NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Recommended Car Detailer in North NJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-13, 03:07 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Car Detailer in North NJ

Does anyone know of a reputable car detailer who operates in north jersey/Hudson county? There are a couple of places near my house that offer detailing but I am not sure of the quality of work they perform. Was hoping that members in my area knew of any individuals or companies that they used in the past that they could refer to me.
Old 05-27-13, 11:21 AM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

Detailer's Domain

Street Dreams Detail

I know both Phil and Dave, respectively, and their work is top notch. I believe Phil is a sponsor for CL. These guys are the top detailers in the area...hands down. They're a little pricey, but for top tier quality....its worth it. Both are located in Norwood, NJ.

If you're looking for something a little more budget friendly, talk to Lou at Buff Auto Appearance. He does awesome work as well for a really good price. Plus he's mobile....I did a review for him on this site. You can search for it. I believe he's based in the Clifton/Wayne area but he can come to you. Just call him up and set up a time.

Regardless, if you use any of them just tell them Chris with the silver is300 sent you. They'll take care of you.
Old 05-27-13, 06:37 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Chris!! I'll definitely look into both and see which one fits my budget and availability.

Even though the car always looks great when it's on the showroom floor it's not until you bring it home and do it quick detailing yourself that you start to notice swirl marks, water spots, and bird dropping stains. I'd love to take care of it myself but figure for the first go around a professional should give it a go first to do her first official wax and polishing.

I'll be sure to throw your name out there when I call these guys.
Old 05-28-13, 05:41 AM
chubz
Lead Lap

i have a friend who does great work over

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...j-north-2.html
Old 05-28-13, 02:01 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i never tried buff but after hearing you chris I will try them this year...u can alsy try autolux they are mobile as well and good price...not sure what you need done but u can also try them...but hands down if u want the best go with what chris said of detailers domain and street dreams...
Old 05-28-13, 08:46 PM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=416291

There's the link for the review.... this is back when I first had the car too. It doesn't look remotely close to that anymore... I think it got slower too....

I got a lot of flak for it too... I was still green in the detailing world... but they were awesome and I do use them from time to time when I get lazy.
Old 06-01-13, 09:10 AM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for all the info! I ended up going over to Phil over at Detailers Domain. To say the work he did is excellent would be a serious understatement. Thanks Chris for pointing me in his direction. As soon as I mentioned the silver IS300 he knew exactly who I was talking about.

Nice to know also that he is a reseller for Vossen and BBS wheels. He also seems to have quite a few contacts that supply other parts as well. He and I are currently looking at doing a drop with a set of KW3 coilovers and some Vossen CV7s in dark gray.
Old 06-01-13, 02:12 PM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

Awesome...Phil is a great guy. He has a lot of really good contacts and can get some top quality products. I buy from him all the time.