Good Shop To Paint Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 11:31 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Shop To Paint Wheels?

Hey guys,

Just bought a used set of wheels, and they have some paint chips along with some bubbling near the center bore. Thinking of repainting the entire face. Anyone know any good places with good pricing in the NJ/NY area? They are 3 piece wheels, so i need someone who knows how to disassemble and reassemble the wheels properly.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-11, 10:33 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Just brought my wheels to a place called Al's Hubcaps in Long Island. Place looks cheap, but I've seen a bunch of good reviews on various forums.

He's removing some minor bends in my wheels and repainting all the faces. Im worried about the paint as i would rather powder coat, but he said he can better match the color with paint. He told me that it will be durable enough. I have read mixed reviews on his paint work and this is worrying me. Anyone have any experience with him?
Old 12-20-11, 03:06 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone knows a good paint shop where I can take my rear lip to get it painted? Is this Al guy good to match my Obsidian?
Old 12-21-11, 12:02 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GilIS250
Does anyone knows a good paint shop where I can take my rear lip to get it painted? Is this Al guy good to match my Obsidian?
I believe Al only works on wheels. Im sure there are plenty of good places, I would search on google
Old 12-21-11, 05:33 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

^^^Thanks brian, been searching since last night actually.. I just got curious...
Old 12-23-11, 06:52 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for the late response but Brian did you get your wheels done already. I know a guy in Jersey City that does AMAZING powder coating and affordable. His name is Billy and you can check out his website here.

http://needpowdercoating.wordpress.com/
Old 12-27-11, 12:02 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Sorry for the late response but Brian did you get your wheels done already. I know a guy in Jersey City that does AMAZING powder coating and affordable. His name is Billy and you can check out his website here.

Damn, wish you told me sooner. His work does look very good, but i got my wheels done in NY at Papo's Auto Clinic. And im very satisfied with his work

Thanks~
Old 12-27-11, 05:53 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Billy is the man....

I just cant deal with Al's attitude.
Old 12-28-11, 10:00 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
Billy is the man....

I just cant deal with Al's attitude.
I TOTALLY agree with you. I originally gave my wheels to Al, but he is a complete d***. He's extremely unprofessional and knows nothing about customer service. He got angry at me for asking him questions... This is the reason I switched over to Papo's, and I'm so happy I did. Very nice guy, and truly cares about his work.

I seriously cannot believe the way Al talked to me
Old 12-28-11, 10:36 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive never dealt with AL before. Ive always talked to Billy though. I was planning on getting him to powder coat my old wheels but i ended up selling them.
Old 12-29-11, 09:19 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Ive never dealt with AL before. Ive always talked to Billy though. I was planning on getting him to powder coat my old wheels but i ended up selling them.
Trust me, you dont want to. I will definitely look into Billy if i need anything else powdercoated, thanks

Another question: do you guys know any good tire shops, a place that wont scrach up your wheels and offer road force balancing? I usually just go to pepboys but i just got 19's and i heard that you should get 19's road force balanced or you might get vibrations.
Old 01-31-12, 06:08 AM
little2576
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Trust me, you dont want to. I will definitely look into Billy if i need anything else powdercoated, thanks

Another question: do you guys know any good tire shops, a place that wont scrach up your wheels and offer road force balancing? I usually just go to pepboys but i just got 19's and i heard that you should get 19's road force balanced or you might get vibrations.
I would be interested in this also...about to pull the trigger on some wheels & want to get them force balanced as well....im in the elizabeth area of NJ