to get from the different hotels would've been to accommodate all of NELOC (or as much as possible, if some wanted to stay elsewhere for whatever reason). The idea of sticking together in a single hotel never changed. The plan is for ALL of us to stay at the same hotel to make communication and organizing a lot easier to handle. Also, there are no more indoor registration spots left open for the event, so outdoor is the only option at this point.

Quick Reply: SpringFest5! by Sumospeed (April 26, 2014) + Attendance List